Use of the "Original Clipdraw" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Use of the "Original Clipdraw"

gsqrd1
10-19-2009, 19:24
I just received my "Clipdraw" for my Glock 30SF and was dismayed to see the following stamped into the metal of the Clipdraw "WARNING: NOT FOR USE WITH GUN IN THE READY TO FIRE CONDITION." This admonition goes a step or two further than the warning in the Glock owners Manual which says "Do not cary the pistol in the ready to fire condition. This is not the recommended safe-carrying method for civilian use. To minimize risk of unintentional discharge, load live ammunition into the pistol only when you are ready to shoot." The Glock warning is a generic CYA statement; however, the Clipdraw imprint specificall states the Clipdraw is not for use with a gun in the ready to fire condition. Anyone have any experience with the Clipdraw? Is there something that negates the Glock safe action trigger when you install the cover plate that comes withe the Clipdraw?:dunno:

DannyR
10-19-2009, 19:30
Yes, the absence of a holster to cover and protect the trigger. Carrying with a clipdraw and a round chambered is the most dangerous way to carry a Glock that I know of.

E-Money
10-19-2009, 19:31
With the Clipdraw, there is NOTHING covering the trigger/trigger guard protecting it from accidentally being pulled/pushed/activated. Anything that gets into the trigger guard could easily activate the trigger and make you have a tremendously bad day.

The only way to carry a Glock safely is with something that covers the entire trigger guard therefore eliminating the potential for something to "sneak in" and make it go bang.

For giggles, make sure the gun is unloaded and no ammo is in the room, then rack the slide and "holster it". See how easy/difficult it could be for something to catch the trigger. In jeans - you might not have too much of an issue due to the thicker material, but depending on where you carry it could fall on top of a pocket, which is very thin material.

E-Money
10-19-2009, 19:33
Yes, the absence of a holster to cover and protect the trigger. Carrying with a clipdraw and a round chambered is the most dangerous way to carry a Glock that I know of.

Actually, I think carrying a chambered Glock with nothing at all but the support of a waistband is the most dangerous. Plaxico comes to mind. At least the clipdraw would try to keep it from falling down your sweatpants!!

English
10-20-2009, 05:45
There are lots of threads on this with lots of hands thrown up in horror but looked at rationally the situation is far from terrifying.

The warning is to give legal cover to ClipDraw but how many accidental discharges do we hear about relative to the hudreds of thousand they have sold? The use of the back plate makes no difference to the action of the trigger and you can, if you wish, get a version which sticks to the frame or slide.

Something soft and flexible just poking into the trigger guard will not fire the pistol unless something on the far side traps it to form a restrained loop. This happens far too often with proper holsters because the very thing that is supposed to protect the trigger while it is in the holster provides the means of pulling the trigger as you holster. This is actually a lesser risk with a ClipDraw than with a conventional holster. In both cases it is important to look down as you re-holster to make sure that nothing in intruding into the trigger guard. I think there is actually a slight safety advantage to the ClipDraw in this respect.

When it is in place, your belt protects the trigger remarkably well and unless you have very strange protuberances on your body there is nothing on the other side to pull the trigger either. It is easy to convince yourself of this - just cock the pistol without a round in the chamber, clip it on your belt and see how you can get it to "fire" from pressure against something on the outside.

The ClipDraw sounds dangerous until you examine how it can go wrong. It has the advantage of being a thinner package at your waist and of being discardable as a unit if you have to leave your pistol somewhere. It has the disadvantage of not holding the pistol in as fixed a position as a holster and is therefore slower to draw. it is easy to move it from 4O'clock to 2 O'clock to 10 O'clock as your situation changes - driving a car, sitting in a restaurant, wearing a jacket or wearing an untucked shirt.

English

ron59
10-20-2009, 06:06
People who use the ClipDraw and want to carry one in the chamber usually use the "Safety Block", or whatever it's called. It's hardened plastic/rubber that fits in the trigger guard, preventing trigger from accidentally being activated. Yet, once you pull the gun, you can easily push the Safety Block out with your forefinger, making the gun ready to go.

The owner of my indoor gun range does this, as do several of the workers. I've toyed with the system (unloaded guns)... it seems reliable. Personally.... I use the Crossbreed Supertuck.

smokey45
10-20-2009, 06:07
There are lots of threads on this with lots of hands thrown up in horror but looked at rationally the situation is far from terrifying.

The warning is to give legal cover to ClipDraw but how many accidental discharges do we hear about relative to the hudreds of thousand they have sold? The use of the back plate makes no difference to the action of the trigger and you can, if you wish, get a version which sticks to the frame or slide.

Something soft and flexible just poking into the trigger guard will not fire the pistol unless something on the far side traps it to form a restrained loop. This happens far too often with proper holsters because the very thing that is supposed to protect the trigger while it is in the holster provides the means of pulling the trigger as you holster. This is actually a lesser risk with a ClipDraw than with a conventional holster. In both cases it is important to look down as you re-holster to make sure that nothing in intruding into the trigger guard. I think there is actually a slight safety advantage to the ClipDraw in this respect.

