G21 SF with Standard mag release still a rare find [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G21 SF with Standard mag release still a rare find

Will Miller
10-03-2009, 04:30
Here in N.E. PA, It is still a myth almost that the Glock 21 SF is made with a standard single sided mag release button. I am going on my second year of searching for one and after trying several dozen shops I am going to find one or bust. I can not believe that these things are that hard to find even if a delear has to order from the factory and wait. I think our gun shops in this state kinda suck at finding stuff. Any fellow PA people out here know or have seen any sitting in a shop...?

My desire is due to several failures of the G-21SF ambi mag release design during LE training. These were actuall personal expirences and since I know it happens and have had it happen to me my confidence in that ambi gizzmo is near nil.

drider
10-03-2009, 10:43
Sadly enough come to California, all you will find it, standard mag release 21SFs.

Dave T
10-03-2009, 15:25
Any chance Glock will swap you (for the $42 or what ever it is) the SF frame you have for one of the standard mag release & Glock rail frames? I have that version of G21SF and find it as reliable as my older 3rd Gen 21.

Dave

Will Miller
10-03-2009, 19:09
I have a 3rd generation G21 as my duty weapon right now, However after handling the New SF version it is a wee bit more comfortable in the hand and on the draw it feels good. I can handle the G21 just fine but with gloved in winter it is a little hard to get a good grip on the draw. I have tried several of the Ambis in the SF and have been able to duplicate the mag catch pop out during high speed tactical reloads on a qualification course, I am sure if you went slow and sure since you know it can happen it would be fine. However if I ever need my gun in the line of duty and under stress slam the mag home before the button hits center that mag wont lock in place. So I guess it is either keep trying to dig one up or stick with the standard G21. I do have the option of carrying a Glock 22 if I so Choose, But I like the .45 ACP for a duty gun just fine.

LSP972
10-04-2009, 07:27
Will, I just scored one NIB. Granted, I'm a long way from you... but they're out there.

Do you have an LE dealer close by? They should be able to get you one; especially if you call Glock first and play the LE card.

paperairplane
10-04-2009, 08:05
Gunshow in wv yesterday - saw 1 sf w/ std release and one full size 21.

Blaster
10-04-2009, 19:48
I got my 21SF with standard mag release here http://www.summitgunbroker.com/ because I could not find one locally. After picking it up I saw them in two different shops, one of which was Cabela's.

Dave T
10-05-2009, 09:03
Will,

Give Glockmeister a call. They would offer you the LE discount and they ship for free. That's where I got my Calif. G21SF.

Dave

Will Miller
10-05-2009, 14:09
Well today was a good day, I just scored one at a Cop shop down state, I am going to pick it up friday morning. Comes with 3 mags byt standard fixed sights. Being a Glock Armorer for my agency I can fix tghat easy enough. I cant wait to go get here, It has been a long two year search. I will get to put my Standard G21 into retirement.

BigNic
10-16-2009, 12:38
I just noticed that you found the 21sf setup the way you wanted, congratulations. I love mine. I got it at an Army Navy store in SW PA.

Will Miller
10-17-2009, 21:01
Thanks Bignic,

I got mine at Atlantic Tactical in New cumberland PA, was Formally Police Safety League. I got the Blue Label G21 SF with 3 mags out the Door for $509.00 with the LE discount. They do Civi Sales for a $50.00 up charge. SO far I couldnt be happier with the fit and feel it shoots nice and feels just right in my hand.

Firecop203
10-22-2009, 16:49
My local store had two of them when I went there a few days ago.

They only had one when I left.

:whistling:

Will Miller
10-24-2009, 11:38
I have learned for the most part that all PD's Upgrading to the G21SF are requesting the standard single sided mag release unless there is a specific need for a left handed officer. I was told by a glock factory rep thast they produce far more ambis than they do single sides as it it is more cost effective to run one version as opposed to two separate ones. I for one can see the need for the ambi if your a left handed shooter But I wished I would have had mine a couple of years ago rather than sticking to one I didnt want.

Firecop203
10-26-2009, 21:20
I'm pretty happy with mine. I'm left handed and use my left index finger to release the magazine. I tried using a left hand model and using my left thumb. Just doesn't feel right. I've been adapting to a right hand world for too long.

xaircav
10-31-2009, 20:36
Completely by dumb luck I found a '08 model single side mag release, Glock rail G21 SF in like new condition with three magazines for $450.00.

katana_user
11-12-2009, 06:20
Happily my GSO's suppliers came through and I got my 21SF with a std mag release and night sights in mid-October this year. The process sure made me believe it was a rare find.

Man I love my 21 sf!!!:snoopy:

Michael

Todesengel
07-14-2010, 21:04
Well today was a good day, I just scored one at a Cop shop down state, I am going to pick it up friday morning. Comes with 3 mags byt standard fixed sights. Being a Glock Armorer for my agency I can fix tghat easy enough. I cant wait to go get here, It has been a long two year search. I will get to put my Standard G21 into retirement.

Damn, 2 years is a long time. When I went to buy my G21SF I knew exactly what I wanted...left side mag release, glock rail and night sights. Went to the gun show early saturday morning, checked the 2 or 3 big dealers tables and found what I was looking for. I love Texas!

markusej
08-11-2010, 13:01
I found one at the Cabela's in Ft. Worth, they should still have a few left. This sale also applied to a $150 gift cert that I now have to spend!

DFin
08-15-2010, 17:06
I got one from Bud's gun shop a few months ago. It has Glock night sights and came with two 13 round mags too! However, I never saw one in a Gun store and most small gun shops did not even know Glock made them. When they looked them up they told me they could order the Calif. version with the 10 round mags.

GRR
08-17-2010, 22:55
Here in N.E. PA, It is still a myth almost that the Glock 21 SF is made with a standard single sided mag release button. I am going on my second year of searching for one and after trying several dozen shops I am going to find one or bust. I can not believe that these things are that hard to find even if a delear has to order from the factory and wait. I think our gun shops in this state kinda suck at finding stuff. Any fellow PA people out here know or have seen any sitting in a shop...?

My desire is due to several failures of the G-21SF ambi mag release design during LE training. These were actuall personal expirences and since I know it happens and have had it happen to me my confidence in that ambi gizzmo is near nil.

Can't you get your dealer to order what you want? Mine called his distributor while I was standing there. Standard mag release, Glock rail. Had it the next day.

Njanear
08-18-2010, 15:13
Can't you get your dealer to order what you want? Mine called his distributor while I was standing there. Standard mag release, Glock rail. Had it the next day.

The OP created this thread back in 10/09 - he is good now. :wavey: