My Corvette at Lake Monroe [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My Corvette at Lake Monroe

JLB768
10-20-2009, 22:39
No boat trailers around, allowed me to park right on the beach. I did learn something new, lighting is everything. I should have waited till sunset, because the direct sunlight washed out the lines on my car. But this is what I came up with. Still learning...

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8003/img1958yw.jpg

nipperwolf
10-21-2009, 19:47
Still learning..

First, lighting isn't too bad. The problem is....IMAGE SCHACK IS THE WORST PHOTO HOSTING SITE EVER!!!

Stupid popups, soft images,....

Your pic was shot at F16, and should be sharp, but the image is being displayed very soft. The insignia next to the front wheel can't even be read.

Here is a panning shot of a car doing 200 mph, displayed through my Smugmug site, which is sharper than your IS car sitting still.

http://www.knippixels.com/photos/340672174_UXpZK-O.jpg

hokieglock
10-21-2009, 19:49
my, what a small thingamajig you must have :)

JLB768
10-21-2009, 19:56
First, lighting isn't too bad. The problem is....IMAGE SCHACK IS THE WORST PHOTO HOSTING SITE EVER!!!

Stupid popups, soft images,....

Your pic was shot at F16, and should be sharp, but the image is being displayed very soft. The insignia next to the front wheel can't even be read.

Here is a panning shot of a car doing 200 mph, displayed through my Smugmug site, which is sharper than your IS car sitting still.

http://www.knippixels.com/photos/340672174_UXpZK-O.jpg

I thought Imageshack was reducing the quality of my pics. The originals are sharp, but the lines did wash out.

Naptown34
10-21-2009, 19:58
I can't read the blurred yellow writing on the wheels rotating at a zillion mph...your hosting site must suck.

JLB768
10-21-2009, 20:01
my, what a small thingamajig you must have :)

No it's not, my bank account is quite large :tongueout:

paperairplane
10-21-2009, 20:04
It's a nice photo, but just looks like a stock photo - kind of like a corvette calendar picture.

There is something a little off composition-wise that I can't nail down... I think I want more open space on the right side. The car's angle and wheels are drawing my eyes to the right side, but the picture ends kind of abruptly.

Could just be me - nice car and a nice backdrop. I like the trees better than the water in this shot.

JLB768
10-21-2009, 20:14
It's a nice photo, but just looks like a stock photo - kind of like a corvette calendar picture.

There is something a little off composition-wise that I can't nail down... I think I want more open space on the right side. The car's angle and wheels are drawing my eyes to the right side, but the picture ends kind of abruptly.

Could just be me - nice car and a nice backdrop. I like the trees better than the water in this shot.

Thanks. Someone else made the same comment, I should have shot the car off center. I definitely need better glass, the 28-70 I used, came with the camera. And my good lens is 70-300, so that was out of the question.

paperairplane
10-21-2009, 20:21
I quit shooting film when my fixed 135mm broke. I like using a fixed length lens.