Visiting Phoenix area. Where 2 shoot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Phoenix area. Where 2 shoot

FlaChef
11-01-2009, 16:40
Hello, I will be in Gilbert next week visiting old friends who moved out there and want to take them shooting. I would love to hit Scottsdale Gun Club and still might, but this whole trip has basically lost all of it's budget due to some setbacks (but I already have a few 100 22's and a couple boxes of 9 dedicated to the trip).

I know people just go out in the desert and shoot, but is there any kind of rules, regulations (I assume not in any kind of incorporated area), or anything like that. What about backstops? Just pick somewhere where there's big rocks in the not too distant distance?

Maybe any known area (15 miles outside of town x on hwy y kind of thing). Where I live is way too built up for that kind of thing and i am used to either member only outdoor clubs or indoor pay per hour public kind of ranges.

Looking forward to seeing the dessert for the first time (only place I've ever been west of the Mississippi is 6 months working in aspen) and open carrying (FL needs to get open carry laws)!

Thank you for any advice!

diegotitan
11-04-2009, 19:53
If your going to Gilbert go to the Usary Park ( Rio Salado gun club ) Range fees fairly cheap 200 yd range with a 300 yd gong. Follow the rules posted . Should be a little cooler about high 80's today. If you get a chance take the Apache trail for Apache Junction to Roosevelt Lake for a day trip. It has some fantastic scenery. Just be ready for Fish Creek the road is a single lane going up the side of a cliff, it is well travel road. Prettier during the spring flowers though. Have fun !!

jim

tlafrance
11-07-2009, 07:13
Tue nite steel match at Rio Salado is just what you need.

http://www.riopractical.com/

Select Tuesday night steel from the left menu.

Tom

ClydeG19
11-11-2009, 05:11
There's an indoor range in Mesa (just north of Gilbert).

www.caswells.com