South Dakota Pheasant Hunting Anyone? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota Pheasant Hunting Anyone?

6F0 Nick
10-19-2009, 13:12
Pheasant season is finally here (well has been for a few days). And being relatively new to the Black Hills, I am looking for someone to go bird hunting with.

Does anyone know good public spots to try or be willing to drag out a dude with a new shotgun and an itch to knock down some ring-necks?

duncan
10-20-2009, 00:58
Wish I could help you but I'm a pheasant newbie myself.

But did get the invite to go pheasant hunting with experienced hunters so I'll be donning the ornage soon.

Hope we have some S. Dakota folks for you.

Welcome anyway.

minnshooter
10-20-2009, 06:24
I live in SW Minnesota but travel much of SD, so I have a little insight. Obviously you are going to have to come east, closer to the river. The best areas have usually been in the Platte/Winner/Gregory area but that area gets hit HARD! I would try the Aberdeen area and into the north central area of SD. There is lots of public hunting ground and good bird numbers.

6F0 Nick
10-20-2009, 11:33
I live in SW Minnesota but travel much of SD, so I have a little insight. Obviously you are going to have to come east, closer to the river. The best areas have usually been in the Platte/Winner/Gregory area but that area gets hit HARD! I would try the Aberdeen area and into the north central area of SD. There is lots of public hunting ground and good bird numbers.
Thanks!