If found guilty - Fry the bastage in motor oil! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : If found guilty - Fry the bastage in motor oil!

Blitzer
09-04-2009, 09:04
AF Major Guilty of Indecent Acts

September 04, 2009

The Gazette, Colorado Springs,Colo.

<!-- Uncomment this when the Jive comments functionality is available -->

<!-- quick fix for IE6&7 render bug where duplicate word being added. hasLayout-related-->
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- An Air Force Academy major on trial this week for rape has pleaded guilty to several related crimes.

But Maj. Barry N. Nixon is disputing the rape claim brought by a girl over an assault she says occurred five years ago in Germany. A court-martial panel was hearing arguments in that case earlier today.

Nixon has pleaded guilty to indecent acts upon a child and two assault counts -- crimes that could bring a maximum of 14 years in prison and discharge from the Air Force.

In the rape case, prosecutors put the child on the stand to describe the attack as defense attorneys called expert witnesses to show that what occurred doesn't meet the military's definition of rape, which requires penetration of a genital opening.

The Gazette doesn't usually name victims of sexual assault.
Defense witness Dr. Susan Brown testified that the girl was too young to understand what happened, and could be mistakenly defining what happened as rape. No medical examination was performed in the case, leaving both sides to rely on testimony rather than physical evidence.
A rape conviction at court-martial could bring a maximum sentence of life in prison.

A panel of five men and one woman who range in rank from major to colonel will decide whether Nixon is guilty as soon as Friday.

Unlike civilian courts, military juries don't need to reach a unanimous verdict. Four guilty votes would convict Nixon, while less than four would result in an acquittal.

<!-- -->
© Copyright 2009 The Gazette, Colorado Springs,Colo.. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link to article here (http://www.military.com/news/article/af-major-guilty-of-indecent-acts.html?ESRC=eb.nl)

Lady Glock
09-04-2009, 09:31
I agree. If he did it, give him the maximum

Airman 28
09-04-2009, 11:58
Court martial, with dishonorable discharge - of course, and then 30 to 40 years in prison in general population. That's if he's guilty and from all the stories i've been reading ( hear and other places) it seems that he is.

meeko
09-05-2009, 19:44
That is one thing about the military. If someone is convicted in military court of something they generally do consderably more time than someone in the state court systems!

One thing that I wonder though. I am not defending or accusing anyone here but, why is it that in so many cases it dosen't get reported as "rape" until years later?

09-05-2009, 23:40
Eastwood in the town of Lago asks the midget, What took her so long to complain. The midget said maybe because you didn't go back for more http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/anim_rofl2.gif

bluelineman
09-07-2009, 09:06
I'm wondering how old she was? Not condoning any activities or siding with anyone, just want complete info. I do, however, realize that the Major pled guilty.

When I had only been in 2 years, a guy I knew got railroaded. He was 18, she 17. She got pissed at him, told her Mom they had sex & he was an a-hole. Mom went to the Security Police Commanders office, investigation followed. When he was found guilty of statutory rape, the Mom & daughter went back to the SP Commander & said they didn't realize he would do hard time, get kicked out of the USAF, etc. They wanted to re-cant their statements. He said sorry, investigation & court martial completed, too late. He ended up getting kicked out, doing some time in an Army jail, etc. He probably had to register as a sex offender too. She was one year younger than him.

Sorry about the partial thread hijack BLITZER. This story brought back some memories of someone getting railroaded.

6F0 Nick
09-09-2009, 12:34
I'm wondering how old she was? Not condoning any activities or siding with anyone, just want complete info. I do, however, realize that the Major pled guilty.

When I had only been in 2 years, a guy I knew got railroaded. He was 18, she 17. She got pissed at him, told her Mom they had sex & he was an a-hole. Mom went to the Security Police Commanders office, investigation followed. When he was found guilty of statutory rape, the Mom & daughter went back to the SP Commander & said they didn't realize he would do hard time, get kicked out of the USAF, etc. They wanted to re-cant their statements. He said sorry, investigation & court martial completed, too late. He ended up getting kicked out, doing some time in an Army jail, etc. He probably had to register as a sex offender too. She was one year younger than him.

