Sorry you guys with sigma's that love them... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sorry you guys with sigma's that love them...

mesteve2
10-08-2009, 18:11
sigma I call them Stink-ma!

A student of mine started class with one.

Had to send it back to smith when it locked up on the range!

He had bought the gun new and shot two boxes of 50 throught it!

I told him in class it was a POS and to sell it and get a Glock 32 with 3 mags

new in the box for less than $430.00 with taxes.

He is now saving his money to get a Glock!

smith soaked him $167.00 to fix it and return it to him! :wow:

This is for a $279.00 POS gun.

Well smith you just did a great job on a poor Security Officer:crying:.

I hope you are proud!

He is going to be great unpaid advertisement for you freaks :rant:

Now you know why I call them Stink-ma's and do not recomend them to my students.

R.TOKER
10-08-2009, 19:14
I've never owned a Sigma. However, my M&P9 will shoot circles around my three Glocks. :tongueout: Seems to be a growing trend in law enforcement circles that the M&P is winning lots of folks over. I know I love mine.

Linux3
10-08-2009, 20:42
I hope you are proud!
Now you know why I call them Stink-ma's and do not recomend them to my students.
Kind of rude....
If the gun was new why did S&W charge him for a repair?
I lost a part to a mag for my M&P 9 and called Smith and they sent me a couple of free butt plate catches. Their service was great.
I think you have anger management issues and name calling does no one any good.
If you don't like S&W there are other places on this forum.

R.TOKER
10-12-2009, 22:40
Kind of rude....
I lost a part to a mag for my M&P 9 and called Smith and they sent me a couple of free butt plate catches. Their service was great.

:supergrin:

I've never heard anything close to what he describes from S&W's customer service. I've never had to use it but they always have positive reports from their customers. As I said above, those M&P pistols are fantastic!!

G-19
10-17-2009, 14:47
I cal B.S. on the original post. I can not see S&W not fixing the gun for free. There must be more to the story. I have owned 3 Glocks (17, 19, 23) and must say I prefer S&W M&Ps and 3rd Gens. Not saying Glocks are bad, I just prefer others.

anyplainjoe
10-17-2009, 21:28
isn't there a lifetime warranty on those. this emotionally charged story seems fishy.

uzimon
10-17-2009, 21:35
Kind of rude....
I think the op's right.
The sigma is just a junk early glock copy.
The hyundai of guns :)
Possibly approaching daewoo level rotflmao

slumpmaster
10-18-2009, 00:14
I wonder if there is any other handgun in history to inspire such strong feelings of (often poorly informed) hatred.

Oh, yeah, the Glock.

Shoot a VE model Sigma before you bash, and you may be surprised at how it performs.

Shamus99
10-19-2009, 17:02
I cal B.S. on the original post.
Ditto

chessail 77
10-19-2009, 20:44
The original poster is ignorant, wrong and most likely misinformed, odds are all of them. If he was actually giving a class then telling someone to buy any specific brand, then he is just plain wrong and over the top, and he is showing his ignorance. Too many factors are involved in choosing a weapon and any so called instructor who states or specifies only one brand does his students a total disservice and is someone to steer clear of . He should be attending a class on integrity and respecting others, and doing what is best for the students in his care. I own two Sigmas (9 mm, .40 S&W) and also a Glock 23 as well as a Sig. The Sigma is a dependable, excellent firearm, excellent value and totally reliable and after thousands of rounds I am qualified to speak against some so called instructor who says he saw one break, and rants against it as if Glocks never do, totally ignorant and false. Smith & Wesson has a lifetime warranty and their customer service is exceptional and that is widely known by gun folks across the spectrum, so odds are it was repaired at no cost. The biggest complaint about Sigma pistols is the trigger pull, but thousands of owners know it is dead on reliable, so enough juvenile trash talk and produce some facts to back this claim of charging the customer.

