if you pack heat carry it at all times and pratices looking
aroundyou.
I was unarmed but OK now just lost some chump change
And I have already talkedto the gundoc about a CDWL for
me and the wife.
CEW

Deployment Solu
09-29-2009, 06:38
Sorry for your troubles. Getting your CCW will be a great thing. I carry 24/7. Killing someone over pocket change doesn't seem right, but if they are willing to risk their life for my pocket change, who am I to disappoint them. Robbery is a violent act that can go either way. You never know what is behind that door. I am not willing to take a chance on some thugs generosity to LET me live.

Hero
09-29-2009, 07:15
Glad you're okay. I carry absolutely everywhere I can. Your story definitely reinforces this practice!

Kona2004
10-01-2009, 06:21
I've had my permit since mid-June and carried everyday. I'd never really said anything about carrying, assuming she knew I did since I had my permit. Last week, we were giving our son a bath. I had put my gun away but still had the holster on my belt. While leaning over the side of the tub, my shirt came up a little and she says something like, "That looks like a gun holster." I proceeded to tell her it was. She had numerous questions about where/why I carry. At first, I think she thought I was being a little paranoid but after reminding her of all the fairly recent news stories of shootings at random places, she agreed that it's nice to at least be prepared. I think she's even somewhat interested in going to the range with me sometime.

gruntmedik
10-01-2009, 07:44
Wow! Glad things turned out OK. What part of town were you in?

cwshootersupply
10-01-2009, 12:04
Wow! Glad things turned out OK. What part of town were you in?

At my office in Fern Creek. It happened in the back
parking lot.

CEW

chris in va
10-01-2009, 20:43
Wow, glad to hear you're alright. I live in Shepherdsville and head to Louisville every day for work, various areas. My friend just got her CC permit, I'll let her know what happened to you.

Sorry if this is a bit too soon to ask, but do you feel there was any time to draw and present a CCW in your situation? Were there any warning signs?

cwshootersupply
10-02-2009, 15:27
Wow, glad to hear you're alright. I live in Shepherdsville and head to Louisville every day for work, various areas. My friend just got her CC permit, I'll let her know what happened to you.

Sorry if this is a bit too soon to ask, but do you feel there was any time to draw and present a CCW in your situation? Were there any warning signs?

Yes when the pizza delievery driver stepped out of the back door to get ready to make a delivery the bandit put the gun down by his side. He still had the finger on trigger.
If a had a CCW I would have blowed his brains across the back of the building.
Of course that's hind sight. I would have had to deal with some lady sueing me "You kilt my baby he was a good boy, that was just a bb gun or it wasn't loaded."
It probley was easier just to give him the money and getting away.
Of course I now have a different view now........
CEw

Lady Glock
10-02-2009, 15:55
Happy to see you made it through with just a small loss of property.

facsec2405
10-04-2009, 10:39
The wife and I are going next Saturday for our CCDW class in Lexington and will be carrying all the time.Glad to hear you are ok

Mouth
10-05-2009, 09:57
Glad you made it out. Bad thing is this guy will being doing this again until he is caught.

Terminator2
10-08-2009, 13:06
Holy...Did you report it to the cops? Any more info to give? You gonna be shooting tonight, I would like to hear more. Jonathan

crump582
10-09-2009, 14:51
Congrats on making it out... could have been worse. I'm a PO in Bullitt Co and my girlfriend lives in Lex... she took the class with me when I took it before I got this job and she carries some, but not all the time. I need to get her more comfortable. You never know when it will happen to you, but it seems more and more likely that is WILL happen.

Wow, glad to hear you're alright. I live in Shepherdsville

I also live in Shepherdsville.

Maximaking
10-10-2009, 07:57
That's horrible, I'm glad your OK. Yes you should have a CCDW for sure. Did LMPD catch the guy? Yes it would have made the news that you splattered some low life and that you were being sued for it. Take care and be careful. May I recommend open carry in the mean time. On the bright side it really cuts down on the hey buddy can you spare some change. Stay safe!

chris in va
10-12-2009, 20:04
Yes it would have made the news that you splattered some low life and that you were being sued for it.

Castle Doctrine in Kentucky. If the shoot was proper, they can't sue.

wprebeck
10-13-2009, 10:02
I was held up at gunpoint last nightso boys and girls,
if you pack heat carry it at all times and pratices looking
aroundyou.
I was unarmed but OK now just lost some chump change
And I have already talkedto the gundoc about a CDWL for
me and the wife.
CEW

Got a report number or any word on suspects? PM me, as IIRC, you're right around the corner from where I live. I try and keep up with what's going on around the neighborhood....

wprebeck
10-13-2009, 10:11
BTW, if you didn't know it - I work in LE here locally, and the wife is an LMPD officer. One of the posters in this thread has a brother on LMPD with robbery, although this sounds like a division case. Oddly enough, I know the division dicks (detectives) out here. :cool:

You get to know people after having worked at the jail for almost ten years, and when you're married to a street officer who's been on for nine herself. Plus, some of the guys/girls that ride out here at night are folks who left the jail for the streets.