Sorry about the partial thread hijack BLITZER. This story brought back some memories of someone getting railroaded.
Sounds like a BS story. If he was 18 and she was 17, he wouldn't be in trouble for stat. rape. There is probably more to the story than you really know.

AF-Odin
09-09-2009, 20:29
Au contraire. Typical scenario around Military towns, 18-19 year old GIs with 16 year old girls. Not usually a big deal when it is a local HS Senior 18 with a 16 year old sophmore girl, but when it is an 18 or 19 year old PVT with that same girl, the locals go nuts and press Stat rape charges. Seen it too many times. Rarely in a military court, usually in the local jurisdiction unless the act occurred on post. Sometimes remedied by the proverbial "shotgun wedding" which usually ends badly a couple of years later.

arodgers
09-09-2009, 23:50
Sounds like a BS story. If he was 18 and she was 17, he wouldn't be in trouble for stat. rape. There is probably more to the story than you really know.

And why wouldn't he? Age of consent may be 17 in the military, but they follow law of the land, and that is 18 in most states. 18 year old with a 17 year old would be statutory rape in every state I've ever lived in.

meeko
09-10-2009, 16:08
And why wouldn't he? Age of consent may be 17 in the military, but they follow law of the land, and that is 18 in most states. 18 year old with a 17 year old would be statutory rape in every state I've ever lived in.

Actually state statutes are not always followed. Every state has different ages for statutory rape. For example in Indiana the age of 16 and over is consensual for civillians! so unles you are a teacher or in a position where the person is a ward etc one person could be 30 years old and her or him be 16 (in Indiana) and it's not statutory rape it's consensual! However (comma) the UCMJ is THE LAW when in the military. the UCMJ stricly prohibites any contact of a sexual nature under the age of 18. so it might not be a crime per sey of the state law but as a military member you are in big trouble even with just a 1 year age difference!

6F0 Nick
09-11-2009, 11:45
Yeah...you are wrong. It is only 18 in about 5 states (minority of states) and even then, if it is 18, most of those aren't considered rape if the "of age" person is less than 5 years older than the younger one.

I think there are about 2 states where he would be guilty of stat rape with only a 1 year difference in the ages.

bluelineman
09-12-2009, 10:57
The story I gave was back in 1990 or 1991. The laws might have been different then.

mkmulin13
09-13-2009, 18:49
Military law is different from civvie law. It is cut and dry. I have seen the example above at a tech training base involving a military male and a civillian female. I think it had to do with her being a minor (not 18.) A good example of how military law differs from civvie law is underage consumption. In the civillian world you may get a ticket, under military law you can get the book thrown at you...A15, loss of stripe, forfeiture of pay, and/or re-enlistment denial, and some counseling by the hospital (Life Skills.)

Pook-60
09-23-2009, 18:52
Used to work with the guy years ago...never saw this side of him. Wouldn't care to see this in anyone.

An Air Force Academy major has been sentenced to 18 years of confinement after he was found guilty of rape and assault of an underage girl.

Maj. Barry Nixon was an air officer commanding for cadets, before being removed from that position pending his trial, said academy spokesman John Van Winkle. The court-martial took place from Sept. 1-4.

Nixon pleaded guilty to one count of assault and two counts of “indecent acts on a female under 16 years of age.” He pleaded not guilty to rape and assault with intent to commit rape of a person under 16. Nixon was found guilty of all charges by a panel of six military officers.

Van Winkle said Nixon committed the violations during prior duty assignments before starting at the academy.

faawrenchbndr
09-30-2009, 17:44
With a name like Nixon you know he was guilty and you know he was going to lie about it!

JBnTX
10-04-2009, 17:19
Sounds like a BS story......

A Security Police Commander has no say in whether or not a person is charged or tried.

The Legal Office makes that determination.