When it is in place, your belt protects the trigger remarkably well and unless you have very strange protuberances on your body there is nothing on the other side to pull the trigger either. It is easy to convince yourself of this - just cock the pistol without a round in the chamber, clip it on your belt and see how you can get it to "fire" from pressure against something on the outside.

The ClipDraw sounds dangerous until you examine how it can go wrong. It has the advantage of being a thinner package at your waist and of being discardable as a unit if you have to leave your pistol somewhere. It has the disadvantage of not holding the pistol in as fixed a position as a holster and is therefore slower to draw. it is easy to move it from 4O'clock to 2 O'clock to 10 O'clock as your situation changes - driving a car, sitting in a restaurant, wearing a jacket or wearing an untucked shirt.

English

MY GOD! What's this! Why it's rational thinking!!! :agree:

Yeah, I've got a "ClipDraw", use it too. Works great with my mdl 36. Nothing in my pants that will fit in the trigger guard to pull the trigger.
I don't carry an unloaded gun.
The CYA disclaimer is pretty much mandatory these days. It's totally impossible to "Idiot Proof" everything. :yawn:

s45

bennwj
10-20-2009, 06:11
Oh Lord......here we go again.:faint:

Menehune
10-20-2009, 06:30
I looked at one, but the thought of an uncovered trigger just isn't a good one to me. The thought would be on my mind that something could snag the trigger from the outside, through my pants. Or reach in to get a wallet and snag it somehow.

I figure why, when there are so many other options out there that do the same job, better? Even a cheap Uncle Mikes sleeve holster holds the gun on place better than the clip draw did. It rocked around too easily and even worked it's way around on the belt.

I know people say "Oh, it's a comfort thing." I don't even feel my good holsters, such as the Crossbreed supertuck. At first, it looks like a large piece of leather, but damn if it doesn't just mold right to me and spread the weight of the gun across a wider area. Not to mention, a good holster keeps the gun from poking you and whatnot, by seperating the gun from your body, with leather, kydex, etc...

Just not my cup of tea I guess.

deadday
10-20-2009, 08:27

English

:wow: You mean there is actually someone else on GlockTalk that understands how the ClipDraw system works? I carry my PF9 regularly, with a round in the chamber, with the ClipDraw system....sometimes IWB, sometimes OWB, sometimes in my boot...

PBRLite
10-20-2009, 09:20
I have one on my G-27 and G-36. I carry them with one in the pipe.

But I decided to install 8 lb connectors on both guns as well. I also rounded the edges on the mag release with some 400 grit so it doesn't dig into my flesh.

SLVR JDM
10-20-2009, 09:28
I wouldn't carry anything without a covered trigger, but that is a personal preference.

Peace Warrior
10-20-2009, 09:56
With or without a holster or carry device covering the trigger, everyone knows that Glocks shoot all by themselves. :tongueout:

Pierre!
10-20-2009, 10:26
I just ordered up a few Vanguard "holsters" and I am pretty certain these will be *Da Bomb* for me...
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=946986

Covers the entire trigger guard, thinnest 'holster' on the market... just need a sweat shield for the AZ summers... and all will be good!

HTH

furioso2112
10-20-2009, 10:37

Here's another: I carry a 10mm Glock with the barrel in my mouth, chambered, Vanek super grand master trigger, and I rest my thumb against the trigger so that I don't accidentally

KA-BLAMMO!!!!!

MSgt Dotson
10-20-2009, 10:42
After reading this thread, I've decided to start carrying my Para P14 in Condition "O" (hamer back, safety off), but will pin the grip safety as well...;I will then simply shove it into my wasteband, and hope there are no stray jeans rivets/seams or shirt tails that can ever possibly enter the trigger gaurd unintentionally.

I mean, what could go wrong? :)

deadday
10-20-2009, 11:07
Here's another: I carry a 10mm Glock with the barrel in my mouth, chambered, Vanek super grand master trigger, and I rest my thumb against the trigger so that I don't accidentally

KA-BLAMMO!!!!!

Uhmmmm....whiskey tango foxtrot, over?:dunno:

deadday
10-20-2009, 11:09
After reading this thread, I've decided to start carrying my Para P14 in Condition "O" (hamer back, safety off), but will pin the grip safety as well...;I will then simply shove it into my wasteband, and hope there are no stray jeans rivets/seams or shirt tails that can ever possibly enter the trigger gaurd unintentionally.

:upeyes:

BhamGlock
10-20-2009, 13:08
So there are folks on here that actually that carry with a round chambered using that clipdraw thing?? Well.... it's still a free country, so more power to ya!

Peace Warrior
10-20-2009, 13:14

Now that is one of the stupidest things I've ever read concerning how to carry a gun. :upeyes:

You do realize of course that utilizing a pin on the grip safety may not be such a good idea. Right? I mean people that know about his sort of thing would never recommend such a foolish act. They would use duct tape around the entire grip as pins have a tendency to fall out and letting the grip safety reengage.

