Need IWB holster that won't close up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need IWB holster that won't close up

BarkinDog
10-25-2009, 20:00
For a couple of years my 340PD has been my favorite carry gun. I've been using pocket holsters but would like to get a good IWB. I tried a Galco with reinforce lip and checked out others but everything closes up a little once the gun is drawn so one handed re-holstering is not possible. I would perfer one with a j hook. I don't care for belt loops or metal clip type. Would like a staright drop for appendix position but forward can't at 4 o'clock would work too. Above all it has to stay open to allow one hand re-holstering.
Any suggestions of one that you actually use (not just know of) that has the above qualities?

willowofwisp
10-27-2009, 19:46
I would check out crossbreed supertuck, i believe they make a holster for j frames.

BarkinDog
11-02-2009, 17:18
Anyone have a suggestion that fits the bill and personally use?

Truffle8Shuffle
11-15-2009, 20:10
Which Galco holster do you have? I use a Galco Stow-and-Go and never have problems with it closing up. I appendix carry it as well and never have an issue with one-handed re-holstering.

rettom60
11-16-2009, 08:10
Try a Fist kadex# 1AK IWB

rettom60

Ajon412
11-29-2009, 18:02
Try a Kytac Braveheart IWB. I had one made for my 640 and I love it. It's light weight, very sturdy and extremely comfortable. I have several Kytac holsters, mainly for my Glock 23/27.

Dogguy
12-01-2009, 15:40
Kydex or leather holsters with metal-reinforced openings won't close up on you. There's a lot of 'em out there.

Glockanatorrrrr
12-02-2009, 16:34
For a couple of years my 340PD has been my favorite carry gun. I've been using pocket holsters but would like to get a good IWB. I tried a Galco with reinforce lip and checked out others but everything closes up a little once the gun is drawn so one handed re-holstering is not possible. I would perfer one with a j hook. I don't care for belt loops or metal clip type. Would like a staright drop for appendix position but forward can't at 4 o'clock would work too. Above all it has to stay open to allow one hand re-holstering.
Any suggestions of one that you actually use (not just know of) that has the above qualities?

+1 on the 340pd. My favorite carry gun since bringing it home. Pocket carry daily! If you find a good IWB holster let me know, I've been looking too.

Fast Copperhead
01-19-2010, 18:23
Crossbreed!! No questions!