Silvercreek IDPA Postal Match Plus - September 2009 - Scores [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Silvercreek IDPA Postal Match Plus - September 2009 - Scores

TreehugginGlock
09-06-2009, 11:30
Well, folks. Need I say that our September match was just tons of fun or what? We couldn't ask for better weather, a great group of shooters and an interesting and challenging course of fire with the Postal Match stages along with the extra wicked stage designed by our own Area Coordinator Jeff Brown, who was our special guest this month.

Thank you to everyone who helped make this match possible. Bob Cortelessa helped with the stapling of the targets (and re-stapling to make sure we were in compliance with Postal Match height specifications), Danny Massey and Jason Bradford and friends helped set the targets Saturday morning, John Haas helped with hard scape set up, Gary Haas helped with registration and our wonderful SO's, Jennifer Anderson, Jeff Brown and Don Applegarth who also ran our new shooter's orientation. Of course, I appreciate all of the help all of the shooters offered with pasting, scoring and breaking down of the stages, too. Without everyone's help, we would not be able to put these matches on. If you would like to volunteer to help with stage set up, stapling of targets, scoring or SO'ing, please contact me at this email address or through www.silvercreekcc.org. If we all pitch in, no one will get burned out and we can all enjoy the day.

Postal Match scores will be sent to HQ for those of you who are current with their membership and already classified in your division and class. For those of you not yet classified, I have posted your overall Postal Scores at the end of your row so you will be able to visually compare your results versus the final international results once they are posted on www.idpa.com or www.idpapostalmatch.com which is expected some time in November.

If you are not classified yet, we will be holding a Classifier Match next month on Saturday, October 3rd. As an IDPA member, unless you are ranked Master class in your division, you do need to shoot a classifier at least once a year to verify you are shooting against folks of similar skill level. Also, being classified will allow you to participate in state, regional and national sanctioned matches such as the Indiana State match being held October 31st in Atlanta, Indiana, just 20 minutes north of Indianapolis. Information about the Indiana match and entry fees are attached. Space is running out quickly, so if you are interested, please send in your application and match fees ASAP. Jeff Brown (Match Director for the Indiana State match and our own Area Coordinator) says he estimates the match being full in the next couple of weeks, so don't wait. Should be lots of fun!

Also, I am accumulating a list of folks interested in attending a Safety Officer Training Class some time in February. If you are interested, please drop me a note and I will let you know the details of the class as they are finalized. The class will be an 8 hour classroom and range time on a single Saturday and will be complete that day. Remember, when you volunteer to be a Safety Officer at our monthly match, you get to shoot for free that month.

Thank you again, everyone who shot with us this month. We wish a safe return to those of our regulars that were not able to attend due to holiday travel or commitments. We hope to see you next month. I look forward to hearing for those who wish to volunteer with the matches (only 2 left in the season) and for those interested in the SO Training Class in February, too.

Have a great September. See you next month.

Leigh Ann Jeter
IDPA Match Director
Silvercreek Conservation Club
Sellersburg, Indiana