SC concealed carry in vehicle [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SC concealed carry in vehicle

rns-glock37
09-11-2009, 07:39
i've been trying to get a definitive answer on the subject of concealed carry while in a vehicle in south carolina. can a ccw holder conceal carry while in a vehicle? i know you can have a gun in the console, glove box, trunk, etc but how about a permit holder having a gun on his person? many thanks

NC Bullseye
09-11-2009, 13:15
If you are a SC permit holder and you are in SC you are good to go with the gun on your person. Just don't forget that you have to inform law enforcement if approached.

Glockphobia
09-12-2009, 05:56
If you are a SC permit holder and you are in SC you are good to go with the gun on your person. Just don't forget that you have to inform law enforcement if approached.

we he said:supergrin:

GT4494
09-12-2009, 12:04
You can carry on your person but I normally put it on the console (cover it with a hat or something) so it is more readily available.. Especially when going to N. Chas..:cool:

rns-glock37
09-12-2009, 12:21
yeah i hear you on the north charleston thing. it's getting pretty bad all around the charleston area. you guys that live in south carolina would do really good to pick up the book "south carolina gun law". it's a very well written book and will answer a lot of questions concerning every aspect of gun law in SC.

hpj3
09-17-2009, 16:47
OK folks... clarification:
With a permit - on your person. Inform LEO if asked for ID. (Not just "if approached")

If in the glove box, not required to inform. Same if in center console, but it MUST have a closed cover (locked not required). If your console does not have a cover, it is not covered by the law.

Howard