:tongueout:

smoke
10-20-2009, 13:41
So there are folks on here that actually that carry with a round chambered using that clipdraw thing?? Well.... it's still a free country, so more power to ya!

Yep, no problem. You guys who advocate all this "trigger must be covered" stuff do understand that rule was meant to keep your bugger-hook off the trigger while the gun was still in the holster - right?

deadday
10-20-2009, 13:43

I carry my PF9 regularly, with a round in the chamber, with the ClipDraw system....sometimes IWB, sometimes OWB, sometimes in my boot...

..reading comprehension FTW...

BhamGlock
10-20-2009, 13:49
..reading comprehension FTW...

I read and comprehended... Still find it ignorant as hell. But as I stated, knock yourself out or shoot yourself in the ***** for all I care :wavey:

deadday
10-20-2009, 14:06
I read and comprehended... Still find it ignorant as hell. But as I stated, knock yourself out or shoot yourself in the ***** for all I care :wavey:

ignorant

–adjective
1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

What knowledge or training am I lacking?

skip a stone
10-20-2009, 16:18
I just sat down at the computer and started to read this thread, and I am wearing a G33, chamberd, with a clipdraw on right now. It really amazes me how people will write in exclaiming that I'll be the next Darwin Award winner if I keep carrying my G33 the way I do, and I always repeat that as long as a person wears normal clothing and a belt the clipdraw can be used with a round in the chamber with out any worry of problems.

A holster does two things. It secures a pistol/revolver to a fixed point on the body to be removed and brought into action when ready and it covers the trigger well to ensure that nothing foreign enters and activates the trigger. In the case of the clipdraw the latter is accomplished by using a persons own waist and that of the material of the pants or shorts (maybe in rare cases a kilt) to act as sidewalls to cover the triggerwell. Add a belt to pull all these components together in a tight orderly fashion and walla! you have the same safety measures that a holster offers.

As I've stated before unless I spontaneously mutate a complete finger with all the bones tendons and muscle in the exact spot on my hip where my Glocks triggerwell is resting I don't think I have much to worry about. Of course I'm not saying it's impossible for this to happen....just that it's highly improbable.

The manufactures of the clipdraw have put a disclaimer on their product to prevent some idiot from suing them in the event said person finds a way to out idiot proof a simple clip. This is the same reason why banks and other businesses put "no firearms or weapons on premises" not because they personally believe in banning guns, but because if some one happens to get shot while on their property they can sue if a clear and present statement wasn't posted obsolving the business owner of responsibility of allowing the circumstances to happen in such a way as to allow a person to be shot in the first place.

Don't fear the clipdraw! Understand it and feel safe and secure in the knowledge that you have accuired to handle it without fear of a full on anxiety filled meltdown over a round in the camber being carried without a "traditional" method of carry, in this instance the big, fat, and cumbersome holster of yesteryear.

Maddcat1
10-20-2009, 16:38
If I didnt go commando all the time, Id use it too. Glock on flesh sometimes is not a good feeling down (t)here in FL :supergrin:

american lockpicker
10-20-2009, 17:20
I carry my 19 loose in my pocket and I've carried various Glocks that way over the years with no problems.

deadday
10-20-2009, 17:28
Well gentlemen, I suppose we should all go out and buy lottery tickets tonight, because according to Mr. BhamGlock we all should have shot our ignorant selves in the testicles or femoral artery by now and bled out..:wavey:

THEPOPE
10-20-2009, 19:11
I am sure to po. the group here............but I don't want you numbskulls that feel the ignorant need to carry waste-band, or Clip Draw style with a loaded, chambered pistol anywhere near me or my kids, nor my grandchildren , for I don't trust your of common sense, or your lack of responsible gun ownership.

O.K. I am sorry for the " numbskull" statement , it was name-calling, and out of the realm of civility....however, please refrain from coming near me or my family while carrying this way, ( or a loose G-19, in your pocket ) and I hope you never have an N/D for the arrogance of that carry style, the price, to ME , is way too high and the associated risks out-weigh any pro's of such a method.

Just to be crystal clear, I care not a whit, that you may shoot yourselves by such an act , I pray you don't, but really, that would not concern me for it is a risk you must assume to be your own, but DON'T put me or any one else at risk for your lack of good judgement, I beg you.

Even the "carry chambered or not at all" crowd know better than to carry a Glock without a trigger guard.

Carry to your comfort level, and training or lack of training, but don't carry if you must risk anyone except yourself.

".........you say yes....I say no...yousay stop....I say go,go,gooooo....."....I am Out of range, I hope....

frankmako
10-20-2009, 20:18
I just sat down at the computer and started to read this thread, and I am wearing a G33, chamberd, with a clipdraw on right now. It really amazes me how people will write in exclaiming that I'll be the next Darwin Award winner if I keep carrying my G33 the way I do, and I always repeat that as long as a person wears normal clothing and a belt the clipdraw can be used with a round in the chamber with out any worry of problems.

