Bear Pepper Spray -- Is is really that good? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bear Pepper Spray -- Is is really that good?

ADAMS
11-11-2009, 14:01
If a bear threatens you and ou have a 30/30 or any other rifle for big game, do you wait until the bear is in pepper spray range or shoot it before that?

http://robotspider.typepad.com/robot-spider/2009/11/as-a-reminder-fwp-montana-fish-wildlife-and-parks-recommends-that-hunters-carry-bear-pepper-spray-an.html

CanyonMan
11-11-2009, 15:22
If a bear threatens you and ou have a 30/30 or any other rifle for big game, do you wait until the bear is in pepper spray range or shoot it before that?

http://robotspider.typepad.com/robot-spider/2009/11/as-a-reminder-fwp-montana-fish-wildlife-and-parks-recommends-that-hunters-carry-bear-pepper-spray-an.html

Ask the realitives of the late victim ! Good lands man, if you got any gun, please shoot all you can before you mess with pepper spray, if you ar not wanting to be lunch. I Know you are serious about your question, and I am giving you the serious short version answer of mine.

Guns trump pepper spray on bears. If you are really worried about a bear attack, (and you should not be honestly), speaking from experience here. Then get a bigger gun, or load that puppy with heavy cast bullets, i assume your in the woods deer hunting, so you got the best of both worlds with the cast bullets that is, (using the caliber your talking about), and if you shoot your deer with a heavy cast, and hit him properly, he's on the table. If you need it against bear, you got very good penetration. With "what you got" that is my advice. Those wiser than I may be able to help you more.......

Good luck

CanyonMan

Usingmyrights
11-11-2009, 21:46
I post on another forum (non firearm) and the people there swear up, down, and backwards that bearspray is better. One talked about how much strong it was until I posted a link to Mace's site with their bear spray product saying the only difference is EPA tests. I also posted the info on Fox Labs spray, which happened to be strong than Maces bear spray product, by quite a bit.

To stay on topic, I large bore firearm and centermass

betyourlife
11-11-2009, 22:08
Depends.

.32 ACP? Give me the bear spray.

12ga. shotgun with 3" slugs? Hand me more "shells"....