Good news story on guns and CCW permits [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Good news story on guns and CCW permits

FLAHOTROD
11-23-2009, 11:40
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21667630/detail.html

I saw this story on a Jacksonville news broadcast last week and thought I'd share it here.

It is a fair and objective story about the increase in applications in Florida for CCW permits. The reporter even went through the process himself and now has a CCW permit. Watch the video links in the printed story.

whatubeggin
11-23-2009, 12:07
Great Post....:wavey:

maynardwix
11-24-2009, 12:45
Thanks for posting, this is a great story and well written. I have re-posted this in the Carry Issues section, I thought this would be a good read for everyone that has a CCW, to see how are state is dealing with the subject. I posted the story and link there and also gave you credit for finding the story. Again thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

greatwun
11-24-2009, 16:10
First time hearing about the Jacksonville office service. If I didnt have my CCW already Id make the trip up there to do my paperwork rather then do the whole mail process.

TSloper
11-24-2009, 18:16
First time hearing about the Jacksonville office service. If I didnt have my CCW already Id make the trip up there to do my paperwork rather then do the whole mail process.

Orlando could not get me in until Dec 10th. I called the Jax on Nov 9th and they got me in the next morning. My permit showed up on the 18th. It was worth the drive.

Tim

FLAHOTROD
11-24-2009, 23:01
Thanks for the replies, fellas. Glad you found it helpful.

ZombieKing
12-11-2009, 14:48
Thanks for the info!

I didn't know we could go in person. Once I get my letter from my agency I'll be at a regional instead of wasting time with the mail.