Shamus99
10-19-2009, 21:03
Funny - in another thread the OP states that he sold his Sigma - makes one wonder what the real gripe is here.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1132991&highlight=sigma

PlasticGuy
10-22-2009, 18:58
I hate the Sigma trigger pulls, but I've seen a few come through my classes and they have proved to be both durable and reliable. I've also never seen S&W charge a customer for fixing a gun that broke under normal use. The OP's story seems fishy to me.

Sbh87
10-24-2009, 14:35
The thing with the sigmas is that they are a value gun, nothing more nothing less. I know a few people who have one and they all say that it is not a bad gun but it is also nothing to write home about. It is reliable according to my friends who have one but none of them carry on a regular basis for protection. For them it is mostly a range gun.

I actually bought my M&P at Smith and Wesson and at the same time there was a guy next to me buying a Sigma and even though the Sigmas are not as bad as people say I still thought to myself why doesn't he just buy an M&P. The M&P was only about 200 more and worlds better, but to each his own I guess.

All I know is I am happy with the M&P and I don't want to sound like a snob but I have been into firearms and shooting sports long enough that I am above buying a value gun. Sorry if that statement rubs others the wrong way but it's just how i feel.

corbon1
12-08-2009, 23:40
This is so funny because, some of you will buy Kel-Tec .380's and carry them but then you turn around and bad mouth S&W Sigma's.
The barrel in the Sigma's are way better than Kel-Tec's barrels.
If it goes bang when you pull the trigger thats all you need, the rest is up to you. !

shadow_dog
12-09-2009, 17:23
I have a 40ve and m&p 40. Both are good imo. I have had the sigma for about 6 years now. Always been reliable. I broke the trigger while doing a strip down to do a trigger job on it. I called s&w and told them I broke it. They shipped it both ways and fixed it for free even though it was my fault. Can't beat that. I tend to think there is some bs in the original post.

Out West
12-15-2009, 21:59
What is the point in putting down another man's preference? It's weak stuff.

Out West

Yarddog(1)
01-02-2010, 17:36
For a inexspensive CCW it sure fits the bill & I LOVE MINE had it fore 7 years thousands of rounds throgh it NO PROBLEMS ;-) YMMV
Y/D

ab4ka
01-07-2010, 20:35
isn't there a lifetime warranty on those. this emotionally charged story seems fishy.

here's another vote for b.s. If he bought it new it should be under warranty.

demusn79
01-10-2010, 18:53

I hope you are proud!

Not even Sigma haters would believe this load.
S&W won't charge to repair a defective gun and also pays freight BOTH ways.
Even my used S&W's that had problems were repaired free of charge,they never even asked.

bac1023
01-11-2010, 09:47

I hope you are proud!

As with a great deal of your posts, I find this hard to believe. :upeyes:

GT40
01-16-2010, 21:43
My vote is for BS also...As far as the Sigma VE model is concerned, it is the best value for the money of any handgun made, and with the usual rebate, it becomes the best value of all times! I've never had a failure with ANY S&W centerfire auto, period.

walkin' trails
01-17-2010, 18:03
I gotta join in wondering why S&W charged him for the repair. Was it manufactured before they adopted the lifetime warranty, or did he do some home smithing to "improve" function? I've never been a big fan of the Sigma, but will concede that they've apparently improved in quality over the past few years. There was a time when they were not a good gun to have in the holster. When the Sigma was first introducted, Bill Clinton was president and S&W's management at the time was spending a lot of time trying to cozy up to the administration (locks, smart gun, etc.) rather than consentrate on a reliable and inovative product line. They also had some legal issues with Glock. One major police department in my area authorized/issued the Sigma in 40, and most of the cops still have a bad taste in their mouths over the ordeal. S&W came under new management and a lot has changed. I've got an M&P and hold it in high regard.

mikey357
01-20-2010, 02:47
Aww, c'mon guys...DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!...:supergrin:....mikey357