Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

CPT_CRUNCH
10-06-2009, 15:32
just wondering if anyone has read this book, and any opinions on it.

as a d.b. fan, i purchased the book on its release date. but w/ all the masonic references in the very beginning, i decided to stop reading it until i am out of the dark (initiated EA two weeks ago).

anyone have opinions on this (and other d.b. books). i'm unsure if i'll feel differently regarding his literature once i'm into the light.:dunno:

Batesmotel
10-07-2009, 17:55
Not his best work but a fun read. As for the references to Masonic rituals I found it to be very inaccurate. He jumbled a lot of things together an took them out of context and even added some things on his own. It would not hurt to set it aside until you finish MM. A lot of the book deals with Scottish Rite not Blue Lodge and most of that is wrong or misrepresented. All in all I think he portrayed Masons in a good light but inaccurate in many aspects of our rituals. There are much worse fabrications about the fraternity on the internet than anything Dan Brown published.

Congrats on your EA and enjoy the rest of the journey.

rppnj
10-07-2009, 18:01
Angels & Demons is his best novel...then the DaVinci Code. The Lost Symbol is ok...interesting information about D.C. and our founding fathers but not his best work.

neil
10-07-2009, 20:48
Angels & Demons is his best novel...then the DaVinci Code. The Lost Symbol is ok...interesting information about D.C. and our founding fathers but not his best work.

I totally agree:thumbsup:

CPT_CRUNCH
10-07-2009, 23:20
batesmotel, thanks! i'm enjoying to the fullest.

also i liked angels and demons the best also, then deception point, da vinci code and digital fortress last.

thanks for the opinions, it wasnt too hard to put lost symbol down in my situation but i was patiently waiting its release.

mmsig229
10-11-2009, 09:46
I haven't read it yet, but a Brother who lives nextdoor liked it. PS, GO WINGS!!!

deputy tom
10-16-2009, 18:17
CPT_CRUNCH,don't clutter your mind with books/novels while you are in your learning stages in the Craft.It will only make your journey more difficult.tom.:cool:

CPT_CRUNCH
10-19-2009, 00:17
CPT_CRUNCH,don't clutter your mind with books/novels while you are in your learning stages in the Craft.It will only make your journey more difficult.tom.:cool:

tom, i agree totally. i've put all the other stuff down. and thanks for the advice. CRUNCH

DustyJacket
10-19-2009, 04:58
The ending was very "blah".

deputy tom
10-19-2009, 19:00
tom, i agree totally. i've put all the other stuff down. and thanks for the advice. CRUNCH

My pleasure.Good luck in your journey.tom.

FarmerJoe
11-05-2009, 15:47
Do Freemasons believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah? I sure do. I'm a JW.

Batesmotel
11-06-2009, 07:24
Do Freemasons believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah? I sure do. I'm a JW.

Most Freemasons are Christians but not all. To be a Mason you must believe in a supreme being but exactly what you believe and how you worship is up to you. Freemasonry is open to men of all faiths not just Christians. One of the teachings of Freemasonry is the tolerance and understanding of other beliefs.