A holster does two things. It secures a pistol/revolver to a fixed point on the body to be removed and brought into action when ready and it covers the trigger well to ensure that nothing foreign enters and activates the trigger. In the case of the clipdraw the latter is accomplished by using a persons own waist and that of the material of the pants or shorts (maybe in rare cases a kilt) to act as sidewalls to cover the triggerwell. Add a belt to pull all these components together in a tight orderly fashion and walla! you have the same safety measures that a holster offers.

As I've stated before unless I spontaneously mutate a complete finger with all the bones tendons and muscle in the exact spot on my hip where my Glocks triggerwell is resting I don't think I have much to worry about. Of course I'm not saying it's impossible for this to happen....just that it's highly improbable.

The manufactures of the clipdraw have put a disclaimer on their product to prevent some idiot from suing them in the event said person finds a way to out idiot proof a simple clip. This is the same reason why banks and other businesses put "no firearms or weapons on premises" not because they personally believe in banning guns, but because if some one happens to get shot while on their property they can sue if a clear and present statement wasn't posted obsolving the business owner of responsibility of allowing the circumstances to happen in such a way as to allow a person to be shot in the first place.

Don't fear the clipdraw! Understand it and feel safe and secure in the knowledge that you have accuired to handle it without fear of a full on anxiety filled meltdown over a round in the camber being carried without a "traditional" method of carry, in this instance the big, fat, and cumbersome holster of yesteryear.

plus one. i use one on a g36, s&w model 60, and the kel tec belt clip on a p11 and p3at. my paints and underwear acts the same as a inside the pants holster. i also use a galco inside the pants holster, one of the very thin floppy ones.

AustinTx
10-20-2009, 20:36
Actually, I think carrying a chambered Glock with nothing at all but the support of a waistband is the most dangerous. Plaxico comes to mind. At least the clipdraw would try to keep it from falling down your sweatpants!!

That's how I carried mine until earlier this year. I have a thick, wide belt and the gun was between the belt and me. The trigger was behind the belt. That worked for 10 years. I never had the gun tucked away where it was pointing at anything, but the ground. It did slide down my leg (in Target), being the reason I finally bought a holster. Before Glock, I carried a 1911 the same way, C&L. That made the Glock seem much safer than the Colt.

deadday
10-20-2009, 20:46
I am sure to po. the group here............but I don't want you numbskulls that feel the ignorant need to carry waste-band, or Clip Draw style with a loaded, chambered pistol anywhere near me or my kids, nor my grandchildren , for I don't trust your of common sense, or your lack of responsible gun ownership.

O.K. I am sorry for the " numbskull" statement , it was name-calling, and out of the realm of civility....however, please refrain from coming near me or my family while carrying this way, ( or a loose G-19, in your pocket ) and I hope you never have an N/D for the arrogance of that carry style, the price, to ME , is way too high and the associated risks out-weigh any pro's of such a method.

Just to be crystal clear, I care not a whit, that you may shoot yourselves by such an act , I pray you don't, but really, that would not concern me for it is a risk you must assume to be your own, but DON'T put me or any one else at risk for your lack of good judgement, I beg you.

Even the "carry chambered or not at all" crowd know better than to carry a Glock without a trigger guard.

Carry to your comfort level, and training or lack of training, but don't carry if you must risk anyone except yourself.

".........you say yes....I say no...yousay stop....I say go,go,gooooo....."....I am Out of range, I hope....

Well Pope, one of the great things about this country is that I can carry my firearm in whatever manner I please, around just about anyone I please, just about anywhere I please....

None of the methods of carry I employ put anyone, myself included, at any elevated level of risk, and I'd venture to guess that my training far excedes that of yours and a very large portion of this board...

Just to be crystal clear, I care not a whit for your superior attitude, your inability to type a response that presents more than an elementary school student's grasp of the English language, or for your thoughts on my methods of carry :wavey:

THEPOPE
10-20-2009, 21:52
***Well Pope, one of the great things about this country is that I can carry my firearm in whatever manner I please, around just about anyone I please, just about anywhere I please....

That's right, you can, IF you don't put me or my family in danger by an act of carelessness, like carrying a Glock without some sort of trigger-guard. Then it BECOMES my business, indeed, sir.

****None of the methods of carry I employ put anyone, myself included, at any elevated level of risk, and I'd venture to guess that my training far excedes that of yours and a very large portion of this board...

Hmmm, sounds like a superior attitude there, your training in what ? Gun safety ? THAT is what is at issue here, not your LE or military training, ( if that's what you mean, that is...) as said, yup, you have the RIGHT to carry as you wish, as long as I or the general public isn't put at risk by your actions....so, I guess we agree.

Your superior attitude also led you to define the term " ignorance" to a poster, there-bye inferring he was ignorant, not to mention a previous sarcastic remark to another poster, yep, you showed no "superior attitude" there, sir....

