Second 1st Gen G17 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Second 1st Gen G17

G19Tony
10-19-2009, 20:45
I happened on a 1st Gen G17 on GB tonight with a few minutes left and no bidders. I put the min bid on it and got it. FE8XX code. If the internals haven't been changed, I'll send it to Glock and have it done. This will be my G17 shooter. The other 1G I have is an AH code. It's been a shooter, but I've only fired it once. I'm keeping it as sort of a collectible. It has the original box and accessories.

I'll equip the FE with night sights and it goes into the rotation. I'll post pics when it gets here. It was a police trade with Austrian markings, but no PD marks. :supergrin:

Glock-N-Load
10-27-2009, 23:07
I just picked up a 1st Gen at my dealers this afternoon. I won it on GB also. EEXXXUS Had been looking for a 1st Gen for a while to give myself at least 1 of each gen. It was a police trade in and has MPDC stamped on the slide. I believe it's from Metro Police District of Columbia. It has the usual holster wear but looks seldom shot.

trakker45
10-30-2009, 11:08
I just picked up a 1st Gen at my dealers this afternoon. I won it on GB also. EEXXXUS Had been looking for a 1st Gen for a while to give myself at least 1 of each gen. It was a police trade in and has MPDC stamped on the slide. I believe it's from Metro Police District of Columbia. It has the usual holster wear but looks seldom shot.

That is correct, it was carried by a Washington, D.C. cop back in the day. I have been looking for one of those! Nice snag.