LCD TV's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LCD TV's

MERCMADE
09-30-2009, 01:45
Need help.
ano ba dapat ang bilin, ano ba dapat ang tinitingnan? medyo kulang kulang ako pag dating sa tech e.
What website can i visit for reviews on TVs that we have here.
lots of cheap lcd tv's out in the market, but whats the catch?
i see them priced below thirty or above 50k for the 32 inch models.
:faint:

Wp.22
09-30-2009, 01:49
Need help.
ano ba dapat ang bilin, ano ba dapat ang tinitingnan? medyo kulang kulang ako pag dating sa tech e.
What website can i visit for reviews on TVs that we have here.
lots of cheap lcd tv's out in the market, but whats the catch?
i see them priced below thirty or above 50k for the 32 inch models.
:faint:

sir browse ka dito www.pinoydvd.com check out also sights and sounds in shangrila and theaterworks in trinoma and robinsons pioneer.

jimbullet
09-30-2009, 02:16
If you are after and LCD TV and not a plasma, it might be a good to know what you are going to use it for. What I mean is what sorts will you be plugging into it. I suppose, you might want to at least have 2 HDMI ports, one for the home theatre and another for the digital cable TV (unless of course all is connected in one, which is not the case in mine). I got a sharp 46 inch HDTV with built in HDTV receiver for it to capture free digital TV (if there is one). All other ports are for hooking up a digicam, a PC. Pixels is a good start. If you have a 1028 pixel or higher, that appears to be good.

saki1611
09-30-2009, 07:54
all brands are claiming almost the same features. i would suggest you go to a good store, and let them compare in your own eyes the best pictures when place them side by side. pinoydvd.com is the best site for me for reviews and other info. Sight & Sound at Shang-Edsa, is a great store where i purchased my Toshiba LCD a big difference in price compare to other known appliances and department store. i bought my Toshiba 37in a year ago at only 45k, until now its price at Automatic Center is at 65k, the time i bought mine the price was 75k. in choosing size that should depend on your viewing distance, check this site:

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

hope this would help.

mtho
09-30-2009, 11:18
i recently purchased 3 lg lh20 32inch lcd for around 24t each. so far so good for my pupose which is mostly tv and dvd use. i also purchased a pioneed dvd player with hdmi out to hookup on the hdmi input on the lcd. the pioneer player also has a 1080 upscaling mode that upgrade my old dvd collection. i just cant justify spending a lot more on features i wont be able to use here.

jimbullet
09-30-2009, 15:05
Just be aware that when comparing LCD TV in stores, these TV's are adjusted to the type of lighting in store, which may not be similar to the lighting at home. So in store, some may actually look sharper, brighter but when you get home, it just doesnt look the same so just dont be too disappointed. In the end, you can fine tune things. Again HDTV is dependent on the broadcast if you have HD signal or have your theatre system in high definition, then you get most out of the TV.

MERCMADE
09-30-2009, 17:41
thank thank you to all, i will check out pinoy dvd, iwill check out sight and sound, i will look at the lg's, i will do the comparos at stores.
thank you sirs

kristiansen
09-30-2009, 20:05
thank thank you to all, i will check out pinoy dvd, iwill check out sight and sound, i will look at the lg's, i will do the comparos at stores.
thank you sirs

hi,Re sight & sound/shangrila,look for Mr. Hansen Dy.he's my first cousin,manager ata sya dun .hehehe.

-eric

saki1611
09-30-2009, 21:28
Just be aware that when comparing LCD TV in stores, these TV's are adjusted to the type of lighting in store, which may not be similar to the lighting at home. So in store, some may actually look sharper, brighter but when you get home, it just doesnt look the same so just dont be too disappointed. In the end, you can fine tune things. Again HDTV is dependent on the broadcast if you have HD signal or have your theatre system in high definition, then you get most out of the TV.

at Sight and Sound, they will have one source of video disc and player and set all the the TV's settings at default or you can request at the same value of color settings. fairly you will see the different picture quality. one thing also, HDTV plasma or LCD, should be calibrated after 60 days and will give more satisfying color quality. this is usually a free service from the store, which like the Sight & Sound did.

Wp.22
09-30-2009, 21:49
at Sight and Sound, they will have one source of video disc and player and set all the the TV's settings at default or you can request at the same value of color settings. fairly you will see the different picture quality. one thing also, HDTV plasma or LCD, should be calibrated after 60 days and will give more satisfying color quality. this is usually a free service from the store, which like the Sight & Sound did.

I have not availed pa the free calibration of sights and sounds better text vic for schedule.

