OK - does ANYBODY have large pistol or magnum primers in stock? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OK - does ANYBODY have large pistol or magnum primers in stock?

Kegs
11-20-2009, 19:00
If so, where?:dunno:

PBRLite
11-22-2009, 18:55
Uhhh.....got a couple thousand on my reloading bench. Cabela's has them in my neck of the woods, so does my local range.

I thought the drought was over?

Kegs
11-23-2009, 04:04
closest Cabelas to me is 3 hours away - but I'll be heading that way in less than a week, so will pick up some then.

I have purchased a couple hundred remington # 2 1/2 LPP for the time being. I know nothing about these, so all I can do is give them a try.

Randy from Kansas
11-23-2009, 07:15
have you checked your local stores lately? In my area they have been back on the shelves for the past month. Unfortunately the price is now $3.18 per hundred.

Kegs
11-23-2009, 08:07
Um, yeah yesterday - which is when I bought the only primers I could find (see last post). :)

Taterhead
11-24-2009, 21:43
have you checked your local stores lately? In my area they have been back on the shelves for the past month. Unfortunately the price is now $3.18 per hundred.

+1 on the local guys.

A local shop here has had primers pretty much throughout the drought, but he's been charging $6-7 per hundred and limiting those to just a few sleeves at a time. At one point he was only selling primers to those who purchased complete reloading presses.

ICabelas has been really inconsistent. In fact they have been pretty brutal with component selection throughout this past year. However, by total chance one Tuesday in July, I was in there as they had just put about 40K CCI 300s on the shelf. An employee and I both spotted them at the same time and both had that same shocked look. I scooped up what I needed. They were TOTALLY gone in just a few minutes after that. I wonder how many were bought by employees.

A reloading shop owner told me last week that CCI primers will be tough to get for quite a while. His sources told him that CCI had just signed some huge defense contract and will not be able to replenish the component stocks any time soon. That is too bad because I really like CCI primers. I have a good supply on hand, but I hope it doesn't run out before they are back on the shelves.

The good news is that powders and projectiles seem to be ok now. About the only thing I can't find are 200 gr XTPs.

Kegs
11-29-2009, 04:44
+1 on the local guys.About the only thing I can't find are 200 gr XTPs.

The two major things I want are 200gr. XTPs and CCI 300 and 350 primers...and I can't find either. I'm heading to Cabela's in about a week, so I'll see what they've got while I'm there.

Our "local" guys don't have squat - but I live in the boonies...local is 30 minutes away - and all I could pick up is Remington #2 1/2s and 155gr XTPs (which I probably won't be purchasing again - I would favor 180gr.+ for the 10mm).

But seriously - not a single other bullet in 10mm/.40 to be found in the store, ditto for large pistol primers.

Taterhead
11-30-2009, 23:43
I just picked up more primers tonight for the hell of it. Sorry you are having trouble. The shop did not have CCI 300 LP, but they did have CCI 350 LPM. They also had a good supply of WLP, Remington and others. It is starting to trickle back. Powders are coming back too.

I have come to the conclusion that 200 gr XTPs have vanished altogether. 180s have been in stock lately though.

Kegs
12-01-2009, 20:27
Sinclair sent me a catalog with all of their XTP bullets on sale...I wonder if their sale is based on a backorder?

Peter M. Eick
12-18-2009, 14:26
My local dealer "carter's country" here in houston had at least 10,000 large pistol and large pistol magnum primers yesterday on the shelf. Small pistol they were out of, which is of course what I needed.

Taterhead
01-09-2010, 19:44
Seems like shipments of primers are showing up everywhere now. In all types at various retailers. I imagine some stores may have over ordered and may have a bit of inventory on hand for a while.

Taterhead
01-09-2010, 19:51
+1 on the local guys.

A reloading shop owner told me last week that CCI primers will be tough to get for quite a while. His sources told him that CCI had just signed some huge defense contract and will not be able to replenish the component stocks any time soon. That is too bad because I really like CCI primers. I have a good supply on hand, but I hope it doesn't run out before they are back on the shelves.

Turns out that the reloading shop owner probably had no clue what he was talking about. Maybe he was trying to scare me into buying his other primers (at $6-$7 per 100), that were inventoried in huge numbers, instead of waiting for the CCIs to come in. I'm seeing CCI primers of all types just about everywhere now.

xdmikey
01-10-2010, 09:15
Peter, you know that you can use small rifle primers in place of small pistol primers, correct.
i mistakenly bought remy 6.5. the box said not for .223. i read a thread on arf that said several guys hadn't bought small pistol in years; they just use srp.
i load for my ar w/srp w/o incident and will continue to do so.
also, check out 10ring.com in cypress. a little further maybe but they just moved to a much bigger storefront.

oldsoldier
01-10-2010, 09:45
Powder Valley has Wolf LP primers in stock. http://powdervalleyinc.com/

LightningCrash
02-18-2010, 08:34
I gave up and bought some locally. I kind of cringed at the time, but it really wasn't too bad since I wasn't paying shipping and hazmat.

rickrope
02-18-2010, 20:50
Midway has all types of Remington primers in stock as of 9:50PM EST

aggiekcc
02-19-2010, 22:23
I just ordered 1000 Remington 2 1/2 LPP from Cabelas online 2 days ago and was notified they have shipped and will arrive Tuesday. I am new to reloading but figured the Remingtons were better than nothing until I can get some of the CCIs.

Kegs
03-13-2010, 10:20
I just ordered 1000 Remington 2 1/2 LPP from Cabelas online 2 days ago and was notified they have shipped and will arrive Tuesday. I am new to reloading but figured the Remingtons were better than nothing until I can get some of the CCIs.

I've shot around 50 rounds with these primers so far. They certainly seem to be firing fine. I have 100 left, so I guess I will get some of whatever I can find here now that I am in Texas.