Whats the closest shot you've ever missed at [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the closest shot you've ever missed at

Dalton Wayne
11-11-2009, 12:53
I missed a nice 6 point buck from three feet away one year bow hunting.
Regards
DW

noway
11-11-2009, 17:59
Bow: 7yards 4point buck in velvet ( got him 4 weeks later during muzzleloader ). A tree branch saved his bacon 1st time around

gun: 5yrds maybe away, got over excited and shot either below or over his head.

vafish
11-12-2009, 09:55
Well it wasn't quite a miss.

Had a little spike buck about 15 yards from me, went for a neck shot with the TC Contender, at the sound of the shot he took a jump and stated walking towards me. I drew the Ruger Blackhawk and shot him in the chest and he still kept walking towards me. When he got under my stand I put another one in his neck.

The first shot form the Contender had gone just a little high and grazed the top of his neck.

I also missed a little doe at about 10 yards. She stepped out onto the path in front of my, I raised the Contender, pulled the hammer back, and when I let go of the hammer the gun fired way before I had the scope on her. She ran off past my dad who was trying to help my son un-jam his gun, so dad shot her.

The older model Contenders if you pull the trigger with the hammer down will release the sear and the hammer will not stay cocked when you pull it back. The newer G2's don't do that.

noway
11-12-2009, 10:47
Well it wasn't quite a miss.

The older model Contenders if you pull the trigger with the hammer down will release the sear and the hammer will not stay cocked when you pull it back. The newer G2's don't do that.

One more reason to go with the G2 ;) The TC is quieter than my ruger blackhawk when cocking the hammer, but you have todo alot of more work to make it safe and recocking.

Broke Hoss
11-13-2009, 01:40
You know, I really try to forget the misses....

With a rifle; about 50 yrds, open sights, just led her to much.

1st year bow hunting; 2 misses at about 15 yrds. I didn't shoot anymore because I figgered something was off. Checking it later it was just me.

Foxfire5
11-13-2009, 02:09
Running rabbit at 15 feet with a single action Ruger .22!

Mouth
11-16-2009, 10:21
I missed a small 8 point buck at about 40 yards. He was standing behind a forked tree so I tried to shoot him through the fork, probably hit the tree. I got lucky and he ran about 20 yards toward me and stopped so I killed him with the next shot at about 20 yards. :)

Mouth
11-16-2009, 10:22
I missed a nice 6 point buck from three feet away one year bow hunting.
Regards
DW

3 feet? Why didnt you just rambo him and slit his throat....

Edge
11-30-2009, 08:30
Missed a standing doe (deer) at about 30 yards (with 44 mag Redhawk revolver), then missed her as she ran past at around 10 feet, then nailed her through the heart at about 180 yards as she kept running. Some of my absolute worst and absolute best (though I shouldn't have taken the shot) shooting all within seconds on the same deer.

Mouth
11-30-2009, 08:43
Missed a standing doe (deer) at about 30 yards (with 44 mag Redhawk revolver), then missed her as she ran past at around 10 feet, then nailed her through the heart at about 180 yards as she kept running. Some of my absolute worst and absolute best (though I shouldn't have taken the shot) shooting all within seconds on the same deer.

Lol wow!

gruntmedik
11-30-2009, 09:37
I missed a 6pt early in the bow season, from 21 yds. He was making his way along a grown up fence line. I came to full draw, and he stopped----with his chest behind enough brush and tree that I couldn't see it. After what seemed like forever, he stepped forward, and I let the arrow fly. Problem was, about 8 yds in front of me was a sappling that I had totally blocked out while focusing on the deer. One blade made contact with it, driving the blade backwards, through the washer/O-ring that holds the blades on the broadhead. The aluminum arrow snapped right in front of the fletching, and sounded like a gunshot. The forward portion of the arrow spun around the tree, and headed right back toward me. I thought, holy ****, I'm gonna shoot myself outta my treestand. :rofl: Never found the rest of the arrow. And I'm pretty sure that buck is still running. Scared the **** right outta him. :animlol:

Jacobdw
11-30-2009, 16:28
40yrds. missed the first shot, then she took about 4 steps to the left, stopped, and looked at me. Shot again and hit her!