video of hunter and charging rhino [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : video of hunter and charging rhino

GlocksterPaulie
10-02-2009, 18:25
Does anyone remember that crazy guy who hunts charging rhino's? I am trying to find the video of the guy who shoots the rhino from several feet away.

Paulie

Javelin
10-02-2009, 18:28
No but I would like to see it!

:wavey:

Nalapombu
10-08-2009, 08:27
If it's who I am thinking about he has videos that you can buy at Bass Pro. He also does the same thing with Elephant, Cape Buffalo and Hippo. Serious STONES on that guy for sure.

Nala

GlocksterPaulie
10-09-2009, 21:43
I remember the guys name, it is Mark Sullivan. Someone sent me a video quite a while back on the Hippo close range shooting. Yes he has done this with other animals, I lost respect for the guy when I did a search on youtube and found a video of several of his hunts.

It is not based on the fact that I am a big cat kind of guy, if people choose to hunt the big cats that is their choice. I lost respect for the guy when I watched video of him shooting Lions on the ground just laying there and Leopards in a tree. Grow a set of real balls and shoot them charging you, I can teach a monkey how to shoot animals in a tree or on the ground.

Paulie

noway
10-10-2009, 09:57
I remember the guys name, it is Mark Sullivan. Someone sent me a video quite a while back on the Hippo close range shooting. Yes he has done this with other animals, I lost respect for the guy when I did a search on youtube and found a video of several of his hunts.

It is not based on the fact that I am a big cat kind of guy, if people choose to hunt the big cats that is their choice. I lost respect for the guy when I watched video of him shooting Lions on the ground just laying there and Leopards in a tree . Grow a set of real balls and shoot them charging you, I can teach a monkey how to shoot animals in a tree or on the ground.

Paulie

So would you loose respect of a hunter shooting a Bear from a tree? How abouta squirrel or a coon ?

:dunno:

If you read the old past and story books, back in the day, most big cats in the N and S Americas where chased by dogs and treed and shotdown. These cats took to the trees for safety and rest from the numbers of panting mouths of the dog and the hunters following.

Tennessee Slim
10-10-2009, 10:20
The man obviously has great confidence in his shooting skills. He's 'spining' the hippos; maybe others as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZCCbG8GIhg

EDIT:
Looks like he owns the web site:

http://www.marksullivanprofessionalhunter.com/

...and runs:

http://www.nitroexpresssafaris.com/

GlocksterPaulie
10-10-2009, 12:06
If you are going to post a bunch of videos and sell them and you started posting them with your style of hunting then stick with it. Sure, shooting charging animals of that size is impressive...but shooting any animal from 40-50 yards or so while it is ready to take a nap is BS.

Paulie

chevy01234
10-10-2009, 12:43
If you are going to post a bunch of videos and sell them and you started posting them with your style of hunting then stick with it. Sure, shooting charging animals of that size is impressive...but shooting any animal from 40-50 yards or so while it is ready to take a nap is BS.

Paulie

Do you hunt? Have you ever been to Africa hunting? Do you know what a Lion/Leopard hunt entails (or COSTS)? I have personally never been but all of my uncles have done extensive hunting in Africa. My great uncle holds multiple SCI records and all that jazz too. I do know their average "Cat" hunts were close to a month in duration. The leopards are shot over bait in trees to make sure there is no mis-identification of the sex of the cat. There are some steep fines for shooting a female leopard and since the outfitter pays it, they make sure the cat is a male before shooting. The lions are probably one of the most dangerous animals over there to hunt, if they choose to shoot them lying down, what does that matter to you? I personally think people who shoot bear over bait are taking the "lazy way out" but I don't go about spouting it off and trying to change those people's opinions/mindsets. When sportsmen get divided, it makes it that much easier for the Anti's to step in. Keep the negative comments to yourself, you don't have to agree with it but keep it tactful. I believe it is in fact based on you being the "big cat" kind of guy, which is understandable. I am a "bear" kind of guy and honestly understand where you are coming from. Just remember united we stand, and with hunting being attacked every single day by organizations like PETA, we need to stand strong and SUPPORT our fellow hunters. I reckon that's all I have to say about that.

GlocksterPaulie
10-10-2009, 13:16
I do hunt and have hunted all over the globe many years ago. We all have our opinions, right or wrong. I never said Mark Sullivan or any other hunter should not hunt certain animals or hunt them in a certain style or manner. It is their call.

I have had guides tell me I should not take certain chances and that is not what we teach. I am paying them and if it is my ass or life on the line and I choose to take the risk I will, and before anyone jumps in and says I am putting other peoples life at stake you were not there and don't know the circumstances.

I have always been and always will be the type of person where it is them or me, human or animal. If I am killed in the process then I am. We all choose what is best for us and how we will live our lives.

Paulie