Where is a good Northern KY FFL Dealer? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good Northern KY FFL Dealer?

jlw_84
09-28-2009, 18:00
I live in Campbell but I am willing to drive around a reasonable distance to find a quick and easy to deal with FFL dealer to do my transfers.

I called Marks Guns in Florence and they declined to do my transfer of a stripped AR lower.

Who are you using in this part of the state?

Combat_vet
09-28-2009, 19:11
Bud's gun shop in Paris is probably one of the best in the state and has some of the lowest prices in the nation on firearms.

KY Gun Company in Bardstown is great too!

I use a local pawn shop as my FFL and can have just about anything shipped and transferred without issue.

Call around, any FFL can transfer it to you. Obviously your guy doesnt know what he is doing.
BTW: I'm in Louisville

Hero
09-29-2009, 06:04
Give RLCs on Turfway a call. Also the Quick Cash pawn shop on Turfway could be an option.

You may also try Shooter's Supply off of Richardson.

Not sure what their price would be for the transfer, but any of them are better to deal with than Mark's.

cwshootersupply
09-29-2009, 06:10
If need be I do transfers but I am in Louisville.
CEW

Kona2004
10-01-2009, 06:26
Give RLCs on Turfway a call. Also the Quick Cash pawn shop on Turfway could be an option.

You may also try Shooter's Supply off of Richardson.

Not sure what their price would be for the transfer, but any of them are better to deal with than Mark's.
I think Shooter's charges $50. :wow:

I used to think they had pretty decent prices until this past week. I had been looking around for an M&P15-22 and found one at Quick Cash for $408. Went to the range at Shooter's last night and they're charging $499 there for the exact same gun. When you factor in tax, that's almost a $100 difference and they're only about 10 miles apart.

Hero
10-02-2009, 07:06
Yeah, Shooter's prices have crept up since they moved to their new location.

Have a look down at River Traders in Crittenden. Their prices seem to be pretty good; and they have intentions of building a 50 yard indoor rifle and pistol range!

bheezy
10-27-2009, 18:47
I'm pretty sure that Land Air Sea will do FFL. They are on HWY 27 in Newport.

Stevie Wonder
11-11-2009, 14:03
Mark's usually won't do FFL transfers because they "Guarantee all our weapons for a year." If they do it, they told me they charge $60. That place has gone to hell since the obama mania. Never seen price hikes on rifles be so high.

Quick Cash does transfers for $20.

winder
11-17-2009, 14:05
Herbs and More on Main Street in Florence. The gentleman that owns it and his son have an FFL and do transfers for $20. They are very nice to boot. A little strange going into an herbal medicine store to do the transfer but cheap and friendly. I believe his side FFL business goes by the name of SRD Shooting Supplies.