Positive Development on Our Petition Against HB6676 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Positive Development on Our Petition Against HB6676

BrassKnuckle
09-11-2009, 07:37
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The Secretariat and Chief of Staff of the House Committee of Public Order and Safety called ProGun (through Atty. Ticky Tabujara) yesterday afternoon to say that:

1. Speaker Prospero Nograles called them up and inquired into the complaints regarding HB 6776 and why the stakeholders were not given an opportunity to speak or participate in the committee hearing.

2. They were apologetic and explained that "matagal pa" and "it's still a long process" because the bill would have to go through 2nd reading, debates, revisions, and bicameral committee, before anything could be finalized. The impression we got was that there was no more time.

3. The Committee is now inviting us to attend and submit our position paper and to participate in the discussions and revisions to the bill next week. When we go there let's go en masse and hold a brief rally at the gate with placards.

SO AT LEAST NOW WE KNOW THAT OUR VOICES HAVE BEEN HEARD BY NO LESS THAN THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE HIMSELF, WHO IS APPARENTLY PERSONALLY CONCERNED REGARDING THIS MATTER. OUR NOISE-MAKING CAMPAIGN IS CLEARLY PAYING OFF.

MABUHAY TAYONG LAHAT! LET'S KEEP UP THE FIGHT AND THE ONLINE SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN AND CONTINUE MAKING MORE NOISE AGAINST HB NO. 6776 AND SB NO. 3775!!

TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT!

iancg1
09-11-2009, 08:05
After this, maybe we could have bills that would offer greater protection for legitimate gun owners? Something like the US's second amendment?

9MX
09-11-2009, 09:26
I think its high time we form an entity similar to the NRA

toxic
09-11-2009, 10:29
I think its high time we form an entity similar to the NRA

100% agree..

it may sound like a conspiracy theory but sa tansta ko binubulabog lang tayo ng Bill na ito along with the firearms business community para mag lobby and everyone knows pag may naglolobby may cash flow..lapit na kase election.

in any case a NRA like org should give more protection to our stand.

9MX
09-11-2009, 10:31
Yep..at kung matuloy..dapat matino ang leaders

saki1611
09-11-2009, 18:17
a kind of convention should be held, can be participated by all legitimate gun club's officers or representatives in the RP. there and then we can vote for national officers and regional officers.

BrassKnuckle
09-12-2009, 05:53
In my opinion, a confederation of independent gun-related and shooting organizations would be safer than a single national organization.

With a single organization our enemies only have one set of officers to bribe, co-opt, or mislead to win over all gun owners.

MERCMADE
09-12-2009, 07:13
eventually partylist, para me boses tyo.
pag nagkaroon tyo ng political voice, mapipili natin pati mga elected officials natin, syempre mga gun friendly lang

edtf
09-12-2009, 07:29
In my opinion, a confederation of independent gun-related and shooting organizations would be safer than a single national organization.

With a single organization our enemies only have one set of officers to bribe, co-opt, or mislead to win over all gun owners.

I have to agree with this. Just hope there won't be any infighting naman

Kaiser Soze
09-12-2009, 12:55
eventually partylist, para me boses tyo.
pag nagkaroon tyo ng political voice, mapipili natin pati mga elected officials natin, syempre mga gun friendly lang

Although this seems like a good idea, sad to say, I believe that we will not be approved by the Comelec as a partylist group for the simple reason that we are not a disenfranchised sector of society...although there have been numerous partylists that have found ways to circumvent this. I personally feel that the partylist system is seriously flawed, this was created to give people, particularly cultural minorities a voice in legislation, but is sadly dominated by religious groups etc.

bikethief
09-12-2009, 13:13
How can you say that we gun nuts are not a "disenfranchised minority?"

The indigenous tribes outnumber us. The urban poor outnumber us by the millions. But they have their own partylist!

Mr. Soze, you're a racist.

Party on people!

Kaiser Soze
09-12-2009, 13:41
How can you say that we gun nuts are not a "disenfranchised minority?"

The indigenous tribes outnumber us. The urban poor outnumber us by the millions. But they have their own partylist!

Mr. Soze, you're a racist.

Party on people!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

9MX
09-12-2009, 18:54
Oo nga naman, you're a racist Mr. Soze! I won't vote for you, kay Bikethief na lang,nyahahaha!

Clusterbomb
09-14-2009, 22:08
Disenfranchised or marginalized sectors of society?

Pero mas lalo yata hindi lulusot kung sabihing marginalized sector of society ang mga gun owners dito, ha-ha.

PMMA97
09-15-2009, 00:44
Yep..at kung matuloy..dapat matino ang leaders

If it's going to be a democratic process dapat din matino ang members na boboto sa leaders.:cool:

Wp.22
09-15-2009, 00:59
sasabihin ng iba elista yung gun owners partylist kasi mayayaman lang ang nakakabili ng guns not that I and FAFA Alegra have problem being called elitist:supergrin:

Kaiser Soze
09-15-2009, 02:15
Kayo talaga, hindi ako "racist". Bigot yes, racist no. :p

Allegra
09-15-2009, 03:09
sasabihin ng iba elista yung gun owners partylist kasi mayayaman lang ang nakakabili ng guns not that I and FAFA Alegra have problem being called elitist:supergrin:

Ito ay maisisisi sa hindi makatarungang regulasyon sa FED
Humihingi pa kasi ng resibo ng buwis, may buwis ba ang mga foor??
Dapat nating isulong ang karapatan ng masang pilipino!

bikethief
09-15-2009, 05:10
Yuck.

Smelly activist.

Allegra
09-15-2009, 06:36
ay pro rich nga pala tayo...
Isulong ang karapatan ng mariwasang Pilipino!
Di bale na ang mga tubao natin ay nagmula kay Ka Louie Vuitton

Nais ko lang maipakita sa imperialistang rehimen sa bulok na palasyo sa kamaynilaan na hindi na magpapa-api ang pilipinong manunudla!

Parang tunog partylist na nga haha

toxic
09-17-2009, 00:18
ay pro rich nga pala tayo...
Isulong ang karapatan ng mariwasang Pilipino!
Di bale na ang mga tubao natin ay nagmula kay Ka Louie Vuitton

Nais ko lang maipakita sa imperialistang rehimen sa bulok na palasyo sa kamaynilaan na hindi na magpapa-api ang pilipinong manunudla!

Parang tunog partylist na nga haha

IBAGSAK! WAG MATAKOT!! MANGOLEKTA ............ng ARMAS:whistling:

one more time :supergrin:

JEZZZ
09-17-2009, 06:06
IBAGSAK! WAG MATAKOT!! MANGOLEKTA ............ng ARMAS:whistling:

one more time :supergrin:

+1.5 (as long as nonviolent means :rofl:)