IPSC Production Division 15round Limit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IPSC Production Division 15round Limit

JuDGe
10-18-2009, 21:36
Appendix D4
Production Division
(effective 01January 2010)

19.2 Base plates and/or any other devices which provide additional ammunition capacity (e.g. “+2” magazine extensions), are prohibited. Magazines accessible to a competitor during a COF must not contain more than 15 rounds at the Start Signal.

20.1 Aftermarket magazines which match the external dimensions of standard magazines offered by the OFM for the approved handgun are permitted. Aftermarket magazines are permitted, subject to 19.2 above.

paltiq
10-18-2009, 21:51
....paano ang gagawin? bilangan muna ng bala? tapos na ang maliligayang araw ng shadows at blackwater;-)....

bulm540
10-18-2009, 22:46
CApacity race is over.

choi_tan2000
10-18-2009, 22:54
....paano ang gagawin? bilangan muna ng bala? tapos na ang maliligayang araw ng shadows at blackwater;-)....

yes bro bilangan na yan, kelan kaya start nito? gagamitin naba ang rule na ito sa australasia?

jimbullet
10-19-2009, 01:23
What! sayang ang mga pistols na more than 15 rounds...

choi_tan2000
10-19-2009, 01:46
this may be a disadvantage to others but it sounds good for me. now we can see how ipsc shooters making strategies and this will be more challenging.

but this definitly will be a disadvantage to those guns (pricey guns) who offer the advantage of high mag capacity.

toxic
10-19-2009, 02:07
Appendix D4
Production Division
(effective 01January 2010)

19.2 Base plates and/or any other devices which provide additional ammunition capacity (e.g. +2 magazine extensions), are prohibited. Magazines accessible to a competitor during a COF must not contain more than 15 rounds at the Start Signal.

20.1 Aftermarket magazines which match the external dimensions of standard magazines offered by the OFM for the approved handgun are permitted. Aftermarket magazines are permitted, subject to 19.2 above.

Sir Jojo, kindly elaborate on 19.2 ..pano yung reload sir, yun bang first mag lang ang 15 rounds or pati yung succeding mags din kailangan 15 lang din.

on 20.1 sa pag kakaintindi ko is pwede gamitin 18 rounder mags pero kailangan 15 lang laman ( tama ba Sir?)

anyway it doesnt matter to me coz lagi naman ako kinakapos ng bala sa ka rereengage kahit ilan laman ng mags ko.:whistling:

bulm540
10-19-2009, 16:30
Sir Jojo, kindly elaborate on 19.2 ..pano yung reload sir, yun bang first mag lang ang 15 rounds or pati yung succeding mags din kailangan 15 lang din.

on 20.1 sa pag kakaintindi ko is pwede gamitin 18 rounder mags pero kailangan 15 lang laman ( tama ba Sir?)

anyway it doesnt matter to me coz lagi naman ako kinakapos ng bala sa ka rereengage kahit ilan laman ng mags ko.:whistling:

The key words are, magazine ACCESSIBLE to the shooter during the COF must not contain more than 15 rounds at the start signal. You can use your 33 rounder provided you only load up 15 rounds.

JuDGe
10-19-2009, 18:22
yup 15 rounds only for all the mags you will use

atmarcella
10-20-2009, 01:44
wow, competitive na steyr 9mm hehehehe.

jimbullet
10-20-2009, 01:53
I do suppose this now ends the capacity race..I suppose one can still have one in the chamber allowing a start of 15+1?

Taurus
10-20-2009, 02:11
I sold my G19 for a G17 when I tried out IPSC for the capacity advantage; although I had always considered the G19 to be better in overall size and weight as an "everyday" gun. Looks like I can now go back to my pers lab...

toxic
10-20-2009, 04:02
Sir Jo,

Thanks for the clarification , i thought that i should buy an after market 15 rounder mags or probably replace the mag base with a -3 round for my shadow ..thats a relief, Im still in at PD then.

Bulm540, thanks also, i hope RO's back home will intrepret the new rules as the way you guys did and the way i understand it..hey saw your you tube video..nice shooting, good form , great timing.

Thanks again.

batangueno
10-20-2009, 09:42
Buti sa Production Division lang, yung first draft kasi pati Standard and Open Divisions dinadamay sa 15rd limit.

isuzu
10-20-2009, 19:54
this may be a disadvantage to others but it sounds good for me. now we can see how ipsc shooters making strategies and this will be more challenging.

but this definitly will be a disadvantage to those guns (pricey guns) who offer the advantage of high mag capacity.

When I started shooting IPSC in the 1980's, the biggest mag capacity for a .45 ACP was 8 rounds, and they were quite scarce when the 8 rounders came out. We had to make sure that every shot hit their targets, and a lot of targets were placed farther than the current format.

I believe what IPSC is trying to do is to focus more on Accuracy and Speed, to make the Production Division much more realistic.

My brothers pointed to me a USPSA production shooter during the club shoot who was using a SIG P226 when I visited them in Tennessee in July. They told me that the guy was very fast considering the ten round limit in USPSA Production rules as well as wearing the holster behind the seam of your pants. Too bad, he was in another squad and I didn't have a chance to see him shoot his SIG.

