Cwl holder and chambered gun?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cwl holder and chambered gun??

45CalGlockin
09-24-2009, 16:05
If you have a concealed weapons license can you have your gun snaped in your holster and loaded with one in the chamber in ur glove box or center console???

Dillusion
09-24-2009, 16:11
yes, you can do that without one

45CalGlockin
09-24-2009, 16:13
I just wondering..i have my cwl but someone told me once that you cant have the gun chambered in the car..

rich52us
09-24-2009, 16:26
I just wondering..i have my cwl but someone told me once that you cant have the gun chambered in the car..

They gave you innacurate information. As Dillusion said, you don't need a CCW to do that. A legal citizen of FL who can otherwise obtain a pistol can keep it laoded in their vehicle. I suggest you get Gutmacher's book on Florida Firearms Laws and go by that. It is available at most gun shops, and pawn shops that sell firearms.

45CalGlockin
09-24-2009, 16:30
Thats what i taught but loaded and chambered can be two different things...i guess it might have been back when they had that 3 Step process law

greatwun
09-25-2009, 17:10
the 3 step law does not exist in FL. With a CWL you can have the firearm on you (concealed) chambered or unchambered while in your car.

Mr. Blandings
09-25-2009, 20:43
Hey Glockin,

Seriously, please pick up or order a copy of attorney Jon Gutmacher's book Florida Firearms - Law, Use & Ownership, 6th Edition (http://floridafirearmslaw.com/p/Florida-Firearms-Law-Use-Ownership-Book.html). Do this so you actually know what the law says.FSS 790.25 (5): POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.--Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

40 Cal Joe
09-26-2009, 06:51
What Mr. Blandings suggested would be most prudent and will be the best $25 you ever spend.

volsbear
09-26-2009, 07:09
Get the book. As a general rule, it's a bad idea to walk around with a gun unless you know the applicable laws in your own state. Laws can protect you, but they can also place you in peril if you're not up to speed on them and do something illegal. As the cliche goes, 'ignorance of the law is no excuse.'

rvrctyrngr
09-26-2009, 17:11
the 3 step law does not exist in FL.

....and never has existed.

derp
09-27-2009, 00:41
3 step rule. can somebody tell me when did the 3 step rule was actually in effect? did it ever existed such a thing in Florida?

brboyer
09-27-2009, 11:05
3 step rule. Can somebody tell me when did the 3 step rule was actually in effect? Did it ever existed such a thing in florida?

never!

rvrctyrngr
09-27-2009, 12:59
never!

Yup....right around that time. :supergrin:

FlaChef
09-27-2009, 17:38
Yup....right around that time. :supergrin:

I think the conquistidors might have had a three step process for loading their flintlocks:dunno: