Sportsman's Warehouse SUCKS, Dick's Sports A OK! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sportsman's Warehouse SUCKS, Dick's Sports A OK!

Southern Patriot
11-13-2009, 20:48
I called Sportsman's Warehouse today and asked if they had a Marlin Papoose, kid on the phone said "no we don't have it but do have a Henry."
I had some time and stopped by. Guess what was in the rack, a papoose!

After waiting for the only guy behind the gun counter, several customers and like Walmart, other employees just walking around not helping anybody must be on break, Bobo came over.

"I called earlier and I talked to you about a papoose, is that one there next to the pink cricket?"

"Oh yeah I guess it is."

"Can I see it?' He hands it over. I inspect it and unscrew the barrell, this is a takedown 22 rifle, he says...."don't take that apart!"

I said " Is'nt that what it is designed for!"

Needless to say, the kid made me mad. I did not dry fire the rifle like the signs say. I did not field strip a glock (way over priced there anyway) on the counter. So what was the big deal??

I know I was not looking at a high end 270 or 308 but I was a customer either way.

I went to Dick's and was happy to actually talk to some one who gives a crap! They didn't care if I was window shopping or set to buy right then. I ended up buying the Rossi 22lr/20g youth model for my son for Christmas.

I really like the Papoose but I will never buy a firearm from Sportsman Warehouse!!!

And besides, Dick's beat the price on the papoose by $20 anyway, $239.00!!!!! Might order it soon!

Sorry this rant is long but I feel better now!!

BadAndy
11-14-2009, 15:18
Sportsmans Warehouse doesn't suck...that particular salesman was the problem. I've bought a bit of stuff from there and haven't had any issues when being helped by staff.

It definitely helps that my friends dad works in that department ;)

Noblinger
11-14-2009, 18:04
It was probably your friends dad he dealt with.:supergrin:

bootsx
11-14-2009, 18:40
I don't want to high jack the thread but, is it acceptable to field strip a used GLOCK at the counter if you are intending to buy it? Opinions?

BadAndy
11-14-2009, 21:50
It was probably your friends dad he dealt with.:supergrin:

That would be one hell of an old "kid" then :tongueout:

MaximaDrvr
11-16-2009, 20:49
I don't want to high jack the thread but, is it acceptable to field strip a used GLOCK at the counter if you are intending to buy it? Opinions?

If you are ready to buy pending inspection, and you ask first, then it is OK. If they refuse, just walk away, or threaten and mean it.

Fenderstrat72
11-21-2009, 22:07
I know where Sportsmen's Wharehouse is located but where is Dick's located?

Glockphobia
11-22-2009, 06:19
I know where Sportsmen's Wharehouse is located but where is Dick's located?

Bower Prkwy off of harbison blvd.

from sportsman warehouse: go back across the interstate and turn right at the next light. will be on your left after a couple of miles.

Fenderstrat72
11-22-2009, 08:47
Bower Prkwy off of harbison blvd.

from sportsman warehouse: go back across the interstate and turn right at the next light. will be on your left after a couple of miles.

Thanks, I didn't know they sold guns.

Glockphobia
11-23-2009, 03:58
Thanks, I didn't know they sold guns.
no problem! but, they sell long guns only, NO pistols.

rns-glock37
11-23-2009, 05:20

i wouldn't buy anything used without having the option to look/inspect it first. like have been posted above, if they refused then let them know that you don't intend to buy without inspecting then leave.

smoke
12-22-2009, 13:34
I don't buy anything from Sportsman's Warehouse or Dick's. Both have forgotten who the customer is.

CharlestonG26
01-10-2010, 10:17
Over the years, I've seen far too many cowboys mishandle firearms in gun stores. The only situation where I believe it is acceptable to disassemble a firearm at the counter is if you are giving a used gun very serious consideration. And, only then if you have the specific approval of the sales person.

indiegrind
01-10-2010, 13:24
I havent bought any guns yet from Sportsmans Warehouse, but I've always gotten helpful service when I have inquired about guns and optics and asked to look at them.

Bought some ammo from them last week, and plenty of fishing stuff.

ncglock19
01-22-2010, 22:20
I want to also put in a thumbs up :wave: for Dick's Sporting goods.

A few weeks ago, I stopped by a new Wally World in Apex, NC to ask about their 9 mm ammo. They had 3 sports guys standing around, and I had to ask each of the 3 of them about 9mm ammo and when they would get a shipment in. I was pretty much told that "we don't know and we don't care" by these guys. That's the first and last time I hit that Walmart.

A few days ago, I heard that Dick's had some cleaning kits, so I decided to stop by one on my way home. I was concerned about a Walmart repeat, but the greeter asked me if she could help. I told her I was looking for pistol cleaning kits. She directed me to a corner of the store called "The Lounge" where it was a little piece of Heaven. They had plenty of kits, shotguns for sale, and plenty of 9mm ammo. Though a bit higher than I get mail order, I made a mental note in case I was ever in a pinch.

I did speak with a guy behind the counter who told me that "The Lounge" is not owned by Dick's, but was a separate company. Guess that's the reason nothing gun-related is on Dick's website.

So Kudos to Dick's. Walmart stinks.

joe

smoke
01-23-2010, 05:29
I want to also put in a thumbs up :wave: for Dick's Sporting goods.

A few weeks ago, I stopped by a new Wally World in Apex, NC to ask about their 9 mm ammo. They had 3 sports guys standing around, and I had to ask each of the 3 of them about 9mm ammo and when they would get a shipment in. I was pretty much told that "we don't know and we don't care" by these guys. That's the first and last time I hit that Walmart.

A few days ago, I heard that Dick's had some cleaning kits, so I decided to stop by one on my way home. I was concerned about a Walmart repeat, but the greeter asked me if she could help. I told her I was looking for pistol cleaning kits. She directed me to a corner of the store called "The Lounge" where it was a little piece of Heaven. They had plenty of kits, shotguns for sale, and plenty of 9mm ammo. Though a bit higher than I get mail order, I made a mental note in case I was ever in a pinch.

I did speak with a guy behind the counter who told me that "The Lounge" is not owned by Dick's, but was a separate company. Guess that's the reason nothing gun-related is on Dick's website.

So Kudos to Dick's. Walmart stinks.

joe

The store section with the gun stuff is called "The Lodge". It still sux IMO!