This ruling would give the USPSA shooters a good chance in competing with their IPSC counterparts.

One thing I would like to see in IPSC is moving the position of the holster behind the seam of your pants and using carry holsters.

jimbullet
10-21-2009, 03:56
When I started shooting IPSC in the 1980's, the biggest mag capacity for a .45 ACP was 8 rounds, and they were quite scarce when the 8 rounders came out. We had to make sure that every shot hit their targets, and a lot of targets were placed farther than the current format.

I believe what IPSC is trying to do is to focus more on Accuracy and Speed, to make the Production Division much more realistic.

My brothers pointed to me a USPSA production shooter during the club shoot who was using a SIG P226 when I visited them in Tennessee in July. They told me that the guy was very fast considering the ten round limit in USPSA Production rules as well as wearing the holster behind the seam of your pants. Too bad, he was in another squad and I didn't have a chance to see him shoot his SIG.

This ruling would give the USPSA shooters a good chance in competing with their IPSC counterparts.

One thing I would like to see in IPSC is moving the position of the holster behind the seam of your pants and using carry holsters.

I suppose this is where IDPA comes in

Allegra
10-21-2009, 08:58
I dont see kung ano magiging kaibahan
The same guys and gals would win

toxic
10-21-2009, 09:38
I dont see kung ano magiging kaibahan
The same guys and gals would win

Absolutely tru Master A..pero tsak ang talo yung mga RO's coz they have to count rounds everytime a PD shooter is on deck:embarassed:

batangueno
10-21-2009, 12:23
Pero wala nang magdadahilan ngayon na kaya nanalo yung champion ang dami kasing laman ng magazine. heheh :supergrin:

isuzu
10-21-2009, 20:36
I suppose this is where IDPA comes in

IDPA is quite different from IPSC. IPSC does not use cover compared to IDPA. There are COFs in IPSC where the shooting box is in front of the door when you open it. You always have to shoot behind cover in IDPA. IDPA also is particular with "slicing the pie." Tactical reloads are a must (unless you have an empty mag where you are allowed to drop it).

There are also different divisions in IDPA which are not applicable to IPSC.

bulm540
10-21-2009, 21:24
IDPA- I don't practice anymore - sorry couldn't resist.

bulm540
10-21-2009, 21:25

USPSA shooters just top off their mags when they compete in IPSC matches. USPSA production has a 10 round limit BTW.

jlkwison
10-22-2009, 23:47
hmmm the Stery m9 comes to mind ;) ...btw, is there an after market sight for the steyr ? Its sight pic might be a disadvantage during long shots...please correct me if I'm wrong. sorry for the ot.

atmarcella
10-23-2009, 01:24
i dont think so, isa sa mga gusto ko sa kanya yung sights nya, hindi kpa na try pero feeling ko best of both worlds sya. meaning mabilis sa close range and accurate sa long range. sa long range kasi focus ka lang sa tip ng triangle. but having said that, hindi ko pa sya na try sa range so hindi pako sure talaga.

meron sya 2 tone version.... sana meron si deenoh nun hehehehe.

Allegra
10-23-2009, 02:35
yUNG GP6 na sti maganda at mura
Yun ang tinitingnan ko ngayon instead of the sp01, I've shot both pretty much
Meron lang ako naririnig na quality control issues , can anyone confirm?

ogiebb
10-31-2009, 19:22
yUNG GP6 na sti maganda at mura
Yun ang tinitingnan ko ngayon instead of the sp01, I've shot both pretty much
Meron lang ako naririnig na quality control issues , can anyone confirm?

yep... i spoke to Chris from STI may batch na may extractor issues..if you can wait a couple of more months they are coming up with a 5" version ng STI GP-6c and a better extractor..if you like the longer slide

Allegra
11-01-2009, 08:52
yep... i spoke to Chris from STI may batch na may extractor issues..if you can wait a couple of more months they are coming up with a 5" version ng STI GP-6c and a better extractor..if you like the longer slide

Kaso parang it was a hammer breajing of na narinig ko
But I'll wait :)

ogiebb
11-01-2009, 09:09
Hmm ive never heard of their hammer breaking.Was it the sti hammeR or the grand power hammer?

Allegra
11-01-2009, 09:20
I dont know , narinig ko lang sa mga shooters
2nd hand info lang
One of their sponsored shooter's barkada ko , wala naman problema sa baril nya

dnotrex
11-02-2009, 02:46
IDPA- I don't practice anymore - sorry couldn't resist.

:supergrin: hehehe

jlkwison
11-02-2009, 04:48
i dont think so, isa sa mga gusto ko sa kanya yung sights nya, hindi kpa na try pero feeling ko best of both worlds sya. meaning mabilis sa close range and accurate sa long range. sa long range kasi focus ka lang sa tip ng triangle. but having said that, hindi ko pa sya na try sa range so hindi pako sure talaga.

meron sya 2 tone version.... sana meron si deenoh nun hehehehe.

Thanks Atmarcella :)