New member from Lakewood/Tacoma [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New member from Lakewood/Tacoma

Paddy
10-06-2009, 01:26
Hello everyone, my name is Patrick, 21 years old, and I live in the Lakewood/Tacoma area. I'll be purchasing a Glock 22 for CCW this week, and getting the paperwork in this week as well. While I'm waiting for my CCW to arrive in the mail, I'll be trying to put in time at The Marksman indoor pistol range in Puyallup on Canyon road. I do have my range use card from them.

Anyone want a shooting buddy? I'll go ahead and let you know that while I'm fairly new to pistols, I'm not new to firearms. I know the four basic firearms safety rules and practice them religiously. Perhaps you could give me a few pointers on how to get my grouping (with 15 rounds) smaller than a 4 inch circle at 25 feet.

Seeing as how I'm currently going to school and working part time, I don't know how often I'll be able to go, but it would be really nice to find a shooting buddy for the days I have the time/can afford to go to the range.

If you want some contact info or would like to get together, please PM me.

Also, if you like heavy metal, PLEASE pm me! :cool:

Thanks everyone, have a great morning/afternoon/evening and rock the Glock!

E5MC
10-17-2009, 11:47
Good idea to CCW in Lakewood. Wouldn't think of going unarmed in that cesspool. Now that you know the 4 firearms safety rules look up the Color code of awareness. You might also look up Insights Training Center.

J. Parker
10-23-2009, 09:34
Welcome to GlockTalk:wavey:

Paddy
10-24-2009, 03:06
From what I've read, it sounds like I'm in code yellow most of the time anyway. I have the type of mind that really likes to go off on tangents about everything around me simultaneously, while keeping track of the present situation. When I used to work graveyard at a 24 hour store in a crappy area of town I'd constantly listen for the door to open, and plan routes I could take to a secure location if the person walking in was a serious threat. Even at home I'm listening to cars drive by, how fast they're going, whether they're slowing down as they approach my house.

Very useful color code, indeed.

GuitarCrazyo
11-06-2009, 18:12
Im 22 from sacramento ca. i love car audio. cant wait to get my new setup. im still kinda new to the game so dont know everything but i have some knowledge.