Coyote Hunting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Coyote Hunting

Redneck19
10-22-2009, 09:51
I'm looking to do a little this year.

What times of day would be most productive and can anyone recommend good coyote call manufacturers?

Thanks guys!

6F0 Nick
10-22-2009, 10:15
I usually go early in the morning. I like to be in my spot as the sun is coming up. The evening when the sun is going down is good also. You have to get them when they are most active. These times are when they hunt the most for food. As it starts getting colder, they will start bedding down a lot earlier.
As far as calls go, I like Sceery and Primos. Get yourself a good Raspy Coaxer in either Jackrabbit or Cottontail, depending on what is prevailent in your area.
You have to be patient after your calling, they sometimes come from miles out to investigate your calls.
I cannot stress enough the importance of being still. You can have the best camo and scent cover but if you are moving around and scratching your butt and things like that...you might as well pack it up because coyotes will see that from a long way off. PM me if you have any other questions. This is the type of hunting I do most and I LOVE IT!!!

glock20c10mm
10-31-2009, 14:18
You need to go here - http://www.callingcoyotes.com/

Buy a couple or all of the DVDs in Randy Anderson's series. Highly Informative!

Primos now makes a series of coyote hunting calls based on Randy Anderson's direct imput, which are used in all of the latest available DVDs. I see on the website video number six in the series is now available.

Good Hunting,
Craig