Without putting too much out there online, I live maybe two miles from where you got robbed. IIRC, you're right by the high school, correct? I'm right down the road a bit; there's a good chance you've passed by my house once or twice, since it's on a main road. Like I said, I try and keep up on the nasty stuff that goes on in the neighborhood; I don't want this area going downhill the way Okolona has, so I try and keep the beat guys informed of any nonsense when I hear about it. There's been an influx of idiots lately around here, too. That home invasion down the road the other day, for instance..Let's just say that it was a targeted home, and not a random event.

The apartments on Hurstborne/Bardstown (both sides) aren't exactly the nicest, and there's a lot of trouble that comes from there. You've also got some teens/young adults that cause problems, like car break-in's and some burglaries from time to time. Most of it settled down after that kid got shot down the street (the officer who shot him was in my wife's class; I know him fairly well), but his friends still like to cause trouble.

Anyway, if you've got any further on it, I'd be interested to know. Also, if you haven't gotten a copy of the report, and need one, just give me the number. I can get you a copy quicker than you going to the station and picking one up. Anything I can do to help, let me know. I prefer our area stay *******-free, ya know?

crump582
10-13-2009, 14:44
If we are talking about the same shoot ... I went to college with Tom and he was in my pledgeclass. Great guy... sadly was his second since being on the job.

cwshootersupply
10-13-2009, 15:29
Castle Doctrine in Kentucky. If the shoot was proper, they can't sue.

As a gun smith/gun dealer I try to keep up with all the laws but this one (not The Castle Doctrine) just that part of it.

I work another job and am busy with that and my wife requires a large part of my time and she is much prettier to look at ( I know I know):supergrin:
so the CDWL wasn't a high piority.

Look at the buisness end of a High Point and that changes your mind quick.

cwshootersupply
10-13-2009, 15:43
Wep yeah probley drive past your house a lot............maybe
I lived in some of those apartments you speak about, I the ones called Oxford.
Still live with in five miles of FC and have lived there all my life until I got married in 2007.

Peaple are peaple some worse than others, about the low life that come into the area. Heck, I would have probley given him money if a I thought he needed it.......

I shoot with the GLIPSC group when I can at Bluegrass and knew a few Metro peaple myself.

Any of you Metro gals and guys if you want to vist just stop in ........
Goes to anybody else. Of BTW I work on guns.................:upeyes::wow::supergrin:

CEW

cwshootersupply
10-14-2009, 22:44
:woohoo:Bad guy has been arrested Way to go Metro:kilt:

2glock40s
10-15-2009, 08:22
Glad to hear you are okay. I work for LMPD in the robbery unit. We only handle business robberies but if you have the bad guys name, PM me with it or the case number. It's possible he's good for some business hold ups. Again glad your okay and glad the beat cars caught him. There are some good guys and gals that ride out there.

crump582
10-15-2009, 08:36
Nice pic... I love that girl!

seanmcp
10-25-2009, 21:17
I hate hearing you were put in that situation, but I'm beyond happy that you were able to walk away out a few bucks. Thankfully, this wasn't one of the (rare) really bad situations where a gun was the only way out.

From a 'work' standpoint, do you know of anyone carrying single shot lowers? DPMS is 6 months out on their single shot lowers, Walt Keller at Safety Harbor has quit making them, and a few of the other 'lesser known' ones I've found seem to be fairly specific to certain uppers. I want to swap a .50 upper onto a new lower, so a single shot should be sturdier than my current DPM lower (I have 3 uppers, 2 in .223 and the .50 BMG, and 2 lowers, and the .50 is beating one of the lowers up a bit).

Sean

cwshootersupply
10-25-2009, 21:21
[
From a 'work' standpoint, do you know of anyone carrying single shot lowers? DPMS is 6 months out on their single shot lowers, Walt Keller at Safety Harbor has quit making them, and a few of the other 'lesser known' ones I've found seem to be fairly specific to certain uppers. I want to swap a .50 upper onto a new lower, so a single shot should be sturdier than my current DPM lower (I have 3 uppers, 2 in .223 and the .50 BMG, and 2 lowers, and the .50 is beating one of the lowers up a bit).

Sean[/QUOTE]
No I don't know of any.
CEW