****Just to be crystal clear, I care not a whit for your superior attitude, your inability to type a response that presents more than an elementary school student's grasp of the English language, or for your thoughts on my methods of carry

I am not the first on this thread that you claim to have some kind of inferior understanding of English ( besides, a lot of elementary school agers can't read anyway....) hmmm, yet another superior attitude coming from YOU, not me.......by the way, you mispelled " exceeds" ....lol...you're funny. :tongueout:

^ see that elementary school tongue wag and hand salute ? ? :whistling:

O.K., enough of the in-fighting, though, as said, by me, carry to your training or lack there-of, nothing more, nothing less.

Peace, bro' and be safe, for Gods' sake....and your neighbors in the great state of Texas.....

"............all you need is love............".......Roger, that, Roger, I am out ...:cool:

deadday
10-20-2009, 22:02
***well pope, one of the great things about this country is that i can carry my firearm in whatever manner i please, around just about anyone i please, just about anywhere i please....

That's right, you can, if you don't put me or my family in danger by an act of carelessness, like carrying a glock without some sort of trigger-guard. Then it becomes my business, indeed, sir. i don't own a glock, never mentioned one in this thread

****none of the methods of carry i employ put anyone, myself included, at any elevated level of risk, and i'd venture to guess that my training far excedes that of yours and a very large portion of this board...

Hmmm, sounds like a superior attitude there, your training in what ? Gun safety ? That is what is at issue here, not your le or military training, ( if that's what you mean, that is...) as said, yup, you have the right to carry as you wish, as long as i or the general public isn't put at risk by your actions....so, i guess we agree. no attitude, my training was questioned, i responded.

your superior attitude also led you to define the term " ignorance" to a poster, there-bye inferring he was ignorant, not to mention a previous sarcastic remark to another poster, yep, you showed no "superior attitude" there, sir....just making sure the poster was aware of the definition of the word..many people often incorrectly interchange the words 'ignorant' and 'stupid'...i wanted to clarify what exactly it was that i was being called, and the reason for it..

****just to be crystal clear, i care not a whit for your superior attitude, your inability to type a response that presents more than an elementary school student's grasp of the english language, or for your thoughts on my methods of carry

i am not the first on this thread that you claim to have some kind of inferior understanding of english ( besides, a lot of elementary school agers can't read anyway....) hmmm, yet another superior attitude coming from you, not me.......by the way, you mispelled " exceeds" ....lol...you're funny. :tongueout:i'll be damned, i did didn't i? Oh well...

O.k., enough of the in-fighting, though, as said, by me, carry to your training or lack there-of, nothing more, nothing less.

Peace, bro' and be safe, for gods' sake....and your neighbors in the great state of texas.....

"............all you need is love............".......roger, that, roger, i am out ...:cool:

eta- why did not a single one of those i's come out capitalized?

therealtwitch
10-20-2009, 22:51
they just want to make sure if you go all Plexico, that they can't be held liable

THEPOPE
10-20-2009, 23:00

eta- why did not a single one of those i's come out capitalized?

6789 10

LOL..very goot question, I DON'T KNOW........( and I never noticed that before now )

( alternet universe ? ? )

".........tears are flowing out like gentle rain inside a paper cup........"...I am out ...I...I...I....:cool:

heliguy
10-21-2009, 07:46
No, it's just a metal clip. If you are going to use it and carry without a holster you want to get the Siderlock manual safety trigger. And be SURE to do lots of practice with the siderlock. I got a siderlock and put it on my airsoft green gas glock just so I can be sure to practice with it all the time.

www.siderlock.com

Kingdomapglock
10-21-2009, 07:55
i agree skip a stone. clipdraw is great, i've got them on my 21sf and 19

skip a stone
10-22-2009, 20:21
***Well Pope, one of the great things about this country is that I can carry my firearm in whatever manner I please, around just about anyone I please, just about anywhere I please....

That's right, you can, IF you don't put me or my family in danger by an act of carelessness, like carrying a Glock without some sort of trigger-guard. Then it BECOMES my business, indeed, sir.

****None of the methods of carry I employ put anyone, myself included, at any elevated level of risk, and I'd venture to guess that my training far excedes that of yours and a very large portion of this board...

Hmmm, sounds like a superior attitude there, your training in what ? Gun safety ? THAT is what is at issue here, not your LE or military training, ( if that's what you mean, that is...) as said, yup, you have the RIGHT to carry as you wish, as long as I or the general public isn't put at risk by your actions....so, I guess we agree.

Your superior attitude also led you to define the term " ignorance" to a poster, there-bye inferring he was ignorant, not to mention a previous sarcastic remark to another poster, yep, you showed no "superior attitude" there, sir....

****Just to be crystal clear, I care not a whit for your superior attitude, your inability to type a response that presents more than an elementary school student's grasp of the English language, or for your thoughts on my methods of carry

I am not the first on this thread that you claim to have some kind of inferior understanding of English ( besides, a lot of elementary school agers can't read anyway....) hmmm, yet another superior attitude coming from YOU, not me.......by the way, you mispelled " exceeds" ....lol...you're funny. :tongueout:

O.K., enough of the in-fighting, though, as said, by me, carry to your training or lack there-of, nothing more, nothing less.

