Concealed weapons permits on the rise in SC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Concealed weapons permits on the rise in SC

Noblinger
11-03-2009, 00:32
BEAUFORT, SC (WTOC) - The number of South Carolinians applying for concealed weapons permits is on the rise. As of mid-October, more than 28,000 new permits have been issued by South Carolina's State Law Enforcement Divsion.
Last year, only 14,500 new permits were issued in all of 2008.
To qualify for a concealed weapon permit in South Carolina, you must

Be a South Carolina resident or own property in the state
Be at least 21
Pass an eight-hour training course that covers firearms safety, state gun laws and live shooting
Pay $50 and submit to fingerprinting and a federal background check

28,000:shocked: permits

rns-glock37
11-03-2009, 03:42
what do you guys think. the more (28,000) the better? can it be a situation where this increased number be a double edge sword? i think if the numbers begin to rise to drastically it will generate more and more attention from the gunphobias in public office. what do you guys think?

Glockrunner
11-03-2009, 08:46
what do you guys think. the more (28,000) the better? can it be a situation where this increased number be a double edge sword? i think if the numbers begin to rise to drastically it will generate more and more attention from the gunphobias in public office. what do you guys think?

While it is reported that CWP applications are up by 28,000, it was reported last night on the local news that we have now reached a total of 100,000 current permits issued this year!

I think that is a good thing in that, "An armed society is a friendly society." So now, be polite to all in SC fore you never know just who might be toten a firearm.

Noblinger
11-03-2009, 13:48
When I moved to SC I was told that people from SC like there pick up trucks and guns! I thought to myself GREAT I have both just my kind of place.