Is it just me, or do Infantrymen have a twisted sense of humor? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or do Infantrymen have a twisted sense of humor?

Airborne Infantryman
11-29-2009, 10:00
I must say, I find some things funny as hell, of which may offend some of the thinner skinned folks.

IDK, maybe I'm just weird.

Fellow Infantrymen, what is your take? Are we twisted individuals? :supergrin: My wife seems to think so.

socmguy
11-29-2009, 18:30
This is true. I took a **** in the cat box once and my wife didn't think it was funny at all. The cat gets to **** there, why can't I?!

g35shooter
11-29-2009, 19:26
Yeah, we are all screwed up. BUt as they say it takes a certain breed:)

Reheater
11-29-2009, 20:30
Infantry... a twisted sense of humor? Nahh

An overinflated sense of self worth, sure. But not a twisted sense of humor.

Javelin
11-29-2009, 20:40

Someone got their feelers hurt :whistling:

:tongueout:

Reheater
11-29-2009, 20:54
Im a Gun Driver, by most peoples account I dont have feelings... except for myself.

Big Time
11-29-2009, 21:17
I'm all twisted up in different directions,LOL

DriBak
11-29-2009, 21:22
11B here, self proclaimed twisted individual here. Many believe I am crazy, maybe I am.
P.S. The meds do help:whistling:

Airborne Infantryman
11-30-2009, 20:27
Someone got their feelers hurt :whistling:

:tongueout:

BUWAHAHAHA! So true. I love it when people get butthurt over someone just poking fun at them. Its always the reaction I enjoy. I am indeed, twisted. :supergrin:

snair
11-30-2009, 20:27
not just you

Misty02
11-30-2009, 20:39
Followed the link from the new post listing, although I donít qualify (not an intantryman), I must askÖ What is wrong with a twisted sense of humor?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
It is not a nice thing to say, I know, but what fun would the world be if not for thinned skinned folks that get so easily bent out of shape?:whistling:

<o:p></o:p>

Airborne Infantryman
11-30-2009, 23:42
Followed the link from the new post listing, although I donít qualify (not an intantryman), I must askÖ What is wrong with a twisted sense of humor?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
It is not a nice thing to say, I know, but what fun would the world be if not for thinned skinned folks that get so easily bent out of shape?:whistling:

<o:p></o:p>

IDK, its the fact that I find sometimes downright crazy things funny. In Iraq, a gunner on an MRAP vaporized a feral dog at 300 meters using Iron Sights on a .50 Cal, and I thought it was hilarious and decided to give it a try; I missed. :crying:

I guess the phrase "Its funny until someone gets hurt; then its hilarious" applies to me. BUWAHAHAH!

As for the non-existence of thin-skinned people; it would be interesting to see who cracked first. The true test of thickness of skin!

deadday
11-30-2009, 23:52

:goodpost:

deadday
11-30-2009, 23:54
IDK, its the fact that I find sometimes downright crazy things funny. In Iraq, a gunner on an MRAP vaporized a feral dog at 300 meters using Iron Sights on a .50 Cal, and I thought it was hilarious and decided to give it a try; I missed. :crying:

I guess the phrase "Its funny until someone gets hurt; then the SCO gets all UCMJ'y and no fun is had for at least 3 days..." applies to me. BUWAHAHAH!

As for the non-existence of thin-skinned people; it would be interesting to see who cracked first. The true test of thickness of skin!

:wavey:

Airborne Infantryman
12-01-2009, 00:24
:wavey:

Hahah. Yes. Good times I've had. Never UCMJ'd though. Had quite a few smoke sessions from committing acts of jackassery when I was a Private, though. These days, I just watch from afar, then grab them by the neck when they cross the line with the jackassery.....:rofl:

Airborne Infantryman
12-01-2009, 00:26

But then who would endure 'the suck' without us? :supergrin: The cooks won't be doing, that's for dang sure. LOL

ranger88
12-01-2009, 08:39
11H here. And yes, I'm guilty of laughing at other people's pain and discomfort at times. Just because they have sand in their girl parts doesn't mean that it has to ruin my day too. :supergrin: But seriously....

You'll find a twisted sense of humor among combat arms soldiers, policemen, firemen, emt's, and coroners just to name a few professions. The humor allows us to keep our sanity when we see or experience truly awful and potentially psychologically damaging things.

luv2brode
12-01-2009, 09:08
i dont know of to many others that could be sitting in the feild talking a bout sucking chest wounds and all the fun a person can have with a person that has one.
we are twisted just about right to do the job.

nothing
12-04-2009, 07:53
So mineroller number 1 squishes a dog flat. A few of the other neighborhood dogs witness the squishing and think to themselves " Oh no, Sparky is dead... hey let's go eat him." 7 or 8 dogs run out in the middle of the street and begin eating sparky, not noticing mineroller number two breaks his echelon left formation to play a game we like to call "dog bowling". He rolled a spare.

Airborne Infantryman
12-04-2009, 20:20
So mineroller number 1 squishes a dog flat. A few of the other neighborhood dogs witness the squishing and think to themselves " Oh no, Sparky is dead... hey let's go eat him." 7 or 8 dogs run out in the middle of the street and begin eating sparky, not noticing mineroller number two breaks his echelon left formation to play a game we like to call "dog bowling". He rolled a spare.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I missed driving the 1151's with the Mine Roller......we got the Caiman MRAPs, and all the fun went away. We played cow bowling once by accident. You should have seen how pissed Hadj was when he found out we smushed his cow. :supergrin:

JBarbaresi
12-16-2009, 21:05
I must say, I find some things funny as hell, of which may offend some of the thinner skinned folks.

IDK, maybe I'm just weird.

Fellow Infantrymen, what is your take? Are we twisted individuals? :supergrin: My wife seems to think so.

simply put, absolutely. but its a tough job and requires a special sense of humor to deal with some of it.

8-Ball
12-20-2009, 17:22
Not just infantrymen.

mrraley
12-21-2009, 11:14
It's not that we are twisted... it's more that we share a bond and other people just don't get it.

Think about some of the conversations you have had in the ARMY and try having that same conversation back home.