Good shooting range????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good shooting range?????

hect090
11-05-2009, 14:50
I live in palm beach i was wondering if anyone knows of any good shooting ranges where you can bring your own ammo and you dont have to be a member to shoot there

jtt1560
11-05-2009, 18:58
There is only one that lets you shoot your own ammo in PBC. It is Palm Beach Shooting Center in Lake Worth.

The rules are as follows:
$15.00 per hour if using your own ammo
No reloads
No steel cased ammo (Wolf, Brown Bear, etc..)
Handguns only

hect090
11-06-2009, 05:49
Alright thanks im going to go check that one out this weekend

rich52us
11-06-2009, 06:10
There is only one that lets you shoot your own ammo in PBC. It is Palm Beach Shooting Center in Lake Worth.

The rules are as follows:
$15.00 per hour if using your own ammo
No reloads
No steel cased ammo (Wolf, Brown Bear, etc..)
Handguns only

Is that a new policy change? In the past several years I've been told no outside ammo at that range.

jtt1560
11-06-2009, 19:20
Yes that is the new policy change. To be quite honest, it may be cheaper to buy their ammo and shoot. Their ammo prices are very reasonable.

Example:
Buying theirs
50 rd box of 9mm (Factory PMC) is $13.95
It only cost $8.00 to shoot if you use their ammo and there is no time limit.

+ 8.00
-------
$35.90 for 100 rounds

Bring you own
Walmart WWB 9mm 100 rds for $22.00
$15.00 per hour to shoot

+15.00
------
$37.00 for 100 rounds

Keep in mind if you go over an hour your screwed (add another 15 bucks). In addition you also have to find the ammo at Walmart. I have been to Walmart so many times looking for ammo, I will save money and time just buying theirs.

Palm Beach Shooting Center is the cheapest game in town. You may not like the people or the building but Delray Shooting Center and Gator are expensive as hell and I refuse to pay it. I wish they would lower the prices to compete with PBSC.

One big complaint that people have with PBSC is they ask to check your bag for ammo. I understand why considering their new pricing model. I'm sure people try to buy a box from them and smuggle in 250 rds of their own. If I owned the range I would strongly considering checking bags as well.

rich52us
11-07-2009, 02:56
Yes that is the new policy change. To be quite honest, it may be cheaper to buy their ammo and shoot. Their ammo prices are very reasonable.

Example:
Buying theirs
50 rd box of 9mm (Factory PMC) is $13.95
It only cost $8.00 to shoot if you use their ammo and there is no time limit.

+ 8.00
-------
$35.90 for 100 rounds

Bring you own
Walmart WWB 9mm 100 rds for $22.00
$15.00 per hour to shoot

+15.00
------
$37.00 for 100 rounds

Keep in mind if you go over an hour your screwed (add another 15 bucks). In addition you also have to find the ammo at Walmart. I have been to Walmart so many times looking for ammo, I will save money and time just buying theirs.

Palm Beach Shooting Center is the cheapest game in town. You may not like the people or the building but Delray Shooting Center and Gator are expensive as hell and I refuse to pay it. I wish they would lower the prices to compete with PBSC.

One big complaint that people have with PBSC is they ask to check your bag for ammo. I understand why considering their new pricing model. I'm sure people try to buy a box from them and smuggle in 250 rds of their own. If I owned the range I would strongly considering checking bags as well.

Thanks for the reply jtt1560. I've been shooting in Broward at Arizona Range because of the policies at the PB Co. ranges. I usually want to shoot some of my carry ammo as well as range ammo when I go to the range. I buy my ammo in bulk on line or at gun shows. I may consider PBSC for a quick trip when I don't shoot street ammo because it is only about 15 minutes from home.

jtt1560
11-07-2009, 06:38
No problem, glad I can help. Let me know what you think when you try them out.