Happy birthday navy 2009 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday navy 2009

gunsite
10-13-2009, 05:56
United States Navy Birthday

On Oct. 13, 1775, the U.S. Navy was born when the Continental Congress authorized the arming of two sailing
vessels with 80 men and 10 carriage guns in order to intercept British supply and munitions transports. The Declaration of Independence came nine months later, followed by the creation of the Department of the Navy in 1798. Today, our Navy is the most powerful in the world. We at The Patriot offer our thanks to all our sailors for a job well done and wish you a Happy 234th Birthday! God bless you and your families.

03 Jarhead
10-13-2009, 07:49
Happy Birthday Navy! :wavey: I must say that I'm impressed. The entire time I was on active duty, I probably only ran into a handful of Sailors that could tell me when the Navy birthday was. Our birthday is coming up next month. :supergrin:

chuckman
10-13-2009, 10:23
Happy Birthday Navy! :wavey: I must say that I'm impressed. The entire time I was on active duty, I probably only ran into a handful of Sailors that could tell me when the Navy birthday was. Our birthday is coming up next month. :supergrin:

We anchor clankers enjoy celebrating our birthday, but it is nothing, NOTHING, like the parties and balls I attended over the many years I was a corpsman with the Marines.

03 Jarhead
10-13-2009, 14:48
We anchor clankers enjoy celebrating our birthday, but it is nothing, NOTHING, like the parties and balls I attended over the many years I was a corpsman with the Marines.

:thumbsup::patriot::usmc: