looking for a good shop and a good range in SC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good shop and a good range in SC

CSnakes
11-11-2009, 19:49
I just moved to the Florence/Darlington are and I'm looking for recommendations on gun shops and ranges. Please offer any advice, I can justify driving up to an hour for the right place.

Also, anyone have experience with the Florence Gun show?

Thanks!

D-GLOCK17
11-12-2009, 00:01
I don't think they really have many vendors at the gunshows (at the Civic Center). I buy most of my Glocks from Southland Gun Works. The guys there are friendly, and for the size of the store, they have a pretty good selection. It is across from the Darlington Race Track (the large track, not the dragstrip).

I am not sure if you are familiar with Wadesboro, NC but I would recommend Village Pawn and Gun. It is a pawn shop but has more guns than several gunstores I have visited. They have a huge selection, considering the size of the place. Sometimes, you may not find what you are looking for out front but they may have it in back.

They carry most/if not all model Glocks, many of the Smith N Wesson revolvers, Sigs, Springfield, Ruger, Mossberg, Remington lines of guns and more.

BadAndy
11-14-2009, 15:20
If you weren't so far away I'm sure you'd love the Mid Carolina Rifle Club. We've got a huge area with plenty of space for shooting pistols and rifles. The rifle range is only 200 yards but it's better than nothing!