Here we go again.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again....

bassman-dan
09-15-2009, 16:00
I picked up the Sunday paper this weekend and eventually made my way to the Parade magazine supplement where I found that the feature article was on Dan Brown's new book, The Lost Symbol.
Some of you may recall that some filming was done recently at the House of the Temple in Washington, D.C. (Headquarters of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction).
From what I gathered from the Parade article, the new Dan Brown book will be very similar to his previous Da Vinci Code in some respects. The prologue of the new book makes the House of the Temple look very dark, forboding, and full of sinister secrets...so here we go again with the same old conspiracy theories. Although Brown will quickly point out that his books are strictly for entertainment, some people will claim that they know better with all kinds of wild theories- and they won't let facts get in their way.
I can only say, have patience Brothers, this too will pass.

deputy tom
09-15-2009, 20:10
Amen.tom.

Mrs. VR
09-26-2009, 14:38
I read it last week. It was...uncomfortable. Overall, he says GOOD things about Masonry, but I didn't WANT to read ritual stuff, and there is no way it's going to HELP with all the conspiracy BS. I've been to all the places he talked about, so it was kind of dumb to me. He even wrote about the Almas Temple, and we got married there. :rollingeyes:

jetboatdriver
10-25-2009, 22:17
Any PR is good PR, it is up to us to decide how to use it to our benefit. At the very least, it has increased the interest in the fraternity.

bassman-dan
10-27-2009, 20:00
I haven't read the book yet. There seems to be mixed reviews.

deputy tom
10-31-2009, 08:02
I haven't read the book yet. There seems to be mixed reviews.

Against my wishes my wife gave me a copy last week for my birthday.I read the prologue and first chapter.I've heard a few different opinions and views as to what effect this will have on obtaining new members.We shall see.tom.

Duncan223
11-02-2009, 12:25
I'm getting sick of the conspiracy books and films about the Lodge. Too bad that is what sells, rather than the truth of what we do.