Scuba lessons in South Florida? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Scuba lessons in South Florida?

Genso
11-06-2009, 19:17
Hi, I am interested in learning how to do scuba diving. I recently went snorkeling and I like it, and now I'd like to learn how to do diving, if possible, before New Years.

Where can I get training? How much time (hours/days) does it take to become certified, and generally competent? How much does training cost?

I live in Fort Lauderdale. Any good places to learn around here?

Dalton Wayne
11-06-2009, 19:27
Head on up to West Palm Beach there is some good dive shops and some damn fine diving on the reef, you can coast the gulf stream thats a blast water depth is about 65' it's been years since I dove WPB but it was a blast, while you're at it get nitrox certified. :cool:
Regards
DW

seafoxfla
11-08-2009, 19:55
Check and see if BCC has some classes starting up or the local YMCA. also Google PADI. It's not a cheap hobby.

G19Pistolero
11-09-2009, 08:11
Lots of good shops in the West Palm and Jupiter area...Pura Vida Divers and Jupiter Dive Center are great...don't know around FLL...

Most OW courses will be around 300-400$ plus other costs...

Good luck.

-J.-

glock-fan
11-14-2009, 17:51
I took it at Miami Dade Collegue, they are chep like $125.00 two days per week like 4 weeks if I'm not wrong. Later you have to do 4 inmersion in open water to get certified. They contract a private shop called Underwater Unlimited, and you get certified by SSI (scuba school international).

You won't regret it it is the best money spent.

nursetim
11-14-2009, 19:38
There is a huge school in your town that teaches instructors. It is very close to the beach and has a wicked dive shop attached. I think it's called ProDive.