I just had an Idea on how to have more KY CCDW classes [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I just had an Idea on how to have more KY CCDW classes

KYgundoc
10-29-2009, 09:41
We hold CCDW parties like Tupperware parties but with the goal of getting Your CCDW instead of selling plastic cups. Give the host a big discount on there CCDW say $5.00 off for each person they invite to get there CCDW. The instructor would give away door prizes like cleaning kits and such during breaks. Go to the range the next day and give prizes for best and worst shooter. The goal is to get more people involved with firearms. If you have a CCDW already you could give the host discount to your friends by buy just giving each of them $5.00 off of there CCDW. Minimum party size would be 5 people. This way people who work second shift could have it before work with co workers and shoot the next day. Who wants to book a KY CCDW party?

chris in va
10-29-2009, 22:36
Problem is, all the CCDW classes are booked solid already. New 'members' aren't an issue. Too few qualified instructors...are.

KYgundoc
10-29-2009, 22:44
If I could get the people I would have a class every day. The class I gave Sunday got their certificates Thursday. Getting faster than your class.
If you know people that want to get in a class send them to me and I can set up a class but not for 1 person I need at least 5 before they want to sent books and applications from the state.

chris in va
10-30-2009, 18:44
If I know of anyone, I'll send them your way.

roadforeman
10-31-2009, 16:32
The state is getting much quicker on renewals as well. Last time it took over 100 days for my renewal to come in. This time it took less than three weeks. I guess the state is getting better computers nowadays.

Toucan2442
11-11-2009, 22:34
I like this idea for some reason or other

seanmcp
11-17-2009, 21:06
KYGunDoc,

Since I moved over the river to Jeffersonville, I'm all Indiana Permitted (have been since the first day I could legally apply and get it back expedited *grin*). Maybe I can go back over the river and get my KY one again, just to give you something to do :P Heckuva reason to have to move, tho...

Sean

Leigh
11-28-2009, 13:25
If I could get the people I would have a class every day. The class I gave Sunday got their certificates Thursday. Getting faster than your class.
If you know people that want to get in a class send them to me and I can set up a class but not for 1 person I need at least 5 before they want to sent books and applications from the state.

Just keep 20+ applicant workbooks/paperwork on hand.

Jane Sexton (DOCJT) is a woderful person to work with and will do her best to keep ALL instructors well-supplied.

kayakjax
12-07-2009, 21:25
Hey guys!
I know I'm a little off-topic here, but I have a few CCDW questions that you seem well-equipped to answer.
First, the info:
For about 10 years, I lived near Owensboro in Daviess County. I got my CCDW at an indoor range in Madisonville, Ky in 2005. My current one expires in March 2010.
About a year ago, I moved to Hancock County, near Hawesville.
Now the dumb questions:

1. When I moved to Hancock County, I had to go to the courthouse to transfer my driver's license from Daviess county to Hancock County. It never occurred to me to even wonder (til much later) if I was supposed to go to the sheriff's office in my new county and transfer my CCDW too. Am I in violation NOW?
2. I recently bought a Glock20 (to put a Guncrafter Industries .50GI conversion on) at Whittaker's. The lady said she needed my driver's license or my concealed carry card. I told her I have both, and laid 'em on the counter. She glanced at my CCDW card and said, "Oh, we can't use those old ones for that!" WTF? What's changed?
3. Since my old card expires in March, when should I (and when CAN I ) get the ball rolling on a replacement?
4. What will I need to take to the Hancock County Sheriff to get my new card?
5. The range in Madisonville had a photographer come in the day of the class and take your photo (for 5 or 10 bucks), that you got to take with that afternoon. I seem to recall it as being about 3x5 or 4x6. What size does the state require, and where do I get one now? I see places advertising passport photos. I don't know if that's a big photo they reduce (like my CCDW photo) or already small (like a driver's license photo). Will that work?

cwshootersupply
12-10-2009, 13:35
Hey guys!

Now the dumb questions:

2. I recently bought a Glock20 (to put a Guncrafter Industries .50GI conversion on) at Whittaker's. The lady said she needed my driver's license or my concealed carry card. I told her I have both, and laid 'em on the counter. She glanced at my CCDW card and said, "Oh, we can't use those old ones for that!" WTF? What's changed? I can answer this question with authority. Answer to you Your CCDW was issued before July 2006 Right? If so the state DID NOT do a NICS check with the FBI and the BATFE said that any CCDW that did not included this did not qualify as a alternate to the NICS check required with a 4473 so you have to have a NICS run everytime you buy gun from a FFL period, BUT Thata big BUT when your license come up for renewale in 2010 you will have a NICS done by the state and that will allow you to buy a gun without the NICS check because a goverment intienty ie the state of KY has already done the check.

5. The range in Madisonville had a photographer come in the day of the class and take your photo (for 5 or 10 bucks), that you got to take with that afternoon. I seem to recall it as being about 3x5 or 4x6. What size does the state require, and where do I get one now? I see places advertising passport photos. I don't know if that's a big photo they reduce (like my CCDW photo) or already small (like a driver's license photo). Will that work? Don't know me and my wife just paid the Jefferson County Sheriff that money for the picture , when we applied for oursevles just a few weeks ago.

CEW