Sturgis, KY [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sturgis, KY

alphacat
10-25-2009, 15:07
Can anybody here tell me anything about this part of Kentucky? I'm looking at a little place on line that's near the Ohio River on SR 1508 but I don't know anything about the area. I'm hoping somebody here can tell me a little about the area ....
Thanks.

alphacat
10-26-2009, 13:21
No one, No one......

oldschoolcj5
10-27-2009, 09:31
They hold the "little Sturgis" bike rally there each year. What do you want to know? Cost of living? Where to eat? Looking for a house?

alphacat
10-27-2009, 13:25
Yea, I'm looking to find out what kind of area it is. Is it a good place to live, safe and are the people friendly, that kind of stuff.
I'm looking at a place online that's for sale, it's along the Ohio River not to far out of town.

I read about the Little Sturgis bike rally it looks like a wild event but nothing I'd spend to much time at.
How is the access to the Ohio river? Is the fishing any good along that area?

I've never been down in that area, it looks like a nice place to retire in, not to hot and not to cold...

chris in va
10-29-2009, 22:41
I guess if you want to be completely away from any large town or city, it might be for you. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

As for fishing I understand the 'Land Between The Lakes' area is great for it, which is just south of there. The Ohio isn't exactly a 'fishing' river, more of a highway for barges and such.

alphacat
11-01-2009, 20:38
I guess if you want to be completely away from any large town or city, it might be for you. Pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

As for fishing I understand the 'Land Between The Lakes' area is great for it, which is just south of there. The Ohio isn't exactly a 'fishing' river, more of a highway for barges and such.

Thanks.

alphacat
11-03-2009, 16:26
It's over for this place.
I didn't offer enough money for it for the Realtor to even take the deal to the seller.... I thought 15% under the asking price on a home that had been on sale for a year was fair.

Maybe next time..

alphacat
11-03-2009, 16:29
Sorry, double post.