OT: I love my Marlin 795 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT: I love my Marlin 795

Poodle
09-08-2009, 17:31
My 795 just passed the 1000 rounds mark with one stovepipe (probably operator error as the guy shooting it at the time is a newbie) and one failure of the bolt to lock open (probably ammo related). Using local cheap Armscor solid point hi-vel ammo.

For an inexpensive .22 this rifle is a marvel. Very accurate too (at least up to 75 meters for lack of a longer bay in Marikina). I installed an 1 x 40 Optima red dot scope and zeroed it at 50 meters. The red dot is about 6 moa and the groupings (10 rounds per group) at 50 meters were about 3 to 4 inches (with 3 or three strays per group - not always). Not too bad I think. Trigger is a little heavy but I don't want to tinker with it yet. All in all, a nice gun.

dinggaling
09-08-2009, 18:40
My 795 just passed the 1000 rounds mark with one stovepipe (probably operator error as the guy shooting it at the time is a newbie) and one failure of the bolt to lock open (probably ammo related). Using local cheap Armscor solid point hi-vel ammo.

For an inexpensive .22 this rifle is a marvel. Very accurate too (at least up to 75 meters for lack of a longer bay in Marikina). I installed an 1 x 40 Optima red dot scope and zeroed it at 50 meters. The red dot is about 6 moa and the groupings (10 rounds per group) at 50 meters were about 3 to 4 inches (with 3 or three strays per group - not always). Not too bad I think. Trigger is a little heavy but I don't want to tinker with it yet. All in all, a nice gun.
hi father, finally installed my bipods (per your directive, ha3) and yes the 795 is a sweet shooting rifle (mine is SS by the way), and very reliable and accurate! :wavey:

vega
09-09-2009, 17:05
I saw the techsight you were talking about, maganda pala tingnan pero mahal.

Poodle
09-09-2009, 18:29
I saw the techsight you were talking about, maganda pala tingnan pero mahal.

Ang mahal nga. Meron kaya pang airsoft na ganun?