Sony Alpha A200 photos [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sony Alpha A200 photos

Kilrain
10-03-2009, 20:03
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/kilrain/DSC006571.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/kilrain/DSC006781.jpg

New camera, new photos..................

Kilrain
10-10-2009, 16:50
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/kilrain/PortraitofTedtrimmed.jpg
Portrait of Ted

hwyhobo
10-10-2009, 18:29
On that S&W photo, I see you shot it as JPEG at 1/20 sec with auto white balance. First of all, that's a very good color. Did you correct it later, or is it the way it came out of camera?

Also, did you shoot it on a tripod, or do you just have a naturally steady grip to shoot it off hand at such a slow speed?

Palmguy
10-10-2009, 18:39
Looks good. What lens(es) are you using?

I'm very happy with my A300.

Kilrain
10-10-2009, 18:55
On that S&W photo, I see you shot it as JPEG at 1/20 sec with auto white balance. First of all, that's a very good color. Did you correct it later, or is it the way it came out of camera?

Also, did you shoot it on a tripod, or do you just have a naturally steady grip to shoot it off hand at such a slow speed?

It was shot free hand, no tripod, with an "el cheapo" 28-90mm macro zoom made by Quantaray. It was cropped and sharpened with PS3 but the color wasn't messed with, as I recall. I don't claim to be more steady than anyone else so I'll credit the relative lack of blur to the camera's built in sensor shift stabilization.

I think the lighting turned out the way it did because I was using my computer monitor to light it, which had a greenish background at that time.

Thanks for looking.

Kilrain
10-10-2009, 19:12
Looks good. What lens(es) are you using?

I'm very happy with my A300.

Well, I have the 18-70mm kit lens that came with it. Then I went on craigslist and found some more lenses on the cheap. So far I have the following:

Quantaray 28-90mm zoom - cheap, but probably my favorite general purpose lens so far. It is smooth, light and clear.

Quantary 70-210mm zoom - cheap, but well built(all metal). Apparently it is an older one as I've been told the newer ones are plastic. It works okay but the sliding zoom it kinda funky to me.

Minolta 28-100mm zoom - Nice lens but the photos seem soft to me. Probably something I'm doing. I got it cheap and it looks brand new.

Minolta 80-200mm zoom - Weird lens, at least to me, with a built in, split door type lens cap. It has not "manual focus ring" although you can focus it manually by grabbing the rotating focusing assembly. It has good color.

Minolta 75-300mm zoom - Nice lens but big and slow auto focus. In low light, forget it unless you keep it in the bottom end of the zoom.

Along with the lenses I got two Minolta Maxxum 70 cameras, some 35mm film and two camera bags although I really only wanted the lenses. My total investment is $200. Both 70s are like new but I really won't use them. Craigslist, here they come.

My master plan is to build a large base of lenses, use them all and then whittle out the ones I don't use or don't like. Also, I'm dying for the new A550 even thought I just got this A200. Camera envy I suppose.............