Best place for .223 and 9mm [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best place for .223 and 9mm

fiveOH302
10-05-2009, 19:46
Was looking at buying some bulk ammo for the range, and was wondering of the best places to look for .223 and 9mm. I was looking at the "canned heat" from Georgia Ammo, but wanted to get input from others. Thanks in advance.

durian00
10-05-2009, 19:53
Was looking at buying some bulk ammo for the range, and was wondering of the best places to look for .223 and 9mm. I was looking at the "canned heat" from Georgia Ammo, but wanted to get input from others. Thanks in advance.

- ammoman.com

- Aimsurplus (http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/223.html)

fiveOH302
10-06-2009, 03:43
Thanks for the leads durian00.

DScottHewitt
10-06-2009, 18:42
- ammoman.com

- Aimsurplus (http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/223.html)

Did the GTer who had issues with Eric the Ammoman ever get resolution to his problem?!?!?

Scott

For me locally, the best place in person is Dominion Outdoors in Fishersville. Tood is good people. And so are his people.....

http://www.dominionoutdoors.com/

fiveOH302
10-07-2009, 18:31
Looking at the bulk prices at AIMsurplus and Georgia Arms, but also saw on some of the ammo pricing websites that Brown Bear is cheaper. Seems that there is a lot of back in forth on whether or not it is good for any firearm and worth the savings. Not sure if I should just spend the extra on the the American made brass, or go with the Russian steel casings. Thoughts?

Olivers_AR
10-07-2009, 23:20
Part of the answer is do you reload? If so , then saving the brass or saving the brass for fellow GTers :cool: that reload would be great. If you don't reload, then how much do you train or is this match or SHTF ammo, if its just plinking or training ammo, go for the inexpensive alternative, if its for match, high priced training, self-defense or SHTF, then I might buy better. Shot Wolf, Brown Bear, Tiger, etc out of ARs and 9mm without any problems, might have to clean the weapons, but that's a different story.Looking at the bulk prices at AIMsurplus and Georgia Arms, but also saw on some of the ammo pricing websites that Brown Bear is cheaper. Seems that there is a lot of back in forth on whether or not it is good for any firearm and worth the savings. Not sure if I should just spend the extra on the the American made brass, or go with the Russian steel casings. Thoughts?

rwrjr
10-09-2009, 11:34
Looking at the bulk prices at AIMsurplus and Georgia Arms, but also saw on some of the ammo pricing websites that Brown Bear is cheaper. Seems that there is a lot of back in forth on whether or not it is good for any firearm and worth the savings. Not sure if I should just spend the extra on the the American made brass, or go with the Russian steel casings. Thoughts?

Have you tried your local Walmart, especially for 9mm? Mine has been getting more ammo in regularly. WWB, 9mm, 115gr FMJ, 100 round boxes for $20. I have some canned heat from GA but they don't come close to the WM price and they're reloads.

In the past I've ordered a lot from Natchez, AIM, ammoman.com, Outdoor Marksman, and a few others before the ammo shortage hit. Since then it's either hard to find or high priced online. Hopefully that will change soon. For now I just try to replace what I shoot and grab it a Walmart.