Peace, bro' and be safe, for Gods' sake....and your neighbors in the great state of Texas.....

"............all you need is love............".......Roger, that, Roger, I am out ...:cool:

Hey ThePope, I really do pity you, and your perception of reality. Why is it when ever anyone wants to stress a point they always seem to drag their children into the mix for added sympathy? You state something along the lines that our choice in how we carry our firearms is suddenly not exceptable near your children. Tell me something, how would you even know how anyone around you was carrying their weapons? Do you randomly pat down strangers in public?

Wouldn't it make more sense to educate your children on what makes a weapon fire and what makes a weapon not fire? That's what I did. I educated myself in the workings of my Glock pistol to understand how it works. Once I did this I didn't fear my pistol spontaneously going off on it's own. Trust me friend, education and seeking to make yourself smarter at every opportunity in life is never a bad thing. Once you actually understand how a Glock pistol works you will realize it has three...count them 1,2,3 safeties that insure the pistol will not fire unless the trigger is depressed. When this was fully understood by myself, I realized just how effective and safe the clipdraw was in daily carry situations.

I do concede however that not all clothes are acceptable in use with the clipdraw. Wearing pants or shorts with lots of fringe is probably not a very good thing. Or if your into things that dangle being attached to your clothes like straps or the total white trash add on of a roachclip in combination with a chain of feathers...again probably not a very good thing.

Just remember that guns by themselves don't kill people. It takes a person depressing the trigger or putting their firearm in a situation where something can unintentionally depress the trigger. When the clipdraw is used with just a dash of common sense this eleminates all possibility of a unintentioned discharge, and yes I do know that lately common sense isn't so common anymore...but hey that's where the whole making oneself smarter through education comes into play. Really just think of my post as food for thought.

Sincerely,

-Skip-

P.S. Please forgive any and all punctuation and grammer mistakes that I may have made, complete mastery of the English language in it's written form has never been my strongest talent in life.

THEPOPE
10-22-2009, 21:39
Skip a stone said " ...Hey ThePope, I really do pity you, and your perception of reality. Why is it when ever anyone wants to stress a point they always seem to drag their children into the mix for added sympathy? You state something along the lines that our choice in how we carry our firearms is suddenly not exceptable near your children. Tell me something, how would you even know how anyone around you was carrying their weapons? Do you randomly pat down strangers in public?

NO need to pity me, lol, nor do I need your sympathy, so there goeth that theory, eh ?

CArrying in a manner that puts you at risk, is your choice, but putting me or my family at risk is certainly my business, after all, isn't this why we carry ? To protect ourselves and loved ones ? ( BTW, just exactly WHO'S reality should I espouse...yours ? Uh, no sir. )

I recently watched a friend of mine, trying to holster their Glock, with the corner of her sweater inside the trigger-guard, and I expected a BANG, she kept jamming that pistol harder and harder into that holster and she never saw nor noticed that sweater holding up the progress, IF that gun would have fired ( only reason it did NOT was that she didn't have it fully loaded...thank God, as it would have missed her alright, but the room-full of people she was in were at a risk SHE put us in....) .

Skip a stone said " ....Do you randomly pat down strangers in public?

NO WAY, man...yuk....ewwwww.....I do expect someone packing a potentially deadly weapon to have a sconce of common sense, though, and use good judgement.....as you said yourself, though, common sense isn't common any more....

Skip a stone said "....Wouldn't it make more sense to educate your children on what makes a weapon fire and what makes a weapon not fire? That's what I did. I educated myself in the workings of my Glock pistol to understand how it works.

I have grown children, 31 and 30 years of age, a few grand-children, too....and I sure do hope to live long enough to help train them in SAFE firearm practices, but, I can lead those horses, can't make 'em drink....

I do NOT fear my G-19, nor am I ignorant of its' workings, and yessir, I often drink of the wealth of knowledge of others, to slake my own thirst for more education. So there...PPPFFFFTTTTT ! ! :supergrin:

Skip a stone writes "....Really just think of my post as food for thought.

I also eat at the table of knowledge, with mustard, please....yum....peace, and be safe....

"............warm smell of Colitus...rising up through the air....."..I am Out , again....:cool:

deadday
10-22-2009, 22:37
Hell man, type your responses inside the quote, but with bolded text (like I did above)...trying to decipher that post is giving me a headache :rofl:

Reb 56
10-22-2009, 22:44
I carry my 19 loose in my pocket and I've carried various Glocks that way over the years with no problems.

You must have some wide and deep pockets. I can't even pocket carry a G26.

Glocky McGlockington
10-23-2009, 03:34
The warning is to give legal cover to ClipDraw but how many accidental discharges do we hear about relative to the hudreds of thousand they have sold? English

Seriously, how many people come rushing to GT, or any gun forum for that matter, to talk about their totally improbable AD/ND? Would you? With some of the 'gung hoery' I see here sometimes, I bet there is far more than you think...btw, it would no doubt be a ND if using clipdraw with a round chambered, and if it came close to hitting some people (or especially their kids), that would be a 'fear for my life' situation you'd be involved in indeed...

