Moving back to CO, need advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moving back to CO, need advice

OgenRwot
10-25-2009, 13:06
I'm moving to Denver in June. I've lived on the western slope and northern Colorado but never in the city. I'll be taking some classes at Metro and working in politics to proximity to down town is paramount. However, I don't want to live in Denver Proper for obvious reasons. Are there some good neighborhoods right outside the city that are half way decent?

OgenRwot
10-26-2009, 07:26
Seriously? Everyone hates Denver that much?

BabyTaz
10-26-2009, 07:54
How far "outside" are you willing to go? There are all kinds of housing developments popping up all the way north on I-25 that people are commuting from. Many of them have better prices than if you actually live in Denver. I think traffic stinks, no matter where you start from. E-470 seems to have helped with that. You might check with Mrs. Tink, she would probably have a better idea than I do. I am way the heck up in Longmont!:wavey:

MoNsTeR
10-26-2009, 12:07
It depends on where you'll be commuting to and when. Metro is an easy commute from Lakewood or Golden but it's nasty during rush hour, mainly where 6th hits I-25. Another good option would be Wheat Ridge close to the Denver border (Sheridan Blvd.), which lets you take routes like 38th->Speer. Of course if you don't mind 30min+ commutes you can live in whichever suburb you like.

joker22
10-29-2009, 10:24
I don't want to live in Denver Proper for obvious reasons.

I live in the city. What are the obvious reasons for not living in Denver? The short commute; the vast array of restaurants, entertainment and culture; the parks, bike paths and rec centers?
-br

31F20
10-29-2009, 12:34
I live in the city. What are the obvious reasons for not living in Denver? The short commute; the vast array of restaurants, entertainment and culture; the parks, bike paths and rec centers?
-br

I think he is referring to the Assault Weapon ban in city and county of Denver.
I live in Denver, Adams county. I can have as many ARs as I want. As long as they are not full auto of course.

Welcome back OgenRwot, when you get here. PM me and Ill show you some good places to shoot for free close by town.