A non-firearm question for the ladies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A non-firearm question for the ladies

Russ7777
11-21-2009, 05:27
Hi Ladies,
My wife and I are going to kick our grown kids out of the house for christmas evening date night. We are planning on having some wine, cheeseball with crackers and a good movie. I am looking for a good romantic clean movie; any suggestions?
Thanks

TurboRocket
11-21-2009, 08:54
The Family Man. Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni. Christmas-themed, too.

golls17
11-23-2009, 07:46
IANAW (I am not a woman), but I can usually tell which movies are good for romantic dates based on how quickly I fall asleep. :tongueout::supergrin:

For example, I always fall asleep during The Notebook within the first half hour. Translation, EXCELLENT romantic movie.

The Family Man was a good suggestion, too.

My fiance really likes The Holiday (I think that's the one where the ladies switch houses for Christmas and then meet somebody special while away... Jack Black is in it, and some British guy, can't think of his name right now...). Actually, I can stay awake during that one.

luv2brode
11-23-2009, 08:03
the notebook is always a winner, though not a christmas movie

Batesmotel
11-25-2009, 09:32
Not a woman but I married one.

Serendipity. Cute with a Christmas theme.

Mrs. Tink
11-25-2009, 10:42
My fiance really likes The Holiday (I think that's the one where the ladies switch houses for Christmas and then meet somebody special while away... Jack Black is in it, and some British guy, can't think of his name right now...). Actually, I can stay awake during that one.

I believe you are thinking of Jude Law. It is a fun movie! I usually associate Jack Black with "stupid humor," but he surprised me in the Holiday! He was great.

I think Groundhog Day is a fun romantic comedy.

PilotKitten
11-25-2009, 18:47
I just saw The Ugly Truth and thought that was a pretty good one. Some funny lines guys might enjoy too.

janice6
11-25-2009, 19:12
Ghost

HexHead
11-25-2009, 19:22
Not a woman but I married one.

Serendipity. Cute with a Christmas theme.

Is that the one with Steve Martin? If so, great film.

PilotKitten
12-06-2009, 13:28
Is that the one with Steve Martin? If so, great film.

Urm no... it's the one with John Cusack.

Shondratasha
12-06-2009, 23:39
I'm the other half to BatesMotel's nomination of Serendipity - Great John Cusack movie and wonderful mood setter!