Anybody else kinda wish..... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else kinda wish.....

DScottHewitt
10-11-2009, 16:18
That Virginia did SOMETHING a little better than a PAPER card that gets all messed up in your wallet?!?!? I wouldn't even mind a reasonable increase of the price of a CHL of about $5 to get a DL type laminated photo card.....

Scott

DannyR
10-11-2009, 17:07
Yes, a laminated card w/photo would be nice.

curtiswr
10-11-2009, 17:21
It costs less than a dollar to laminate it at a Kinko's.

isnerbs
10-12-2009, 08:57
It costs less than a dollar to laminate it at a Kinko's.

That's what I did. :wavey:

LoadedTech
10-12-2009, 09:05
I had mine copied and both laminated at office depot for like $2. This way I can keep one in my primary vehicle. It shouldnt cost any more then what we all ready pay to get a laminated version, IMO.

DScottHewitt
10-12-2009, 14:32
I had mine copied and both laminated at office depot for like $2. This way I can keep one in my primary vehicle. It shouldnt cost any more then what we all ready pay to get a laminated version, IMO.

I saw a Texas one in a thread and got jealous. Looks just like a DL and probably holds up just as good.

jimmrl
10-12-2009, 16:48
My Colorado permit looked like a DL and made just like one. Before that I had one in Wyoming. It was the best, just like my DL, except it had crossed revolvers as a watermark!

Now in Virginia and a simple piece of paper, luckly we have a laminator at work.

Jim

DScottHewitt
10-12-2009, 17:09
My Colorado permit looked like a DL and made just like one. Before that I had one in Wyoming. It was the best, just like my DL, except it had crossed revolvers as a watermark!

Now in Virginia and a simple piece of paper, luckly we have a laminator at work.

Jim

I was scared to laminate mine.....

Didn't wanna mess it up.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/DScottHewitt/DOH.jpg

Tweek's Turbos
10-12-2009, 17:21
If anybody is in or around Falls Church, I will laminate them for free.

22collector
10-13-2009, 20:22
They laminated mine when I picked it up at the Clerks Office. But its still getting worn. Oh well its still legal.

MavsX
10-14-2009, 06:52
yeah man...the paper one is so lame...it is also bigger than my credit cards, so it wouldn't fit in my wallet. I had to shave off like a quarter inch of one of the sides..and then i laminated it...it is still a POS..i would love something nicer and more official looking like a plastic card like the licenses....

Specks
10-14-2009, 06:53
I was scared to laminate mine.....

Didn't wanna mess it up.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/DScottHewitt/DOH.jpg

LOL, I had a co-worker that tried using the office laminater and it came out looking like an accordion. It was pretty funny.

BigNic
10-14-2009, 07:09
Here in Westmoreland Co. PA, our license to carry firearms looks very much like a driver's license (picture too). In fact, you take your completed application to the courthouse in person, have your picture taken, and in 5-10 minutes you are out the door with your new or renewed license in hand. There are even satelite LTCF centers around the county so you don't have to go to the courthouse. (We can mail an application in, and get a paper one in the mail if desired)

I have heard that in some states, it takes weeks not minutes to get your license approved... we are lucky to have a Sheriff that is pro-carry.

DScottHewitt
10-14-2009, 17:35
LOL, I had a co-worker that tried using the office laminater and it came out looking like an accordion. It was pretty funny.

THAT is what worried me. Tearing it up somehow laminating it. I have SHEETS of ones sided sticky paper here. I used to laminate the old CPR/FA cards. {They are on MUCH better paper now.} And I did RUIN some of them.....

DScottHewitt
10-14-2009, 17:37
Here in Westmoreland Co. PA, our license to carry firearms looks very much like a driver's license (picture too). In fact, you take your completed application to the courthouse in person, have your picture taken, and in 5-10 minutes you are out the door with your new or renewed license in hand. There are even satelite LTCF centers around the county so you don't have to go to the courthouse. (We can mail an application in, and get a paper one in the mail if desired)

I have heard that in some states, it takes weeks not minutes to get your license approved... we are lucky to have a Sheriff that is pro-carry.

Mine was WAY over the time limit that the State had to get it to me. And it is STUPID also that the DATE is the date I go in and APPLY. Yet, I got mine like FOUR months later.....

Wayne D
10-15-2009, 06:21
They laminated mine when I picked it up at the Clerks Office. But its still getting worn. Oh well its still legal.

Montgomery Co. Clerk's office laminated my last one for me. The previous two cards I had to laminate myself