Zombie range day in Pahrump Oct. 25th,2009 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Zombie range day in Pahrump Oct. 25th,2009

Blunt object
10-05-2009, 21:43
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

The dead will walk the range at Lone Wolf Shooters range in Pahrump.

Halloween and Zombie themed events:
Three gun match
"Wild Bunch" Cowboy match
Urban precision rifle competition
Tactical Zombie eradication tuneup course

Spectators welcome!

All day activities will include:
Kids' .22 range
Firearms safety workshops
Disaster preparation clinics
Vendors - Food - Fun

As darkness falls we will stage a final live fire battle against the shambling hordes of the undead.
Heads will explode.
Things will catch fire.

Bring guns.
Bring friends with guns.

http://invictustraining.com/Zombie.htm

Steve19
10-07-2009, 00:28
Now could you describe what exactly the three matches will entail of and what you need to bring for them?

Blunt object
10-14-2009, 11:42
Now could you describe what exactly the three matches will entail of and what you need to bring for them?
Three gun will be handgun, carbine and shotgun on both paper and steel targets from close contact to 50 yards.
I can't give you exact course of fire as that varies from match to match. Expect multiple targets, shooting from unusual positions, hostage rescue shots, transitions from long gun to handgun, lots of head shots (zombies, you know)
Match director emailed me to suggest 100 Handgun, 100 Rifle, 50 birdshot and about 10 slugs.

Cowboy action folks haven't got back to me yet but I'd suspect a similar round count. Cowboy shoot is almost entirely on steel so for safety reasons, all ammo must have lead bullets only.
Firearms must be single action, fixed sight revolvers, lever carbines in pistol caliber, double barrel or hammer pump shotguns.
General info here:
http://www.sassnet.com/index.php

Precision match will be 20 rounds. Expect positional shooting, fleeting targets, and precise hostage rescue shots at Urban rifle distances inside 125 yards.
Any scoped rifle will work.