New, faster alternative process for CCW (instead of mailing) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New, faster alternative process for CCW (instead of mailing)

DeLandSkyjumper
11-09-2009, 18:26
After scanning the CCW thread here for how long it takes, I noticed one of the last posts mentioned something about going to a regional office for the FL Dept. of Agriculture to submit your application for a CCW.

I, like an idiot, let my complacency get the best of me and never renewed my CCW and have gone past the 6 months. I've been dreading the unbearable wait to re-do everything until yesterday when I started researching this.

As of October 2009, you can now make an appointment with any of the 8 regional offices for the FL Dept. of Agriculture. They give an estimated 2-3 weeks until you receive your CCW ( read on here yesterday that some have received theres in as little as 8 days.). All you need to bring w/ you to the appointement is a current for of ID, a copy of documentation of firearms safety or a DD214 and a check for $117, (personal, cashiers or money order). At the appointment you fill fill out an online application and then will have your picture taken as well as your fingerprints.

This is just a quick note to get more notice out about the new alternative. I do suggest that if you are interested in applying this way, you check out the FL Dept. of Agricultures web site for the most up to date info from the state andwhat you need. Maybe someone here can paste a link for the state to this thread, I would, but I'm still kinda puter illiterate.

I made an appontment for my Dad and myself this Friday and will post back how the experience went.

HTH.

Jr_sanchez
11-10-2009, 19:00
i sent my application oct 2 of this year buy slow mail and the issue date is oct 26, and i got it before Halloween. Just in case you don't live near one of the 8 regional offices, so dont get your hopes crushed stil takes the same time.

maynardwix
11-13-2009, 16:01
That is the way I went about getting mine. I went to the Punta Gorda Dep. of Agriculture, it was a 30-40 min. drive from my house but soooo worth it. I took the firearms safety class on a Wed. night, Thursday after work I went to the office (no appointment). As you said, it was $117.00, online app., picture and electronic fingerprints done there, I was out of the office in 20 minutes. The next Friday I had my license in the mail, 8 days later (6 buisness days)! If anyone is gong to get their license this is definatly the way to go.

DeLandSkyjumper
11-14-2009, 17:18
Well, I had the appointment for my Dad and myself yesterday at 1:30, they actually took us at 12:45 and had us both out the door in about 30 minutes. This is the 1st state organization that actually had their act together that I have dealt with. I give them an A+ at the Jacksonville office. I asked them how many they average a day and the reply was between 30 and 35.

Put the word out, this is definately the way to go.

maynardwix
11-15-2009, 11:57
This is the 1st state organization that actually had their act together that I have dealt with. I give them an A+ at the Jacksonville office.

I agree 100%, the same goes for the Punta Gorda office, I was amazed how organiged and fast it was, nothing like the DMV.

Kuvasz
11-18-2009, 15:02
I agree 100%, the same goes for the Punta Gorda office, I was amazed how organiged and fast it was, nothing like the DMV.

just moved near englewood from AZ....I will have to try the office and am hoping my AZ ccw will suffice for experience/training requirement...

any good shooting ranges in area...heard the was a cheap one near punta gorda

G19Pistolero
11-18-2009, 15:20
Here's the outdoor range in Punta Gorda:

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM5J8R_Babcock_Webb_Public_Shooting_Range_Punta_Gorda_FL

Hope that helps.

-J.-

DeLandSkyjumper
11-20-2009, 13:54
Well, it arrived today on the 20th. Can't beat that. Submitted at Regional Office, Friday November 13th, and received on the 20th. Btw, it was mailed from Tally on the 18th.