Need some ideas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need some ideas

SilverBullet_83
11-15-2009, 11:34
Ok, so finally after christmas I will be looking into my wifes carry. As of now she does not have a firearm. She thinks my 27 is too big for her to conceal. I believe that by what she has said she will only keep it in her purse and not on her person. Now I think that since there can be too many scenarios with a semi auto that she should have a revolver, also easier to conceal. Now is there anyone with any carry methods or firearms ideas out there.
Oh and for her size she is 5'8" to 5'9" and a little heavy.

motorhome
11-15-2009, 15:23
I have been married for 50 years one thing I have found out NEVER EVER SAY YOUR WIFE IS A LITTLE HEAVY. Always say average size for her height. You will be rewarded for saying the right words. Good luck and stay safe.

Mrs.Cicero
11-15-2009, 19:23
Please do not choose a revolver for her. Take her to the range and let her try shooting EVERYTHING (INCLUDING SEMI-AUTOS) that will fit in her carry purse (and please get a real carry purse, don't just let her stuff a gun into a bag loose). I hate revolvers. The grips are all wrong and painful to practice with. There is no point in carrying anything she won't practice with regularly. For me, that means weekly. I have carried an HK USP Compact in 9mm for 10+years, and love it dearly, but periodically I go to the range and try newer makes/models to see if there is anything better.

Mrs.Cicero

SilverBullet_83
11-16-2009, 08:06
I have been married for 50 years one thing I have found out NEVER EVER SAY YOUR WIFE IS A LITTLE HEAVY. Always say average size for her height. You will be rewarded for saying the right words. Good luck and stay safe.

trust me I never do, but felt for this a description was necessary to get correct ideas.

SilverBullet_83
11-16-2009, 08:08
Please do not choose a revolver for her. Take her to the range and let her try shooting EVERYTHING (INCLUDING SEMI-AUTOS) that will fit in her carry purse (and please get a real carry purse, don't just let her stuff a gun into a bag loose). I hate revolvers. The grips are all wrong and painful to practice with. There is no point in carrying anything she won't practice with regularly. For me, that means weekly. I have carried an HK USP Compact in 9mm for 10+years, and love it dearly, but periodically I go to the range and try newer makes/models to see if there is anything better.

Mrs.Cicero

remember she thinks my 27 is big. the reason I was thinking a revolver is that if she did have a semi auto that she would freeze up in a stressful situation and I dont want to have to worry about that. she has fired both types before.

SilverBullet_83
11-17-2009, 08:23
I told her the responses that I got for this question and she liked them. all I know is that she will not be getting that derringer .22 that she said she wanted.

TurboRocket
11-21-2009, 08:53
I think a small .380 or snubbie on the person is better than a larger gun/caliber in a purse. Think of other situations when your wife does not have her purse, or if her purse is being snatched - God forbid.

Either way, I like the SmartCarry for deep concealment, when hip and pocket carry are not possible due to attire. I can wear the SmartCarry with a snubbie under athletic shorts, and it disappears. I'm a guy, so HerMMV.

Russ7777
11-21-2009, 18:44
You should take her to a gun range that rents out guns, and let her try a variety of guns to see what fits her hand best.
Having said that I would think the glock 23 would be a good option. It has a good capacity magazine, and it is .40cal. That gives it a greater knock down power than a 9, and not the save kick at the .45.