Deer call for does? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Deer call for does?

mr_bungle
10-10-2009, 08:49
I'll be hunting for a doe mule deer next week, and have a question about using a deer call.

I oftentimes see calls for bucks, but never see them for does. Is there a particular type of call that would be appropriate to bring the does in?

msoprano
10-10-2009, 09:22
A fawn bleat can bring out the maternal instincts of a doe.

noway
10-10-2009, 09:53
Calls can work and some are more effective than others. Does and fawn seems more attracted than others. Just like with turkey calling not to loud and not too much. I used a typical doe or fawn bleat calls to draw a deer that I "see" into my position.

Example, you see a pack of does entering a clearing and walking the other way, you can let out a bleat or two ( no more ) and see if they would get your attention and make way towards you.

Calls like these works fairly good in the earlier parts of the season & early parts of the AM when the wind is low, but becomes less effective in the later months and on any windy days.

msoprano
10-10-2009, 09:58
How are the hogs where you live, Noway?

noway
10-10-2009, 11:17
Haven't seen but maybe a handfull of hogs on the 3 times I've been out his season. We have alot of standing water, so I 'm guessing they can be anywhere at this time.

Right now, I have Blizter on my radar or Bambi ;)