MERCMADE
10-02-2009, 10:20
saki kristiansen wp 22, jimbullet,et al,
thnks for the advise,
i went to sights and sounds and bought a toshiba lcd tv , titingin lang sana ako, kya lang the prices were cheaper by mga 6k, the toshiba was 30k ata at sm, nakuha ko ng 24k++
yung panasonic na lcd 32 inch 21k lang grabe.
nagulat ako pag dating ko dun, it was were I bought my first home theater amp(denon) nakalimutan ko na siya he he.they used to have a branch in park square naalala ko na, i went there for service once
ty ulit sa inyo:embarassed:

atmarcella
10-03-2009, 04:54
cignal tv has many hd channels, naka cignal kami ngayon pero di pako nag avail ng hd service nila cos hindi pa hd ready tv namin.

me nagsabi sakin ang maganda daw bilhin lcd compared to plasma kasi ang plasma dapat madilim talaga ang room or else ngets.

jimbullet
10-03-2009, 05:02
saki kristiansen wp 22, jimbullet,et al,
thnks for the advise,
i went to sights and sounds and bought a toshiba lcd tv , titingin lang sana ako, kya lang the prices were cheaper by mga 6k, the toshiba was 30k ata at sm, nakuha ko ng 24k++
yung panasonic na lcd 32 inch 21k lang grabe.
nagulat ako pag dating ko dun, it was were I bought my first home theater amp(denon) nakalimutan ko na siya he he.they used to have a branch in park square naalala ko na, i went there for service once
ty ulit sa inyo:embarassed:

Good on you! Time to get HD content for you to appreciate true HD quality

saki1611
10-07-2009, 12:00
Good on you! Time to get HD content for you to appreciate true HD quality

... or have this! it's a great set-up for home theaters.:wow:

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=productinfo&item_id=12

Wp.22
10-07-2009, 18:13

http://www.popcornhour.com/onlinestore/index.php?pluginoption=productinfo&item_id=12

saki, meron ka na nito im using a egreat kasi as my player and 1TB of movies in mkv's.

saki1611
10-07-2009, 18:39

saki, meron ka na nito im using a egreat kasi as my player and 1TB of movies in mkv's.

Yep. I have also 1TB external hard drive loaded with HD movies and 320GB internal for my downloaded tv series. I'm still looking for funds to to intall a bluray rom, it's capable and has space inside the consul for that purpose. So it would be the exclusive source of multi-media in my HT.

Wp.22
10-07-2009, 18:59
Yep. I have also 1TB external hard drive loaded with HD movies and 320GB internal for my downloaded tv series. I'm still looking for funds to to intall a bluray rom, it's capable and has space inside the consul for that purpose. So it would be the exclusive source of multi-media in my HT.

Maybe we could swap external hard drive minsa. Where did you get your HD movies mine was included already when i bought my egreat and 1 tb at ehome in greenhills. PM me naman i need to reload na eh. This weekend will try to attached a projector to my egreat.

Hopefully sa december or january marami mag unload ng speakers sa pdvd need to have decent one hiram na Bose lang yung sa akin bitin eh.

saki1611
10-07-2009, 19:49
Maybe we could swap external hard drive minsa. Where did you get your HD movies mine was included already when i bought my egreat and 1 tb at ehome in greenhills. PM me naman i need to reload na eh. This weekend will try to attached a projector to my egreat.

Hopefully sa december or january marami mag unload ng speakers sa pdvd need to have decent one hiram na Bose lang yung sa akin bitin eh.

i think same store where you bought yours, though the Popcorn wasn't bought there. sure, but i think we have almost the same titles since it came from the same store. my set-up is 6yrs old already, i don't go with Bose speakers, bitin talaga. though my set-up has only Definitive Technology satellite speakers i'm contented with it since i have only small space, though it's open, wala pang house na may pang dedicated HT room eh:crying:, kayang punuin ng sound. DefTech satellite speakers are much cheaper than Bose, and greater sound.

Black_SIR
10-07-2009, 20:04
basat watever brand u buy, get teh biggest u can afford nabibitinan ako sa 32" ko heheheh

Wp.22
10-07-2009, 20:05
medyo malaki kasi yung area where my set up is located kaya feel mo na bitin. Try ko this weekend kabitan ng projecotr yung egreat ko hehehehe

mtho
10-07-2009, 20:12
ano diff ng popcorn hour dito? http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572

Wp.22
10-07-2009, 20:23
ano diff ng popcorn hour dito? http://www.westerndigital.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572

popcorn hour has internal space for HD while the wdtv dont have you need to use USB to connect the external HD to wdtv. Aside from the internal provision of ng HD may additional pa na USB connection for anther external HD. Mark check also the egreat EG-M34A. I think all of them have HDMI connection and can detect DTS etc. check ehome at annapolis grrehills sa groundfloor lang sila tapat ng Fountain school look for princess

saki1611
10-07-2009, 20:36
basat watever brand u buy, get teh biggest u can afford nabibitinan ako sa 32" ko heheheh

sir, as far as i know depende pa rin ang size ng TV sa viewing distance mo. masakit sa mata pag masyado malaki ang tv with a minimal viewing distance, plus you would see the pixelation as if the image is not smooth.