English
10-23-2009, 03:55
Seriously, how many people come rushing to GT, or any gun forum for that matter, to talk about their totally improbable AD/ND? Would you? With some of the 'gung hoery' I see here sometimes, I bet there is far more than you think...btw, it would no doubt be a ND if using clipdraw with a round chambered, and if it came close to hitting some people (or especially their kids), that would be a 'fear for my life' situation you'd be involved in indeed...

It is hard to keep such things secret and so there are always many others to spread the word and post on GT. Apart from that, a few noble individuals do post about their misfortunate, stupid or otherwise embarassing experiences - sometimes with very impressive phots.

English

skip a stone
10-23-2009, 04:12
Skip a stone said " ...Hey ThePope, I really do pity you, and your perception of reality. Why is it when ever anyone wants to stress a point they always seem to drag their children into the mix for added sympathy? You state something along the lines that our choice in how we carry our firearms is suddenly not exceptable near your children. Tell me something, how would you even know how anyone around you was carrying their weapons? Do you randomly pat down strangers in public?

NO need to pity me, lol, nor do I need your sympathy, so there goeth that theory, eh ?

CArrying in a manner that puts you at risk, is your choice, but putting me or my family at risk is certainly my business, after all, isn't this why we carry ? To protect ourselves and loved ones ? ( BTW, just exactly WHO'S reality should I espouse...yours ? Uh, no sir. )

I recently watched a friend of mine, trying to holster their Glock, with the corner of her sweater inside the trigger-guard, and I expected a BANG, she kept jamming that pistol harder and harder into that holster and she never saw nor noticed that sweater holding up the progress, IF that gun would have fired ( only reason it did NOT was that she didn't have it fully loaded...thank God, as it would have missed her alright, but the room-full of people she was in were at a risk SHE put us in....) .

Skip a stone said " ....Do you randomly pat down strangers in public?

NO WAY, man...yuk....ewwwww.....I do expect someone packing a potentially deadly weapon to have a sconce of common sense, though, and use good judgement.....as you said yourself, though, common sense isn't common any more....

Skip a stone said "....Wouldn't it make more sense to educate your children on what makes a weapon fire and what makes a weapon not fire? That's what I did. I educated myself in the workings of my Glock pistol to understand how it works.

I have grown children, 31 and 30 years of age, a few grand-children, too....and I sure do hope to live long enough to help train them in SAFE firearm practices, but, I can lead those horses, can't make 'em drink....

I do NOT fear my G-19, nor am I ignorant of its' workings, and yessir, I often drink of the wealth of knowledge of others, to slake my own thirst for more education. So there...PPPFFFFTTTTT ! ! :supergrin:

Skip a stone writes "....Really just think of my post as food for thought.

I also eat at the table of knowledge, with mustard, please....yum....peace, and be safe....

"............warm smell of Colitus...rising up through the air....."..I am Out , again....:cool:

Hey ThePope, I think just about everyone that reads your responses in comparison to the people that disagree with you would agree you don't really seem to grasp the whole concept of common sense.

You say you would hope that someone carying a potential deadly weapon would have have a sconce of common sense. You write this after telling us about your nimrod friend that was jamming her pistol into a holster with a corner of her sweater in the triggergaurd. If this friend is what you use to gauge common sense you need to find some smarter friends to hang around with before you get yourself shot by one of them.

My version of common sense reminds me to ALWAYS check and make sure the triggerwell/gaurd is free in clear before carefully inserting my pistol into my waistband. After my pistol is firmly seated and in position with my belt pulled tight I have complete confidence that any foreign opject capable of entering the trigger gaurd will most definetly be kept out by the seal the clothing and belt provide in this manner of carry.

I feel sorry for your self doubt in being able to properly ensure that your weapon is safe when handling it. You should stop letting fear of the improbable limit your options in life. The Glock is safe loaded as long as you rely on the three safetys to do their job and to not depress the trigger until you are ready to fire the weapon at it's intended target.

English
10-23-2009, 05:20
There are far too many ND holstering Glocks an it just occurred to me that the ClipDraw is much safer in this respect. It actually makes you look down at what you are doing. The Pope should feel safer if his friends convert to the use of ClipDraws!

English

smoke
10-23-2009, 06:42
Why do you guys waste your time arguing with folks like THEPOPE? I've found that people with the soccer-mom mentality (I've got another term for it) are already beyond being reasoned with. Best to just leave them be in their own little world. :beer:

THEPOPE
10-23-2009, 16:50
"Hey ThePope, I think just about everyone that reads your responses in comparison to the people that disagree with you would agree you don't really seem to grasp the whole concept of common sense. "

Didja poll all those people, or make that up ?

Did not say you personally had no common sense, you are taking this WAY too personally....

