Rifle ranges [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rifle ranges

SilverBullet_83
10-08-2009, 12:18
where does everyone shoot there AR's? specifically in the Orlando, Fl area. I did a search on arf.com and only found one and it is members only.

SilverBullet_83
10-08-2009, 13:56
thanks wasnt sure where to put this

Japle
10-08-2009, 14:30
If you live on the East side of Orlando, you might like the Titusville club. Depends on how far you're willing to drive.

http://www.titusvillegun.com/

They're about 4 1/2 miles west of I-95 on Hwy 46. Open to the public. Nice range, good folks, no range Nazis. Lots of different competition available.

SilverBullet_83
10-08-2009, 15:01
I am near Waterford Lakes

Japle
10-08-2009, 17:29
There's no good way to get from there to the range. A couple of conservation areas in the way.
50 to 95 to 46 doesn't look too bad. 434 to 426 to 46 might be OK. I don't know what 434 and 426 are like up there. Probably about 45 minutes.

It takes me 40 minutes from Viera and I go almost every Thursday and try to get to matches on the weekends.

Jon_R
10-09-2009, 07:48
There's no good way to get from there to the range. A couple of conservation areas in the way.
50 to 95 to 46 doesn't look too bad. 434 to 426 to 46 might be OK. I don't know what 434 and 426 are like up there. Probably about 45 minutes.

It takes me 40 minutes from Viera and I go almost every Thursday and try to get to matches on the weekends.

If you are in Viera Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club is about the same distance.

http://www.pmrpc.com

U-phorik407
10-09-2009, 08:42
Can you not shoot AR's at Shoot Straight in Apopka, or Riegs on OBT??, those too are not too far from the east Orlando area, isn't there an east orlando gun range or something out that way also? Forgive me I don't own a AR so I don't know if you can, or cannot shoot over that way but I know they both have rifle ranges.

SilverBullet_83
10-09-2009, 09:10
Can you not shoot AR's at Shoot Straight in Apopka, or Riegs on OBT??, those too are not too far from the east Orlando area, isn't there an east orlando gun range or something out that way also? Forgive me I don't own a AR so I don't know if you can, or cannot shoot over that way but I know they both have rifle ranges.

thats what I was thinking, but when searching they didnt come up on the list. still have some time before I buy the upper, so plenty of time to find somewhere to go.

Dillusion
10-09-2009, 10:35
Hi :wavey:

I live by UCF also, just graduated. I go to shoot straight in apopka for CQB stuff, but its only a 25yd range :( and its indoors.

Reigs on OBT does NOT have a rifle range anymore, only pistol, or .22 cal AR's.

The only places to shoot .223 or 5.56 rounds anywhere near Orlando is in Ocala at the National Forest range, in Titusville at their outdoor park range, or in Daytona at another place i found on an NRA list.

It sucks, but each good place is over an hour away by car :steamed:

Japle
10-09-2009, 12:11
If you are in Viera Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club is about the same distance.

It's a little closer, but much more expensive.

Jon_R
10-09-2009, 12:13
It's a little closer, but much more expensive.

More for the matches. You don't have to be a member to shoot the matches, IPSC, IDPA, 3-Gun, Clay, High Power, etc...

Mr. Blandings
10-09-2009, 20:49
www.wheretoshoot.org

NRA range locator. (http://www.nra.org/nralocal.aspx)

SilverBullet_83
10-10-2009, 09:30
Hi :wavey:

I live by UCF also, just graduated. I go to shoot straight in apopka for CQB stuff, but its only a 25yd range :( and its indoors.

Reigs on OBT does NOT have a rifle range anymore, only pistol, or .22 cal AR's.

The only places to shoot .223 or 5.56 rounds anywhere near Orlando is in Ocala at the National Forest range, in Titusville at their outdoor park range, or in Daytona at another place i found on an NRA list.

It sucks, but each good place is over an hour away by car :steamed:

its always fun to have range friends. :supergrin:

Dillusion
10-12-2009, 19:56
its always fun to have range friends. :supergrin:

Ya, carpool! :rofl:

SilverBullet_83
10-12-2009, 22:58
Im hoping to have my upper within the next month

njl
10-17-2009, 22:52
I am near Waterford Lakes

You live about half an hour from Central Florida Rifle and Pistol club (http://www.cfrpc.com). Join and you can shoot your AR out to 300 meters there.

Dillusion
10-18-2009, 18:14
My friend just told me about Teneroc in lakeland, FL- seems to be the closest now as its only 45 minutes away

njl
10-18-2009, 22:47
My friend just told me about Teneroc in lakeland, FL- seems to be the closest now as its only 45 minutes away

Ok range. Kind of pricey to use and the rifle range is very regimented and can be packed. A range master runs the line, decides when the range is hot, when it's cold, etc.

They do have a nice sporting clays setup.

Hackett
10-18-2009, 23:58

not at Reigs, but you can at the shop around the corner from reigs, I just can't remember what it's called and the guys there are you're stereotypical FKA gunshop workers! I think it's Oakridge Gun Shop.

FYI I used to live on Conroy just across I4 from Millenia Mall up until 2 months ago.

I used to go to Tenerac in Lakeland to shoot rifle as it's public for $15 a day.

njl
10-19-2009, 05:36

You can shoot ARs at Shoot Straight Apopka, but they only have 2 lanes that allow rifles, and AFAIK it's only 25yds.

Dillusion
10-19-2009, 10:15
You can shoot ARs at Shoot Straight Apopka, but they only have 2 lanes that allow rifles, and AFAIK it's only 25yds.

+1. 25yds makes my 3x9-40 sad :crying:

jchelle
11-07-2009, 19:00
Dillusion.....where is the range in Daytona that allows rifle? I live in Daytona and go to Hot Shots Shooting Range in Holly Hill(indoor) for handguns, but do not know where to go for rifles around here.

Thanks

Dillusion
11-08-2009, 18:57
Dillusion.....where is the range in Daytona that allows rifle? I live in Daytona and go to Hot Shots Shooting Range in Holly Hill(indoor) for handguns, but do not know where to go for rifles around here.

Thanks

I dont know exactly, i remembered seeing it and google mapping it from the NRA range locator.

SilverBullet_83
11-09-2009, 00:58
looks like I missed the month deadline, but it is on the way