new world record? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : new world record?

paynter2
11-10-2009, 05:02
This buck is a candidate for the world record P&Y typical. It's currently in the mandatory drying period.

http://www.sheboyganpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=U0&Dato=20091108&Kategori=SHE01&Lopenr=911080805&Ref=PH

noway
11-10-2009, 14:06
Why do people do this?
Take a tropy record pope&young buck and then provide a picture that shows about as much detail as looking at the moon during the day :faint:

Pancho 12
11-10-2009, 17:38
There are pictures of Bigfoot floating around that are clearer and less obstructed than that picture.

CanyonMan
11-10-2009, 18:43
Why do people do this?
Take a tropy record pope&young buck and then provide a picture that shows about as much detail as looking at the moon during the day :faint:

LOL.... At you noway. You crack me up Amigo. (where is that deer?) got one yet?

This pic above. I am NOT being smart. Lately I see how not smart I am.

I could be wrong. Been there a good deal too.

But, although this is 'one nice buck'. I will say I have seen bigger bucks. (like noway pointed out the pics are hard to tell), but "world record....." I say as per the pics. No. Record book yes.

Anyway, yes it is a very nice buck ! Congrats to whoever shot him. ;)

Go get the venison noway....... ;)

Canyonman

chevy01234
11-10-2009, 20:02
Uh fella's, click on the "Show Thumbnails" There are about 23 more pictures! DOH!

Or the little < or > arrows, they will show the full size pictures.

217 5/8 is a heck of a deer, congrats to the shooter

CanyonMan
11-10-2009, 20:28
Uh fella's, click on the "Show Thumbnails" There are about 23 more pictures! DOH!

Or the little < or > arrows, they will show the full size pictures.

217 5/8 is a heck of a deer, congrats to the shooter

Hey Chevy, hope all is well with you hoss.

well i tell ya. I did click on the thumbnails, and it is a nice buck. did not know the mesurements untill you told us. He just may have a chance if the drying out period does not mess him up. Current typical P&Y world record is 204 7/8"

I have a non typical B&C I never enterd, just was not interested, but he is about 227. We have so many huge bucks on the place we just don't get to worked up over books. BUT, it is cool to have one like this old boy, and I get a bigger kick outta seeing someone eles get excited over it, and get something out of it than myself, who just don't care frankly. Kinda like seeing your son shoot something far bigger than yours, you feel more excited for them.... ;)

So, if he holds on, he might be the new boy on the block.... hope he makes it

Good luck to him.

Good shooting to you chevy.

CanyonMan

chevy01234
11-10-2009, 20:57
Hey Chevy, hope all is well with you hoss.

well i tell ya. I did click on the thumbnails, and it is a nice buck. did not know the mesurements untill you told us. He just may have a chance if the drying out period does not mess him up. Current typical P&Y world record is 204 7/8"

I have a non typical B&C I never enterd, just was not interested, but he is about 227. We have so many huge bucks on the place we just don't get to worked up over books. BUT, it is cool to have one like this old boy, and I get a bigger kick outta seeing someone eles get excited over it, and get something out of it than myself, who just don't care frankly. Kinda like seeing your son shoot something far bigger than yours, you feel more excited for them.... ;)

So, if he holds on, he might be the new boy on the block.... hope he makes it

Good luck to him.

Good shooting to you chevy.

CanyonMan

All is well amigo! Just been busy lately. I was just picking at y'all.. I don't get that worked up about a deer either, ducks are a different story though!

Here is the fella's information (from the link)
Michael Gregoire of Sheboygan Falls shot a buck Thursday with an unofficial score of 217 5/8 inches. Submitted photo

That is a big ol deer for sure, i'm sure he is thrilled! I know I would be!

CanyonMan
11-11-2009, 06:15
All is well amigo! Just been busy lately. I was just picking at y'all.. I don't get that worked up about a deer either, ducks are a different story though!

Here is the fella's information (from the link)
Michael Gregoire of Sheboygan Falls shot a buck Thursday with an unofficial score of 217 5/8 inches. Submitted photo

That is a big ol deer for sure, i'm sure he is thrilled! I know I would be!

When you shoot a 10 point Mallard please send pics ! ;)

I like the duck hunting myself, just don't get to do much ant more...
Have fun, shoot straight !

Good hunting

CanyonMan

paynter2
11-11-2009, 09:30
When you shoot a 10 point Mallard please send pics ! ;)

I like the duck hunting myself, just don't get to do much ant more...
Have fun, shoot straight !

Good hunting

CanyonMan

I miss duck hunting too. When I was younger a friend and I would shoot 100 duck each - every year. I preferred the late season diver shooting. Cant beat Canvasback and Bluebill shooting over big water in a blizzard!

I moved off the flyway now and don't hunt them anymore.

Your mallard comment reminded me of something. I once shot a cross between a mallard and wood duck.

The AmBASSaDEER
11-11-2009, 09:42
Heck of a buck, check his neck!

CanyonMan
11-11-2009, 11:06
I miss duck hunting too. When I was younger a friend and I would shoot 100 duck each - every year. I preferred the late season diver shooting. Cant beat Canvasback and Bluebill shooting over big water in a blizzard!

I moved off the flyway now and don't hunt them anymore.

Your mallard comment reminded me of something. I once shot a cross between a mallard and wood duck.

What did you get ? A decoy ! :rofl:

Man I could not resist....

I got to tell ya. That would be one bird I would have mounted and on the mantle for sure. ha. Out here it is mostly pond hunts, as there isnot an over abundance of water. There are some lakes, but they are not in such a way as to 'bank hunt" and I just never was much interested , or i really should say, not dedicated enough duck hunter to follow that route.

I'll hunt them off the ponds, (tanks) in Texas, or off a stream or narrow river bank if cover is available, and love to hunt them. But they just been on the bottom of my game list. I guess cause of the water situation, and no one in the house likes the duck meat but me. ;) But man it is fun, I am with ya there...

I wish ya all the luck in the world on you hunting this year if you go, and shoot one or two for me ok!...

Goot hunting

CanyonMan