mtho
10-07-2009, 20:37
Thanks pot

saki1611
10-07-2009, 20:43

malaki difference pards. especially about upgrading of hardware and software. the WD, i dont know about Egreat, is not capable of upgrading it's firmware and hardware. Popcorn has on line upgrading of firmware and software to be able to adopt on future technologies.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=75

Wp.22
10-07-2009, 21:12
egreat has firmware upgrade also.

mtho
10-07-2009, 21:14
meron din ata yung wd

Wp.22
10-07-2009, 21:26
Globe just recently launched the Popcorn Hour media box. The Popcorn Hour media box allows you to view internet videos on your widescreen TV. You can also plug in a USB drive so that you can view videos from the USB drive on your TV.

The special thing that Globe has on it is that you can also access the following services via your TV:
1. Tracker - track your family/friends location via their mobile phone
2. Click the City restaurant directory
3. Click the City Movie schedules
4. Click the City TV schedules

Available only at the Megamall and Glorietta business centers, and bundled with a Globe broadband plan. With the 1Mbps bundle plan, you can get the Popcorn Hour via installment at only P8,400. That's P5,000 cheaper than if you get it retail.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1583/popcornflyer1.jpg

mtho
10-08-2009, 09:47
Pot,
si saki loyal yan, di nyan pagpapalit yang globe ke mannix.

saki1611
10-08-2009, 12:03
Pot,

mark, PLDT na ako ngayon at wala akong Smart Nmbr...:supergrin: pre, better to get the Egreat than the WD. nakita mo yun back panel ng WD, dalawa lang ang option out, HDMI and composite. though hdmi is the best option for both audio and video, pag di pa hdmi ready ang AVR mo di lalabas ang encoded sound nya like DTS or Dolby Digital since analog lang ang option mo to connect to an old model AVR. and i talked to Richie of Ehome by the end of the month baba ang price ng entry level ng Egreat nila from 8.5k to 6k.

Wp.22
10-08-2009, 18:07
mark, PLDT na ako ngayon at wala akong Smart Nmbr...:supergrin: pre, better to get the Egreat than the WD. nakita mo yun back panel ng WD, dalawa lang ang option out, HDMI and composite. though hdmi is the best option for both audio and video, pag di pa hdmi ready ang AVR mo di lalabas ang encoded sound nya like DTS or Dolby Digital since analog lang ang option mo to connect to an old model AVR. and i talked to Richie of Ehome by the end of the month baba ang price ng entry level ng Egreat nila from 8.5k to 6k.

close ba kayo ni richie? tagal na ako humihingi ng list sa kanya ng HD movies hangang ngayon wala pa.

Wp.22
10-08-2009, 18:08
Pot,

baka ma heart broken si mannix pag nagpalit si saki di bale nandyan naman si bikethief eh gusto pala ni mannix malalaking mama:rofl:

saki1611
10-08-2009, 21:25

close ba kayo ni richie? tagal na ako humihingi ng list sa kanya ng HD movies hangang ngayon wala pa.

Di naman, just chatted with him last night when i picked up my hdd. Wala pa bagong list, yun pa rin july ang list nila. Ganda ng WD External Hard Drive Studio, ganda set up sa HT components. Kailangan ko na lang Bluray ROM...

Wp.22
10-08-2009, 23:12
Di naman, just chatted with him last night when i picked up my hdd. Wala pa bagong list, yun pa rin july ang list nila. Ganda ng WD External Hard Drive Studio, ganda set up sa HT components. Kailangan ko na lang Bluray ROM...

how much ba ang singil ngayon per titles ba or free pa rin. My understanding is if you buy you HDD sa kanila may laman na tapos pag nag pa reload you need to erase 25% nung laman ng HD para lagyan ulit nila ng free.

atmarcella
10-09-2009, 01:03
wow dami ko hindi naintindihan, sumakit ulo ko hehehehe.

saki1611
10-09-2009, 02:37
how much ba ang singil ngayon per titles ba or free pa rin. My understanding is if you buy you HDD sa kanila may laman na tapos pag nag pa reload you need to erase 25% nung laman ng HD para lagyan ulit nila ng free.

di ako sure eh. baka iba ang after market promo nila sa'yo kesa akin kasi hd lang kinuha ko eh, sa'yo set... pero parang 100 ata per movie.

wow dami ko hindi naintindihan, sumakit ulo ko hehehehe.

pards, ano di mo maintindihan i'm happy to explain the best way i can...:wavey:

atmarcella
10-09-2009, 03:32
thanks saki, antayin ko nalang masira tv ko ngayon (sana matagal pa) and subscribe sa hd channels ng cignal, dinagdagan nila recently, marami na.