"You say you would hope that someone carying a potential deadly weapon would have have a sconce of common sense. You write this after telling us about your nimrod friend that was jamming her pistol into a holster with a corner of her sweater in the triggergaurd. If this friend is what you use to gauge common sense you need to find some smarter friends to hang around with before you get yourself shot by one of them."

My friend did have a moment of "brain fartism", and was not aware of the problem....and IN MY OPINION, ONLY, I would love for all of us to own some semblance of "common sense" regarding a potentially deadly weapon, wouldn't you ?

"My version of common sense reminds me to ALWAYS check and make sure the triggerwell/gaurd is free in clear before carefully inserting my pistol into my waistband. After my pistol is firmly seated and in position with my belt pulled tight I have complete confidence that any foreign opject capable of entering the trigger gaurd will most definetly be kept out by the seal the clothing and belt provide in this manner of carry. "

I did say carry however you want, you have that Right to carry, you also have a Right to Freedom of Speech, with a caveat...you can't hollar "FIRE" in a crowded theatre...I am happy that you seem to have a sconce of common sense, good man, keep it up,

"I feel sorry for your self doubt in being able to properly ensure that your weapon is safe when handling it."

Where was it said I don't feel confident about my carry ? OR that I had "self doubt" ? Putting words I never said, or more import into dis-agreeing with you about "trigger-guard coverage " shouldn't be confused with my concerns for safety.

"You should stop letting fear of the improbable limit your options in life. The Glock is safe loaded as long as you rely on the three safetys to do their job and to not depress the trigger until you are ready to fire the weapon at it's intended target."

I couldn't agree more to that........but this "improbable" that you seem to think "limits " my options in life ? lol, Okie Dokie.....whatever you say. ( whole lots of people have shot themselves with those "improbable"s )

Now, please don't take these comments and opinions too personal, skip a stone, not intended , we simply disagree on keeping a Glock, or similar pistols' trigger covered, K?

"Why do you guys waste your time arguing with folks like THEPOPE? I've found that people with the soccer-mom mentality (I've got another term for it) are already beyond being reasoned with. Best to just leave them be in their own little world. "

ME? a soccer-mom mentality ? wow, how do you come up with that ? ( I'ld love to see your other term for that....could be worth a laugh or two, in a good natured way, of course )

Hey, nothing wrong with a good arguement, right ?

"............Gimme back my bullets..."........I am out, no offense intended, folks....:cool:

skip a stone
10-23-2009, 17:21
Why do you guys waste your time arguing with folks like THEPOPE? I've found that people with the soccer-mom mentality (I've got another term for it) are already beyond being reasoned with. Best to just leave them be in their own little world. :beer:

Smoke you are absolutely right. the way that guy posts I would be surprised if he was even a gun owner at all. A bunch of funny senerios come to mind as I write this on how he practices gun safety, but your are as stated before, right on the money. I'll dedicate my grey matter to better pursuits that are worth the mental exercise.

Thanks,

-Skip-

THEPOPE
10-24-2009, 12:48
That's cool, Skippy, see you on the playground...........oh yeah, say "hey " to Darwin, when you meet up....

" .......word up, word down......."........I am out again, and again, and again, ad-infinitum...:cool:

THEPOPE
11-01-2009, 13:26
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139995

? ? ? This just can't happen, huh....

( no offense, just pointing out the obvious , to SOME of us )

"........oh wait, hell, I don't own guns....I forgot..."......I am out ...:cool:

smokey45
11-01-2009, 16:04
Idiots will always be with us. The fool pulled the trigger. Some even happen as the pistol is reholstered, Proving once again that there is no way to "Fool a Fool". It still remains that a firearm in good working order will not fire unless the trigger is pulled, regardless of how it's carried. Every person should carry in a manner that works for them, and not give a damn how others carry. We're all responsible for our own actions.
s45

tankermw
01-06-2010, 20:31
Idiots will always be with us. The fool pulled the trigger. Some even happen as the pistol is reholstered, Proving once again that there is no way to "Fool a Fool". It still remains that a firearm in good working order will not fire unless the trigger is pulled, regardless of how it's carried. Every person should carry in a manner that works for them, and not give a damn how others carry. We're all responsible for our own actions.
s45

Well said.

Peace Warrior
01-07-2010, 05:45
If I didnt go commando all the time, Id use it too. Glock on flesh sometimes is not a good feeling down (t)here in FL :supergrin:
Homeboy!

Are you kidding?!? Glock on flesh is ummmm.... well... INVIGORATING. :supergrin:

azulato
12-10-2010, 17:33
Hi there everyone.

My friends are back from NY and they have been kind enough to bring me my Clipdraw and Saf-T Blok kit. The guys, however, afraid of problems with brazilian customs, have removed the paper covers and instruction booklets from the items and now tell me they've lost them.

The Saf-T Blok is pretty obvious, but I'm reluctant to try and install the Clipdraw without instructions for fear of damaging my Glock. Is there any electronic version or even a scanned copy of the material I could have access to from any of you good people?

Many thanks in advance.