Armorer's course 10/1/09 Who's going?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Armorer's course 10/1/09 Who's going??

Theskip
09-27-2009, 17:11
As the title states, I just want to see if any fellow GT'ers will be at the Armorer's course in Tampa this coming Thursday. The class is full just in case anybody is wondering. I took the last available spot last week :)

FlaChef
09-27-2009, 17:40
well, thanks for the heads up:steamed:

greatwun
09-30-2009, 23:02
Where can I get info on future classes? How much is it and how long? What do you have to bring with you?

Theskip
10-01-2009, 17:24
The Glock Armorer's certification course and related training information (including locations, dates, prices, and what to bring) can be found at www.glocktraining.com.

You must be a LEO, distributor, or GSSF member to attend. If you do not fit into one of these categories, you cannot attend the course.

For information on joining GSSF if you are not already a member, please go to www.gssfonline.com to download the forms.

I just got home from my course and I will join the bandwagon in saying that it's the best $150 I've ever spent. I highly recommend the experience. I know so much now than I did before it's crazy. The course will teach you maintenance, full detail strip techniques, and troubleshooting. Every Glock owner should be required to take this course!

greatwun
10-03-2009, 15:01
Thanks, btw are there any specific books that you would recommend getting that go along good with the course? Ive seen many available but not sure which to pick up.

Theskip
10-03-2009, 15:50
There's nothing that I can really recommend. You get THE book when you get into the class, which is your armorer's manual. It contains all the information you will ever need concerning your Glock firearms. You can go into the course knowing absolutely nothing about Glock firearms, and you will come out knowing everything there is to know.

Glock firearms are incredibly simple devices. There are less than 40 total parts in a Glock firearm and you will learn what each and every one of them does. You'll learn how to tell if parts are worn out and how to perform maintenance on the firearm. You'll also learn about the three safeties and how they each deactivate during the trigger pull. The firearm is so intuitive that it's basically like playing with a lego set.

This is not a hard course. It is designed for cops and distributors. I was in class on Thursday and the majority of attendees were police. The test at the end is easy, and as long as you are paying attention, you will pass with flying colors.

Don't worry about preparing or making sure you're ahead of everybody before you get there. You will receive the best information concerning Glock pistols when you get there, and you'll be able to take those books home and refer to them at any time.