Rifle shooting in Orlando area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rifle shooting in Orlando area?

Dillusion
09-09-2009, 19:16
Where can I shoot an AR .223 or 5.56 in the Orlando area?

U-phorik407
09-10-2009, 09:30
IIRC Shoot Straight (Apopka) has a rifle range, and so does Riegs on S. OBT.

FlaChef
09-10-2009, 09:40
The Gun Shop in Leesburg has indoor rifle also. Otherwise most of the other indoor ranges will let you use frangible ammo on their ranges.

You can always make the trip up to Ocala to the forestry service public range.

Seminole gun and archery range is open to the public on the first sunday of every month.

Or you can join Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club or Chouloute Sportsmans Club.

greatwun
09-10-2009, 10:29
The Gun Gallery in front of the OC corrections. But you can only use frangible ammo there.

glockpacker
09-10-2009, 10:48
Or you can join Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club...

Great Idea. It's a good club and a good facility.

You can use that AR to shoot in the monthly 300-meter fun competition. They have a class for service rifle. There are rifle ranges on both sides of the 300 meter range... I guess they're 50 and 100 yards. And they do a LOT of action pistol shooting.

CFRPC.com

Dillusion
09-10-2009, 11:58
The Gun Gallery in front of the OC corrections. But you can only use frangible ammo there.

Whats frangible, handgun ammo?

SilverBullet_83
09-10-2009, 12:09
Whats frangible, handgun ammo?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/frangible.htm

Jon_R
09-11-2009, 16:12
If you are interested in some action shooting run and gun I know a guy who runs a monthly IPSC 3-Gun Match in Palm Bay. :whistling:

Lot of fun if you like moving and shooting.

ajackb
09-11-2009, 17:17
"I know a guy who runs a monthly IPSC 3-Gun Match in Palm Bay." :whistling:

Hmmmm, I wonder who that could be?

AB

mdhandyman
09-11-2009, 17:27
who????

Jon_R
09-11-2009, 17:30
who????

Me. :cool:

If you want any info

http://www.pmrpc3gun.com

Next Match 9/19

Dillusion
09-12-2009, 18:29
Me. :cool:

If you want any info

http://www.pmrpc3gun.com

Next Match 9/19

Ill have my first AR this Tuesday hopefully, but I'll be new to the platform. I dont wanna start running around with yall guys in tac vests when I cant even hit the target yet :rofl:

Where can I do a basic rifle class?

Jon_R
09-13-2009, 07:41
Ill have my first AR this Tuesday hopefully, but I'll be new to the platform. I dont wanna start running around with yall guys in tac vests when I cant even hit the target yet :rofl:

Where can I do a basic rifle class?

I am not aware of any local rifle or carbine classes but if you know how to safely fire your weapons, load them, and unload them you are welcome at the match. Routinely my daughter(14) and son(11) shoot the match. There is not a lot of substitutes for just jumping in and running them as long as you can do so safely. It is certainly a good idea to try the match before you start buying a bunch of stuff. Look at what other people have and learn from them what works and what doesn't. They are always willing to help out a new shooter.

The only tac vest at the match is one of our Saiga shot gunners. 10 rounds of 12 Gauge makes a pretty big mag. :)

Dillusion
09-13-2009, 15:40
I am not aware of any local rifle or carbine classes but if you know how to safely fire your weapons, load them, and unload them you are welcome at the match. Routinely my daughter(14) and son(11) shoot the match. There is not a lot of substitutes for just jumping in and running them as long as you can do so safely. It is certainly a good idea to try the match before you start buying a bunch of stuff. Look at what other people have and learn from them what works and what doesn't. They are always willing to help out a new shooter.

The only tac vest at the match is one of our Saiga shot gunners. 10 rounds of 12 Gauge makes a pretty big mag. :)

Sounds good. I might give it a try.

njl
10-03-2009, 20:22
Where can I shoot an AR .223 or 5.56 in the Orlando area?

Orlando's big...which part?

Central Florida Rifle and Pistol is nice if you're near the SE corner.

Eustis Gun Club if you're in the NW corner.

Chuluota Sportsmans Club if you're in the NE corner.

All of these are members clubs...you'll have to join or have a friend who's a member.

Dillusion
10-04-2009, 21:50
Orlando's big...which part?

Central Florida Rifle and Pistol is nice if you're near the SE corner.

Eustis Gun Club if you're in the NW corner.

Chuluota Sportsmans Club if you're in the NE corner.

All of these are members clubs...you'll have to join or have a friend who's a member.

Yeah, thats why I cant check those out yet :( I'm by UCF. I have a friend in UCFPD and I may go to the OCSO range sometime soon.