Finally, taking my CWP course this weekend! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Finally, taking my CWP course this weekend!

Chucktown Mako
10-16-2009, 07:01
Taking my CWP course this weekend! Been waiting 3 months for this particular 20hr course. The 2 people I had taking it with me dropped out. There is no way I am waiting. Been very anxious for the past 2 weeks.
Just had to share!

BadAndy
10-17-2009, 17:01
Good luck!

My Dad and I took it on the worst possible day last November. It was FREEZING and we got stuck in a tin building with no insulation and a heater than ran out of fuel too soon. Well worth it though!

rns-glock37
10-17-2009, 18:34
good luck. now the hard part is coming-----the wait. it will take every bit of 90 days so don't get impatient. oh and remember the wally walk when it comes. keep us posted.

Glockrunner
10-19-2009, 05:41
Taking my CWP course this weekend! Been waiting 3 months for this particular 20hr course. The 2 people I had taking it with me dropped out. There is no way I am waiting. Been very anxious for the past 2 weeks.
Just had to share!

So, how did it go?

Chucktown Mako
10-20-2009, 10:52
Class went really well. There is usually a 3 month wait for this class. 2 of my buddies who were taking the course dropped out. There were three others who dropped out at the last minute or didn't show up, so I was the only one there!! Finished most of the course in 1 day. Passed the written test with 48/50 questions. Got 50/50 on the shooting! Pretty happy with my results.
This was my first firearms course and very impressed with what I learned.
It was supposed to be a 20hr course including the CWP cert. Since I was the only one and they said I was a quick learner, they only had to show me something once and I got it.
Was supposed to bring 800 rounds for the course. Precaution for the slow learners and inaccurate shooters. I only shot 200 rds + 50 for the CWP test.
They ran me through different scenarios, clearing buildings, corners, night time tactical drills. I would definitely recommend the course for anyone, not just for CWP cert.

Chucktown Mako
10-20-2009, 10:54
Oh, Glockrunner...
Want to say thank you for the recommendation. Jon was very thorough and patient with me throughout the course.

Glockrunner
10-21-2009, 21:07
Oh, Glockrunner...
Want to say thank you for the recommendation. Jon was very thorough and patient with me throughout the course.

Well, I knew he would be. After all these years, I learned a few things too.

I feel safer knowing we have another responsible CWP holder walking the streets here at home. Welcome!